downzy

US Politics/Elections Thread

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I didn't say it isn't and couldn't. I think the same thing could be said about Google, zoom and facebook, too, but I don't see Trump banning US companies. And even if TikTok is worse, I still believe the primary reasons Trump goes after it is to attack China. 

There have been discussions about banning it for a while now.   Regardless of what you think his motives are, it's worse than any of the apps you mentioned...by quite a bit...

This is a direct quote from the IT guy that reversed engineered it....(and no, it wasn't politically motivated...he reverse engineered it months ago...long before anyone even knew it was "bad")

"For what it's worth I've reversed the Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, and Twitter apps. They don't collect anywhere near the same amount of data that TikTok does, and they sure as hell aren't outright trying to hide exactly whats being sent like TikTok is. It's like comparing a cup of water to the ocean - they just don't compare."

Edited by Kasanova King

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

There have been discussions about banning it for a while now.   Regardless of what you think his motives are, it's worse than any of the apps you mentioned...by quite a bit..

I don't know and I can't put faith into a random post on Reddit. But again, the reasons why Trump goes after TikTok must be understood in the context over the larger trade war between USA and China, protecting US companies, and rallying against an outside enemy in election times. 

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I don't know and I can't put faith into a random post on Reddit. But again, the reasons why Trump goes after TikTok must be understood in the context over the larger trade war between USA and China, protecting US companies, and rallying against an outside enemy in election times. 

Maybe.  Maybe not.  He's not going to win any votes by banning the app.  That app is used primarily by kids/teenagers from all different backgrounds, including his base.  Those kids aren't going to be happy and knowing teenagers, their parents probably won't hear the end of it. :lol:

The irony is that I was going to post something about the app when I first found out about it a few weeks ago but it slipped my mind. :shrugs:

24 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

There have been discussions about banning it for a while now.   Regardless of what you think his motives are, it's worse than any of the apps you mentioned...by quite a bit...

This is a direct quote from the IT guy that reversed engineered it....(and no, it wasn't politically motivated...he reverse engineered it months ago...long before anyone even knew it was "bad")

"For what it's worth I've reversed the Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, and Twitter apps. They don't collect anywhere near the same amount of data that TikTok does, and they sure as hell aren't outright trying to hide exactly whats being sent like TikTok is. It's like comparing a cup of water to the ocean - they just don't compare."

I don't know why but this whole TiKTok thing reminds me of the evil toymaker in Halloween 3. It looks all nice and fun for the kids and wotnot but then it melts your face with loads of snakes and scorpions. :lol: 

• Haha 1

"Here's the game plan guys and girls, whenever he starts to answer our questions just yell reclaiming my time".  Democrats are a joke.  

1 minute ago, Swampfox said:

"Here's the game plan guys and girls, whenever he starts to answer our questions just yell reclaiming my time".  Democrats are a joke.  

Your guy wants you all to drink bleach. 

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Your guy wants you all to drink bleach. 

He never said to drink bleach.  If someone interpreted it that way and drank bleach they're retarded.

1 minute ago, Swampfox said:

He never said to drink bleach.  If someone interpreted it that way and drank bleach they're retarded.

Sorry. Inject bleach. Is that better? :lol: 

BLM and Antifa burn Bibles and american flags at the Federal Courthouse in Portland. Pretty sad.

49 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

These loons are so scared of the Durham report :D

The best part for me, she's such a fraud Barr just straight up laughed at her.

50 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Sorry. Inject bleach. Is that better? :lol: 

He sort of said it but it looks like he misspoke.  He was talking about UV light treatment and got carried away in his thought process....

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200713/fact-check-did-trump-tell-people-to-drink-bleach-to-kill-coronavirus

They rate it as "mostly false".

And there actually is uv light therapy being studied for the treatment of Covid...

https://nurse.org/articles/uv-light-therapy-coronavirus-covid19/

7 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

BLM and Antifa burn Bibles and american flags at the Federal Courthouse in Portland. Pretty sad.

I really hope that's not real.  But if so, it's beyond disgusting.  I'll hold off on commenting anymore until it's confirmed that it's a real video of Portland protesters.

@soon What do you think?

18 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I really hope that's not real.  But if so, it's beyond disgusting.  I'll hold off on commenting anymore until it's confirmed that it's a real video of Portland protesters.

@soon What do you think?

I just see a piece of hysterical propaganda, m'man.

For starters the text of the tweet claimed that someone was being oppressed. The video shows two individuals burning what are alleged to be bibles. Wheres the oppression? People who want to start a fire and dont hold reverence for certain books might just use it to start a fire. Granted it could indicate a desire to oppress people of the Book. But thats not materialized in their 'evidence.' :shrugs:And it also would be very random for entire movements to shift focus to pof's suddenly, right? :lol: I think they've got enough on their plates as is :lol: And thats what defines propaganda from reporting. The evidence doesnt support the texts claim. And its a ludicrous claim made to provoke fear and distain for movements for justice. Pure propaganda.

Id also repeat what I and others have repeated a bunch of times - antifa isnt a membership org. And most people acting under the banner of BLM arent part of a member organization either. BLMtm wants the money to keep flowing so we can easily deduce this was not a BLMtm action. Just two dummies. Seems random. And whys the video so short? Suspicious that they want to define only seconds of film when surely theres more.

And thats the most Ive ever thought about a post by Silent Jay :lol:

6 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

He sort of said it but it looks like he misspoke.  He was talking about UV light treatment and got carried away in his thought process....

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200713/fact-check-did-trump-tell-people-to-drink-bleach-to-kill-coronavirus

They rate it as "mostly false".

And there actually is uv light therapy being studied for the treatment of Covid...

https://nurse.org/articles/uv-light-therapy-coronavirus-covid19/

Don't fall for the bait. Everybody knows he misspoke.

The left thinks they're edgy with these forced memes but they are so bad and overplayed they make people realize that the left can't meme.

5 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

The left thinks they're edgy with these forced memes but they are so bad and overplayed they make people realize that the left can't meme.

You wash your mouth out with bleach - Im one of the few leftists on here and one of the top meme crafters on the entire forum! :headbang:

5 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Funny how the more stupid somebody is the more they misspeak. :lol: Just because he’s thick as pigshit doesn’t give him an excuse. He said it and he meant it. 

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Funny how the more stupid somebody is the more they misspeak. :lol: Just because he’s thick as pigshit doesn’t give him an excuse. He said it and he meant it. 

I know what you mean.  Like when a guy says poor kids are just as smart as white kids.  Or if you don't know if you're for me or Donald Trump you ain't black.  Or if a guy says I'm gonna take away your AR-14s.  Or if a guy says I told Jill to fire two blasts in the air with a double barrel shotgun to scare the thugs.  There's plenty more...

10 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

I don't think he literally meant people should inject themselves with bleach, but he did talk about bleach as a possible remedy for covid-19. If he misspoke, what do you think he intended to say? That we should turn bleach into pills?

10 hours ago, soon said:

You wash your mouth out with bleach - Im one of the few leftists on here and one of the top meme crafters on the entire forum! :headbang:

Aren't most people here pretty much left-of-center politically? Or are you using the term "leftist" differently than me? Almost all Norwegians would find themselves on the left if dropped onto the US' political scale.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Aren't most people here pretty much left-of-center politically? Or are you using the term "leftist" differently than me? Almost all Norwegians would find themselves on the left if dropped onto the US' political scale.

The thing is the left in Europe and left in the U.S. are very different things. During the Great Depression, many people thought that being left was good. But later the Cold War changed everything. And People like Ayn Rand became the role model.

6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Left of centre is a term and leftist is another term. Two terms. I know that must be difficult for you. Keep trying.

9 minutes ago, soon said:

Left of centre is a term and leftist is another term. Two terms. I know that must be difficult for you. Keep trying.

I think that another question would be where is the centre? 

4 hours ago, Padme said:

The thing is the left in Europe and left in the U.S. are very different things. During the Great Depression, many people thought that being left was good. But later the Cold War changed everything. And People like Ayn Rand became the role model.

Ayn Rand who died broke and on welfare. :lol: 

13 minutes ago, soon said:

Hence the question, "or are you using the term "leftist" differently than me?" ;)

screen15.jpg

9 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Hence the question, "or are you using the term "leftist" differently than me?" ;)

screen15.jpg

Now tell us what Marxist means.

3 minutes ago, soon said:

Now tell us what Marxist means.

You are not going to tell us what you mean with "leftist", to help us understand your claim that you are one of few here on the forum? Are you using it exclusively for people on the far left, hence excluding us closer to the centre yet still on the left wing? 

A Marxist is a follower of Marxism which is an ideology based on the thoughts of Marx. Marxists are on the far left of the political spectrum. Generally a dying ideology since attempts at building societies round Marxism have failed spectacularly, although elements of Marxism, in particular protection of workers rights, have been successfully incorporated in many well-functioning states. Most followers of Marxism today are idealistic youth with little life experience.