Tommy Stinson OUT ? (new interview)

What's happening to the MOST STABLE LINEUP ever? It's all falling apart! I don't want to see The General masterpiece being played by a nobody like Duff, I want legendary bassist Tommy Stuson! Oh, by the way, this is not news, there were clues all over the place about Tommy leaving. I didn't announce it before out of respect for Tommy and my very legit source I can't name. I'm on the music business so I am a legit insider.

My guess is Chris Snakepitman is next to announce his departure.

True. My source told me about this six months ago as well. I made a couple posts about it back then, all very vague ones, but I think they were pretty obvious. One was in the sports section when I said the Dodgers needed a veteran presence in their bullpen. And another when I said I didn't like Nicklebacks last album. Oh, and another where I mentioned taking the boat out to our cabin to spend the weekend.

I could tell you what is in store for 2016, especially since I often hang out with the band. But out of respect to Axl and my friends within the band I am keeping the info secret for now. But once the news is officially announced I will come on here and confirm that I already knew it.

Tommy has been out for awhile. Bumblefoot was the next. Ashba is the most recent.

Didn't Axl nickname him the general because he rallied the troops? surprising that'd he'd leave the general in the dark. Maybe things are bleaker than even mygnr thought... or Axl is in fact putting newguns to bed and old guns back on track.

What's happening to the MOST STABLE LINEUP ever? It's all falling apart! I don't want to see The General masterpiece being played by a nobody like Duff, I want legendary bassist Tommy Stuson! Oh, by the way, this is not news, there were clues all over the place about Tommy leaving. I didn't announce it before out of respect for Tommy and my very legit source I can't name. I'm on the music business so I am a legit insider.

True. My source told me about this six months ago as well. I made a couple posts about it back then, all very vague ones, but I think they were pretty obvious. One was in the sports section when I said the Dodgers needed a veteran presence in their bullpen. And another when I said I didn't like Nicklebacks last album. Oh, and another where I mentioned taking the boat out to our cabin to spend the weekend.

I could tell you what is in store for 2016, especially since I often hang out with the band. But out of respect to Axl and my friends within the band I am keeping the info secret for now. But once the news is officially announced I will come on here and confirm that I already knew it.

All I can say is:

Father's Heaven

Nine Dragons

Mother's Earth

Comrades

• Like 2

Fair enough! I like your tone. Sounds positive to me.

I disagree, I think he's one of the few likely to stick it out for the time being. No basis to this other than a hunch though.

Dizzy has been out since the mid 90s, but he still shows up. The samething with Pitman.

You hear more stories of Axl in the studio with Pitman than any other member. Makes me think that he's the only one in the most recent lineup that Axl was really wanting / willing to collaborate with.

• Like 2

I disagree, I think he's one of the few likely to stick it out for the time being. No basis to this other than a hunch though.

Dizzy has been out since the mid 90s, but he still shows up. The samething with Pitman.

You hear more stories of Axl in the studio with Pitman than any other member. Makes me think that he's the only one in the most recent lineup that Axl was really wanting / willing to collaborate with.

Yes.

What weirds me out is u would think he could just text Axl and be like hey should I make plans for next year? It sounds like Fortus and Ferrer have some clue.

What weirds me out is u would think he could just text Axl and be like hey should I make plans for next year? It sounds like Fortus and Ferrer have some clue.

I wonder if he likes gnr even less now that he's gone.

How would you feel? I would be bitter and beyond pissed off if I joined a band fronted by a guy who sold me on them rivaling the old lineup, to be met with 16 years of chaos involving constant lineup changes, album release dates, hype, glory, music videos, potential...instead getting NONE of that except abuse rom fans refusing to accept the new lineup.

I'd be a little bitter about things but, just me.

• Like 2

And Fortus was the only one talking about a new record. But maybe he was just a decoy sent to throw people off the scented candles.

I wonder if he likes gnr even less now that he's gone.

How would you feel? I would be bitter and beyond pissed off if I joined a band fronted by a guy who sold me on them rivaling the old lineup, to be met with 16 years of chaos involving constant lineup changes, album release dates, hype, glory, music videos, potential...instead getting NONE of that except abuse rom fans refusing to accept the new lineup.

I'd be a little bitter about things but, just me.

Tommy has been drunk the whole time?
  • Like 1

The General out of the band?

If that's the case, the only ones left are Axl, Dizzy, Frank, Fortus and Pitman

(it sounds more like Team Brazil gave everyone in the band a "we'll call you if we need you" notice after Vegas)

And fortus will leave next for a full time gig with the dead dasies. Gurantee it. At that point how does Frank possibly stay?

I could maybe see Pitman for touring sake since they had teddy during the illusion lineup. Dizzy of course he's an original member so he'd stay.

You would think but the fact this whole band has always been out of the loop on everything is not a good thing..

Fortus and Ferrer said it would be a big year for GNR fans. They may know something about a reunion and don't wanna spoil it...who knows?

i'm thinking all those signed trophy records axl sent out were parting gifts. when duff stepped in for tommy for those few gigs you could just tell axl was stepping it up a notch or two. seemed like he was in a better place.

for those speculating on a reunion, alder ain't getting the call if it's a tour that's a pipe dream. tommy probably had to go if slash was in consideration, that guy is still in party mode and slash is supposedly sober, plus duff is probably putting all the pieces together. i'm thinking frank may have to re-audition or matt gets the call. dizzy and pitman will be staying. fortus is the next most likely to be included and we'll see izzy here and there. all pure speculation on my part.

who knows maybe axl retired like that report he heard near the end of the run?

Axl

Slash

Duff

Fortus

Frank

Dizzy

Pitman

Honestly, I wouldn't mind this line-up.

Neither do I, but if you have Slash and Duff back, it seems overwhelmingly stupid to keep Pitman who adds nothing and to have Frank in over Adler or Sorum, who at least between them or Matt alone could get the job done more than capably. Your lineup is fine, but I just don't see why the drummer(s) wouldn't return if Slash or Duff came back, or frankly why Pitman would get a pass to stick around when they got along fine with all the sounds and keyboards without him on the Illusions tour.

I don't get the CD hate at all, for that matter pitman hate, the guys a stand up down to earth genious. Perfect pick on axls part and imo way more useful than dizzy reed lol. Dizzy give's gnr that cheap piano bar sound lol its great and kinda sad at the same time. People seem to forget something very important. Without pitman, Axl cannot perform CD tracks....so there goes the hope of playing this i love, impossible without synth!! That goes for all the CD tracks. No pitman, no CD performances ever again...pretty simple yet everyone seems like it'd be great to get rid of him...well fuck you hating bastards. Pitman most likely is more important to CD than fink or bucket. Slash needs to embrace the nu metal for this to go all out bananas awesome and pitman is part of that process!!!.

No i don't want an appetite reunion, that album is great but it lacks diversity big time. Use Your Illusion still has everything you need, rap, rock, metal, ballads, country, southern rock...fuck you name it. GNR is about diversity. Thats why slash will come aboard no question, he wants a diverse career again, myles continues to disappoint with his 1 dimensional efforts. let him have alter bridge, another 1 dimensional group stuck in post grunge rock metal with nothing to add to the table at all. Creed was better and i think it would be wise for mark tremonti to really give that a real consideration before he gets old and realizes alter bridge isn't going anywhere at all. Its myles dude, he has no character or personality in his lyrics, actually it makes me wonder, can he even write lyrics, or is he just another one of those guys who can sing well, play guitar but has no actual creativity inside of him. I'm also very glad Jimmy page didn't select him to tour as zeppelin as ima zeppelin nutter as well and that would have tarnished zeppelin so bad i may have wrote him hate mail.

While im at it, my thread about gnr reunion last august that got locked up is now coming to life...Gnr will do the YES UNION idea exactly as i said because axl has something almost all these bozos lack, a fucking backbone. He will not, i repeat, will NOT give up his CD tracks for slash and co, your nutz if you think he would just abandon his Rap NU-Metal Project. It's still relevant, you just have to use your ears. Axl is a rapper, has been and always will be. Actually, he is more black than Slash is. Slash couldn't rap for shit. Slash actually brought the love to gnr with his delicious melodies. Izzy wrote the riffs, duff gave the attitude. Not once in slash's solo material do you hear that guitar cry like before. He's a modern Hendrix absolutely.

• Like 1

All I can say is:

Father's Heaven

Nine Dragons

Mother's Earth

Comrades

We'll meet at Warehouse no. 8. Edited by Sonicjam
  • Like 1