Black Sabbath THE END Tour 2016

Black Sabbath

Well I hope they pick a performance where Ozzy is not mumbling his word as the youtube's I saw of some of the gigs made me sad to see him go out that way. I love Sabbath and saw them in 1975 and 1978 so would like a decent recent video of them playing in good form............

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still don't think they'll ever TOUR AGAIN. One off shows here and there maybe, but I don't think they'll tour.

Anyway, for those with the premium channel Showtime, The End of the End is available On Demand currently until Thanksgiving.

I've watched up to Under The Sun currently. It's done very well, and I don't know if Ozzy re-recorded anything (doubt it), but he sounds good regardless.

That said, I still can't stand the interviews cutting in and out during songs. Do it between songs sure, but one of the reasons I never watch The Last Supper is because it's a stupid decision to have interviews during songs.

Now, on the upside, the stuff they did where they filmed themselves playing rare songs in the studio was fantastic (aside from cutting into the performances of course - fucking irritating).

Got to watch about 45 minutes of it and Ozzy sounded great on the songs I saw...Love Tony Iommi's guitar playing and that man created some epic riffs in his day.

Have to agree with the annoying interviews being played over the songs....Whose stupid idea was that?

I wonder if the bluray edition will offer an menu option to watch the concert uncut without the interviews........

• Like 1

I REALLY hope there's an interview-less option on the Blu-ray. Especially for those studio performances. Wicked World?! How the fuck are you going to cut into that performance of a rare fucking song like that?!

The interviews are cool, but man I'd enjoy this so much more without them. I'll watch the interviews when I want to want the interviews. Right now I wanna watch the live performances without interruption!

blacksabbaththeendboxnov2017.jpg

The Angelic Sessions

01. The Wizard
02. Wicked World
03. Sweet Leaf
04. Tomorrow's Dream
05. Changes

All visual formats feature special bonus material of the band playing a selection of their favorite songs not played on tour.

These intimate live sessions at Angelic Studios were recorded in the days after their final live performance.

They posted a little teaser of the deluxe set today on Social Media and had the start of Supernaut, but fairly certain it was a re-recorded Angelic Session version. In addition, when I watched the trimmed down Showtime version on TV, in the credits they had a re-recorded Angelic Session version of Electric Funeral. Sucks they don't seem to be included in the set getting released.

• 2 weeks later...

Screenshot_20171120-203556.thumb.png.6f842e63355dc24124c71c35326fe105.png

And people wonder why Ozzy and the gang were skeptical of Bill's ability to tour... 

I want nothing bad to happen to him. I think Bill is great and wish him the best, but it was something like this that they obviously came to realize would be a great possibility when touring with Sabbath the last few years. Bill would not have been fit for the tour.