Adler

illusionone

Question. How close were you to Steven? I was at the book store yesterday and was skimming through his book and I thought it would have been great to get some insight into what his thoughts were/ what he was feeling watching his band tour the world for almost 3 years without him. That must have been hell reading magazines, watching MTV etc.... It was probably best that the Internet was not in full swing so he didn't have to watch the band move on without him on YouTube.

Thoughts?!?!?

Thanks,

Illusionone

Question. How close were you to Steven? I was at the book store yesterday and was skimming through his book and I thought it would have been great to get some insight into what his thoughts were/ what he was feeling watching his band tour the world for almost 3 years without him. That must have been hell reading magazines, watching MTV etc.... It was probably best that the Internet was not in full swing so he didn't have to watch the band move on without him on YouTube.

Thoughts?!?!?

Thanks,

Illusionone

Hi - I have the book and he does write about it a fair bit, how he felt, and how he plunged deeper into drugs after his sacking, as Marc says. He also writes about the court case and how he felt seeing Slash and Axl again in court.

It's quite a depressing, painful read, is Steven's book, but good for getting a different perspective.

Edited by BetterDay7

• 1 month later...

Thoughts?!?!?

Thanks,

Illusionone

Hi - I have the book and he does write about it a fair bit, how he felt, and how he plunged deeper into drugs after his sacking, as Marc says. He also writes about the court case and how he felt seeing Slash and Axl again in court.

It's quite a depressing, painful read, is Steven's book, but good for getting a different perspective.

i read it...

he really plays the pity card quite a bit

Yes, he really does. Saw him on tv recently here in the UK and same again. I do have sympathy for him but I wish he would not boast as much as he does. It just makes him look more pitiful!

Thoughts?!?!?

Thanks,

Illusionone

i read it...

Yes, he really does. Saw him on tv recently here in the UK and same again. I do have sympathy for him but I wish he would not boast as much as he does. It just makes him look more pitiful!

Thoughts?!?!?

Thanks,

Illusionone

i read it...

I didn't see Steven from 1991 to 1995 and then only saw him once at Canter's and he looked real bad. Then I saw in again in 2006 and he looked better but was still on drugs. since 2007 I have been in good contact with him. I dont really know how he felt knowing his band toured all those big places from 91 to 93. Knowing Steven well, I would think it must have killed him to see that and at the sometime push him deeper into the dark world of drugs to hide the pain. Steven is a great guy inside and would give anyone the shirt right off his back. Nomatter what there is a place in heaven waiting for him when his time comes.

Creepy

• Like 1

There is a lot of truth to that statement. However , if I had been Erins nurse I would have done everything in my power to adviocate for her family to press charges against him. I would have called in the big guns, social work ,chaplains and the ICU medical director to help the family make an informed decision. Part of being a great critical care nurse is assessing why your patient is in ICU and doing everything in your power to keep them safe. Maybe if he had been held accountable for his actions at that time. His life might have taken a different direction.

Edited by Little EMO Annie

Didn't he inject Erin Everly with a speedball and put her in an ICU after she suffered a cardiac arrest? Don't think there's a special place in heaven for a guy like that.

How could anyone know that? Were you there?

this seems to be a he said she said type deal

what actually happened? I doubt axl would've reconvened with adler in 2006 had this been the case ?

This topic came up in some detail about a decade ago. Axl certainly seemed to believe Angela's version. This exchange got Stevie kicked off his opening gig on the Hanoi Rocks shows, IIRC. I can't find the Blabbermouth link so cut and pasted from HereToday archive.
On HANOI ROCKS guitarist Andy McCoy:
Steven Adler: "His wife — if she's still his wife — used to be Izzy's [stradlin, ex-GUNS N' ROSES] girlfriend back in the day. She's the biggest cunt, very *friendly* person, whore, loser, piece of shit I've ever met in my life! After they let me go from GN'R, Andy was living up the street from me. We started writing together. He would come down and I would say, 'Do not bring that goofy wife of yours!' I'd be in the front yard and I'd see him up the hill and I'd flip him off because he was bringing her. One afternoon we were playing and I had a locked gate. The wife and Erin Everly come over. Axl and Erin had got in a fight. That's what really did it. This girl gave her valium and some other stuff and kept telling me to give her heroin. There is now way in hell I would ever do anything to Erin, even sexually. The closest we ever got was eating sushi in Studio City once. Three guys came in with shotguns and robbed the place while we were there. They took everybody's shit but ours! I've always been a big fan on Michael Monroe and Andy McCoy. Michael got to play on the 'Use Your Illusion' stuff. Me, Slash, and Duff wrote the music. I only got to play on 'Civil War'. We're doing that one live, too."ADLER'S APPETITE members Steven Adler (drums, ex-GUNS N' ROSES) and Keri Kelli (guitar, VINCE NEIL, ex-SLASH'S SNAKEPIT recently spoke to RockConfidential.com about their new EP and their upcoming tour, among other topics. A couple of excerpts from the interview follow:

Angela's response

Well I was not gonna post anything on this comment cuz Imo it's not news it's his own guilt&He wants us to speak s~t!
Just consider the source!The guy could of spoken about so many topics!His band,etc..Instead he slagged me off!Im flattered.Really to think that this guy had the nerve to say that just shows us that he's talkin about himself!It's public record what really happened to Erin and this guy is The Biggest wimp Andy or I have ever met!If it was not for Andy that woman would most probably be dead(we thank the divine)And he would be in jail for attempted murder amongst ...!When Andy thankfully went over there she was blue with her panties to her ankles(with the guy well I will not go there)...well....Andy called me to call a ambulance immediatly as he tried to revive her.When the cops came(the guy ran into the shower,he had to save his own ass & his s~t like nothing was happening.)I ran over w/A eyewitness and actress friend and she(Erin) was not coming to!It was the scariest thing I(we) have ever witnessed.Thankfully she's fine)Actually,I feel sorry for the dude and have not seen him or spoken(Andy too)For some 15 years or so when that went down!Imo:He hadda great gig w/'HANOI' and blew it(your off the gig,gig's)!Bye dude&whatever happened along time ago it should be just that,Something in the past!I have so much dirt on you however I'm an adult now and wil not participate in this sandbox play anymore!Please Get new songs&a life Little man!Oh yeah as he pointed out:'GOT LET GO' FROM GNR!! :jackass:Duh,(Get back in that little closet,you know)...You got fired just admit it you Dufus.(If I'm Goofy,Thanks,We Luv Goofy)You must be sleepy the dwarf...We Thank all out there that understands our view..
Angela McCoy

Didn't he inject Erin Everly with a speedball and put her in an ICU after she suffered a cardiac arrest? Don't think there's a special place in heaven for a guy like that.

what actually happened? I doubt axl would've reconvened with adler in 2006 had this been the case ?

I'm not familiar with this story.

Did Adler take her hostage and force drugs on her? Or did she go there and voluntarily take them?

Did Adler take her hostage and force drugs on her? Or did she go there and voluntarily take them?

She went over there after a fight with Axl. She was apparently totally zonked out on valium and other pills (it's the only constant detail of Axl, Steven and the McCoy's differing version of events). According to Angela McCoy, she and her husband found Erin naked and unconscious with Steven. It was presumably determined at the hospital that she'd been shot up with a speedball. According to Steven, Angela McCoy was responsible. Axl spoke about it in one of the RIP interviews he did with Del and obviously believed the McCoy's version (which may have been supported by Erin, but she's never spoken about it publicly). I don't think it's been suggested that he forced the drugs on her, but rather that as she was already in such a compromised state (and according to Axl had no experience with hard drugs) that whether she took them voluntarily or not, Steven was grossly irresponsible in giving them to her.

She went over there after a fight with Axl. She was apparently totally zonked out on valium and other pills (it's the only constant detail of Axl, Steven and the McCoy's differing version of events). According to Angela McCoy, she and her husband found Erin naked and unconscious with Steven. It was presumably determined at the hospital that she'd been shot up with a speedball. According to Steven, Angela McCoy was responsible. Axl spoke about it in one of the RIP interviews he did with Del and obviously believed the McCoy's version (which may have been supported by Erin, but she's never spoken about it publicly). I don't think it's been suggested that he forced the drugs on her, but rather that as she was already in such a compromised state (and according to Axl had no experience with hard drugs) that whether she took them voluntarily or not, Steven was grossly irresponsible in giving them to her.

well then, sounds like steven is a bit of a piece of shit if you ask me

that was axl's wife for fucks sake

however, and this is a big however, sounds like everyone was fucked up at the time

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

Crazy.

He's lucky that Axl didn't kill him.

yeah axl is very misunderstood and seems to be very grounded in his morals, glad him and slash have mended it, adler however hasn't really done enough to get back in with those guys...his demented views are just to low

yes. I think Steven got away with a lot in his youth because he was really good looking back in the day. He is not worthy of being in any reunion real or fantasy. Just my opinion.

yeah axl is very misunderstood and seems to be very grounded in his morals, glad him and slash have mended it, adler however hasn't really done enough to get back in with those guys...his demented views are just to low

yes. I think Steven got away with a lot in his youth because he was really good looking back in the day. He is not worthy of being in any reunion real or fantasy. Just my opinion.

sad but true, considering that without his drumming on appetite it wouldn't be that good of a record

sad but true, considering that without his drumming on appetite it wouldn't be that good of a record

There are ALOT of talented drummers in LA. Especially back then.

I think plenty of drummers could have filled in without compromising the quality of the album.

I think plenty of drummers could have filled in without compromising the quality of the album.

im gonna disagree with both of you - no way of knowing that - so don't discredit what has already been done