Axl & Gilby at the Cat Club in 2000

WAR41

Hey Marc,

I cannot believe it was 15 years ago, but I totally remember hearing the news the next day about Axl getting up onstage with Gilby at the Cat Club to play some Stones songs. I was so excited that Axl was still around! At that time the Internet was still in its infancy and information was not so easy to come by.

You had answered a question about this show previously by saying that Axl and Gilby were on good terms at the time. Did you know that Axl was going to head out to the show or was it a spur of the moment thing? Was he happy that he did the performance? Finally, did he wear an Ohio State #32 jersey because he is a big Jack Tatum fan?

It was not planned, Gilby did say in an interview that Gilby saw Axl there, they met and then Axl joined him for fun when Gilby played. I don't think so they have bad blood, it would be great to see Gilby and Axl doing something together.

I don't blame Gilby for being pissed off with Axl after leaving him off of sftd and of the criedts of live Era and how he sacked him[/quote

Gilby was not involved in putting together those songs and was not in the band while they were being put together. He also was no longer in the band when they put out the live record. So in the end he was a hired musician for the tour.

Are there any photos or videos of this story?

There are a few floating around. If this had happened today there would be a ton of pictures and videos, news articles, and tweets about it. And multiple assholes taking to their YouTube channels expressing their opinions on their webcams.

Are there any photos or videos of this story?

There are a few floating around. If this had happened today there would be a ton of pictures and videos, news articles, and tweets about it. And multiple assholes taking to their YouTube channels expressing their opinions on their webcams.

Yeah I did a google search on this story earlier and found an MTV article about it from way back in 2000 and a couple pics. This is one of my favorite Axl stories