The Dragon Age Thread

OmarBradley

• 3 weeks later...

Work's been nuts haven't been able to play much. I did the banquet in Orlais main story quest the other day.... Morrigan shows up as royal advisor to Orlais? Wtf? Did anyone else think that was a beyond dumb way to reintroduce her into the story? I haven't talked to her at Skyhold yet, so maybe there is a reason.... but I was really disappointed given how they concluded her story in the first game/Witch Hunt. And it doesn't even fit her character/personality to be a royal adviser. Also why can't she hold her head up straight?!

Work's been nuts haven't been able to play much. I did the banquet in Orlais main story quest the other day.... Morrigan shows up as royal advisor to Orlais? Wtf? Did anyone else think that was a beyond dumb way to reintroduce her into the story? I haven't talked to her at Skyhold yet, so maybe there is a reason.... but I was really disappointed given how they concluded her story in the first game/Witch Hunt. And it doesn't even fit her character/personality to be a royal adviser. Also why can't she hold her head up straight?!

Hm just went throught the Iluvian with her and talked to her in the garden, saw the son. She said the father is elsewhere doing stuff, pretty general. I guess that's a mostly partially satisfying answer to my questions. I guess they'll explain where the HoF is some point later..... and why they left wherever they were.

EDIT: Nevermind, talking to her more, finding out bits and pieces. I had hoped Morrigan/HoF's introduction would have been a bit more epic like Hawke's was, but I'm guessing they will still have a part to play in the story.

Edited by OmarBradley
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This game is fun and seems to have be forgotten now. Still haven't beaten it because there's so much to do and I want to finish each area before I move on -- but a lot of the voids are hard to close in certain areas, either that, or my party is completely wrong and i'm severely under geared.

Nevertheless, Bioware did good with this game.

• 1 month later...

Still working on this... got very distracted the past several weeks. Last story mission I did was the Well of Sorrows one, I took over the operation myself. Pretty cool story device. I think there's only 1 or 2 main missions left, so I'm going to finish some side stuff (all shards, kill all dragons, etc.) and then go for the final stretch hopefully sometime this week/next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Loved Origins. Hated 2. Got Inquisition for Christmas but it'll probably be awhile before I get to it.

that is basically my feelings. Inquisition is a good game.

I like II. It was the weakest of the series probably, but I liked it.

I'd rank them: Origins, Awakenings, Inquisition, II. But I liked them all.

Also I haven't loaded up Inquisition in weeks.... no idea why. Got into a Star Wars mode I guess, will finish it after I finish KoToR. I'm right near the end of Inq. too. :lol:

• 2 months later...

Loaded up Inquisition for the first time since January 3rd a few days ago. I think I've pin pointed why I just suddenly lost interest in the game.

Firstly, the combat looks cool, but it's a mash fest and that's getting tiresome. Secondly, the side stuff is starting to all seem like it's just the same thing over and over again, but on the 10 different environments.

The main story is excellent, so I still want to finish the game for that, but I don't think I'll be completing all of the side stuff. I have about 60 hours on the game now, still have a few dragons to kill, many shards to collect, and a several other random things.

• 1 month later...

Finished at 75 hours. I did every side quest except for the Treasure maps, Shards, Bottles, etc., I did kill all 10 dragons.

Some real twists at the end story-wise! Flemeth is Mythal, Solas is a bad guy. Overall this was a really great game, but looking back with a complete view, The Witcher III was better, different, but I'd still say better. I was hoping for the Hero of Ferelden to have some involvement in story, and I didn't quite catch what she said in the epilogue, but did Morrigan imply Hawke may be dead?

I see the potential for a DA: Inquisition II with how the main story ended, but I know there are 3 expansions (currently downloading Trespasser at the moment).

RE: Hawk

I didn't read a wiki or anything, but I'd assume it depends on what choices you take. In my game Hawk gets killed off 3/4 through with the decision I chose to make, you can save him. Not sure though if you're saying you saved him and he died in the epilogue anyway?

I want to get back into this at some point and get the DLCs. I'm not going to going to call them expansions.

I didn't like it in the original game where the story ended properly in the DLC story with the mirror either. Screw EA and the mindset of companies these days.

22 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

RE: Hawk

I didn't read a wiki or anything, but I'd assume it depends on what choices you take. In my game Hawk gets killed off 3/4 through with the decision I chose to make, you can save him. Not sure though if you're saying you saved him and he died in the epilogue anyway?

I want to get back into this at some point and get the DLCs. I'm not going to going to call them expansions.

I didn't like it in the original game where the story ended properly in the DLC story with the mirror either. Screw EA and the mindset of companies these days.

Hm, my Hawke left to go to Weisshaupt about half way through the game, never came back, but in the epilogue Morrigan seemed to say a civil war broke out between Ferelden's Wardens and HQ, and that Hawke got caught in the middle of it.

Yeah after playing the first few hours of Trespasser, it does feel more like a DLC than expansion. I'm guessing you never leave the Winter Palace (except through Eluvians). I had hoped the expansions were new regions. I have to say though, I'm having a blast with Trespasser, I think it's great. $15 per DLC (there's 3 of them as far as I can tell) is steep though, especially if the content is as limited as it is seeming. I paid $20 for the regular game. :lol:

I did do the Origins expansions, that one did feel like it should have been the real ending. Awakenings was great though, so I wouldn't have wanted to miss that.

Trespasser is so fucking good. This may be my favorite DLC/expansion to any game I've played. (haven't done the Witcher expansions yet)

Meh, I never used Iron Bull anyway. Seemed like a dick. I'm gonna go set that dragon free now. 

EDIT: Just finished.... 7 hours for $15, that's criminal. Overall this was a terrific DLC, but not enough content to justify that price. I kept the Inquisition to serve Leliana, did not ally with Qunari (didn't know you could do that until reading other epilogues just now). And Hawke is alive and well.

Also realizing that this was the last DLC, I thought it was the first - guess I'll still do the other two. Pretty big cliffhanger ending, there's gotta be another game right? Solas has to be taken down. 

Edited by OmarBradley

• 1 year later...

So, not sure if anyone's followed Dragon Age 4's development (or lack there of), but there's been a bit of news. Basically, BioWare is 99% focused on Anthem, and though there is indeed a team working on DA, it's a very small team. The main creator/head of the series has left the studio, and he's unsure which direction they'll take the story in. When he was still there, it was going toward the obvious Solas-focused route; which I'm still hoping for. 

My guess is we won't see this game until late 2019 or early 2020 though. 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Casey Hudson (BioWare studio director) Tweeted he and Mark Harrah (Dragon Age producer) are working on something and will be revealing it this month! :wow:

If it turns out to be a fucking mobile game, I am going to burn BioWare to the ground. (not really, but someone should restrain me just in case)

• 2 weeks later...