Terminator Franchise (New film on the way)

RussTCB

For some reason they are hung up with having Arnold in these movies. He's getting old, his film career has been over since 1999. If they are going to reboot it, find someone else.

It shouldn't be called The Terminator if it doesn't has Arnold in it.

Just like it isn't Guns N' Roses without Axl.

For some reason they are hung up with having Arnold in these movies. He's getting old, his film career has been over since 1999. If they are going to reboot it, find someone else.

exactly. i just want to see a movie set during the war that doesn't suck.

Not surprised in the least. I figured the disappointing box office and awful reviews would take their toll on the franchise. Talk about a mess of a franchise. I always liked T3 but as far as trying to make sense of a timeline I think I'll pretend only 1 and 2 exist.

Totally agree, even tho it is weaker than the first movie or the sequel, at least it made sense within the timeline. T4 had too much of that us army vibe and no laser guns and shit that even genisys had. Too bad genisys doesn't make sense at all and it's way messed up.

Not surprised in the least. I figured the disappointing box office and awful reviews would take their toll on the franchise. Talk about a mess of a franchise. I always liked T3 but as far as trying to make sense of a timeline I think I'll pretend only 1 and 2 exist.

Totally agree, even tho it is weaker than the first movie or the sequel, at least it made sense within the timeline. T4 had too much of that us army vibe and no laser guns and shit that even genisys had. Too bad genisys doesn't make sense at all and it's way messed up.

Salvation was an army recruitment film. M4's against fucking metal robots. Riiiiiight.

The thing is the story. Even if arnold is old. if they brought something good to the table storywise, and stop making any charcter that Isn't arnold say "come with me if you want to live", then it would have been fine. Even in star wars: old franchise, great original movies, the first two Prequels were meh, but the last prequel was enjoyable, some might even say good.

The only good thing about Genisys was Arnold. Sure, he's old as fuck, but the man is the terminator.

Which has been the problem of the franchise all along... I saw Genisys last night and found it a mess of a movie with terrible acting and it looked like it was shot for TV. The franchise has been far too accommodating to include the obsolete Arnie model and it feels tacky. I loved how T2 put a spin on that by having him be the good guy, but after that he should have been out of the franchise altogether.

If anyone should return to Terminator, it would have to be James Cameron. Much like Ridley Scott came back to Alien or Wes Craven did another Nightmare movie after a series of shit sequels. These people make the difference.

• Like 1

I love Emilia Clarke but she fucking sucked as Sarah Connor.

While not ugly, Linda Hamilton wasn't some sexpot with big titties- she's very believable as that character...Clarke?

Awful casting choice.

Like Arnold (and Ed Furlong), Hamilton was/is irreplaceable.

While not ugly, Linda Hamilton wasn't some sexpot with big titties- she's very believable as that character...Clarke?

Awful casting choice.

Hamilton's Sarah is iconic but Lena Headly was far from a travesty in the TV show. But Lena Headly is believably tough. Has anyone (related to the project) tried to justify or defend Clarke's performance (or explain how she was cast to begin with)?

Awful casting choice.

Hamilton's Sarah is iconic but Lena Headly was far from a travesty in the TV show. But Lena Headly is believably tough. Has anyone (related to the project) tried to justify or defend Clarke's performance (or explain how she was cast to begin with)?

I thought the SC Chronicles was pretty dire, including Headly...having said that, I didn't watch all of it, only what I could stomach :P

I value your opinion (and others on here who give the series praise)- one day I'll give it another go.

The only good thing about Genisys was Arnold. Sure, he's old as fuck, but the man is the terminator.

Which has been the problem of the franchise all along... I saw Genisys last night and found it a mess of a movie with terrible acting and it looked like it was shot for TV. The franchise has been far too accommodating to include the obsolete Arnie model and it feels tacky. I loved how T2 put a spin on that by having him be the good guy, but after that he should have been out of the franchise altogether.

If anyone should return to Terminator, it would have to be James Cameron. Much like Ridley Scott came back to Alien or Wes Craven did another Nightmare movie after a series of shit sequels. These people make the difference.

exactly. yeah i want to see a 70 year old grandpa terminator who has turned into a parody of himself and has been completely neutered. genisys had some awful casting and none of the characters are believable. lena headey was a believable sarah connor her game of thrones co star wasnt. that has been par for the course since terminator 3 really though.

Edited by bran

Anyone seen that straight to DVD zombie movie Arnold did last year yet?

Yeah, it was alright...had a bit of heart, a Zombie movie my mum would (did) watch.

Arnie was good in it.

Okay, sweet. Sabotage also went straight to DVD (at least here in Canada) and it might have been his best film since True Lies.

I think another big problem if the franchise ever does continue is the lack of consistency beyond the first two. Ever changing plot points, never the same actors twice, Arnold not in Salvation (not counting the CGI one), and so on. Whoever writes a potential fifth one would pretty much have to ignore sequels in an already messy timeline. It doesn't feel like a complete franchise.

Anyone seen that straight to DVD zombie movie Arnold did last year yet?

Yeah, it was alright...had a bit of heart, a Zombie movie my mum would (did) watch.

Arnie was good in it.

Okay, sweet. Sabotage also went straight to DVD (at least here in Canada) and it might have been his best film since True Lies.

Arnold was fucking horrible on Sabotage. He ruined the movie for me.

You know there is such a concept as letting a fucking franchise die. Back to the Future, I admire Zemeckis so much for refusing to allow a reboot or sequel. T and T2, should have wrapped up nicely. Last Crusade, would have been a great ending. Stop! While you are ahead.

Exceptions include: Rocky Balboa, touche, you cancelled out V. Rambo, that movie ruled, he ripped a guy's neck off.

But you can always potentially find a great director, with a good script and talented actors if the universe in the movie still has something left to tell.

I don't think Terminator should end just cause so many have failed to bring freshness to it since T2 was released.

Edited by Rovim

You know there is such a concept as letting a fucking franchise die. Back to the Future, I admire Zemeckis so much for refusing to allow a reboot or sequel. T and T2, should have wrapped up nicely. Last Crusade, would have been a great ending. Stop! While you are ahead.

Exceptions include: Rocky Balboa, touche, you cancelled out V. Rambo, that movie ruled, he ripped a guy's neck off.

But you can always potentially find a great director, with a good script and talented actors if the universe in the movie still has something left to tell.

I don't think Terminator should end just cause so many have failed to bring freshness to it since T2 was released.

But if the story wraps up nearly, why invent new shit that is contradictory? Like...I dunno, midichlorians?

But if the story wraps up nearly, why invent new shit that is contradictory? Like...I dunno, midichlorians?

So is that the example of giving it another try? I don't know. Many franchises were resurrected from the dead to great success, and since T2, there have been a lot of advancements in technology, pacing of movies, and many other elements that can allow the studio to create a modern Terminator with better actors, casting, and maybe even an expansion of the story that will make sense in that universe.

But I get your point. Personally, a shit sequel doesn't tarnish the legacy of the first 2 movies for me. I just don't come back to what's shitty.

Edited by Rovim