31 years ago today LA Guns with Axl play the Troubadour October 5, 1984

recklessroad

They opened for London, a band that Nikki Sixx was once in. Izzy just joined London after he quit The New Hollywood Rose. Axl just joined LA Guns right after The New Hollywood Rose fell apart. There was some tension between the bands that day and Axl ripped up one of their posters on stage. The line up that night for LA Guns were

Axl, Tracii Guns, Rob Gardner, and Ole Beich.

This line up only lasted for a few gigs and then Axl left the band. However 5 months later this lineup adding Izzy and then changed their name to Gun N' Roses.

Set list

Bloodshot Eyes

Shadow Of Your Love

Nice Boys

If You Dont Love Me

Stick To Your Guns

Anything Goes

Heartbreak Hotel

post-37284-0-40624700-1444094868_thumb.j

Edited by RussTCB
  • Like 2

I often wonder who (what band) wrote Anything Goes or SOYL

Pretty sure Anything Goes was the Old Hollywood Rose line-up with Axl, Izzy, and Chris Weber. That's why Weber has writing credits on it.

Shadow of Your Love was written with Huge/ Tobias, so that one probably dates back to 1982, when Back Off Bitch was also apparently written.

I think demos of both Anything Goes and SoYL are on that Roots of GNR demo compilation from Old Hollywood Rose

funny i just read that page just the other day in the book

Axl saying he'd like to thank the band before them, holds up their flyer, rips it and says we'd like to thank them for fucking nothing

i laughed for a good 5 minutes...i fuckin love Axl

• 2 months later...