Ballad of Death

fred_carston

Ballad of Death is an instrumental song not just a solo, a cracking piece of music and its epic title is borrowed from http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/174544

This version is horrible. This is studio? Jesus fucking christ, the dude doesn't know how to play his own songs....

Edited by Strange Broue

I LIKED Ballad of Death and Mi Amor. There are studio versions out there. I'd like to have them. Why the hell not? Doesn't hurt anyone.

If you have em, leak em. Ashba isn't even in the band anymore so who gives a shit.

Why? As you said "Ashba isn't even in the band anymore, so who gives a shit" just change the context a little. I remain firm on the opinion that ALL things DJ related should be forgotten, including his turgid instrumental guitar songs. If you like this, just go and check out Joe Satriani's Surfing with the alien album... That's the blueprint for any good instrumental guitar album, there's a reason it's so successful.

I liked it when I heard it live. Not as good as his Patience solo but could be a great intro to a song.

his Patience solo is legendary, i still hear the hammering to that note in my head. It can go on forever till the end of times, but the show got to end at some point.

I think Dj was given a green light to go for it in Vegas. Whatever solo you play stays in Vegas. The whole vibe of that show is awesome, Axl joking around, Tommy and Dj wrestling, even Ron had to laugh. Fortus did a killer version of Heaven's Door. Dizzy was rocking No Quarter? Axl was on a flying piano, there's no way to top that live. Jet packs for Pitman on reunion tour?

Not as good as his Patience solo

:rofl-lol:

The sad part, he's definitely not joking. That's some quality shitposting right there.

No he can't be serious. He's fooling us all.

He isn't. Read the massive spam shitpost above.

Yeah I read it. All of his posts seem to be a big plan to fool us. He alleges some weird stuff and logs himself out. Then he logs himself in as MrDude and agrees to his previous post and gives an even weirder example to explain why he is correct.

It seems like he's not joking most of the time and that it's really his strange point of view, but there's some obvious cases like this statement about the Patience solo when there's no doubt about his intend to provoke normal users.

Not as good as his Patience solo

:rofl-lol:

The sad part, he's definitely not joking. That's some quality shitposting right there.

No he can't be serious. He's fooling us all.

He isn't. Read the massive spam shitpost above.

Yeah I read it. All of his posts seem to be a big plan to fool us. He alleges some weird stuff and logs himself out. Then he logs himself in as MrDude and agrees to his previous post and gives an even weirder example to explain why he is correct.

It seems like he's not joking most of the time and that it's really his strange point of view, but there's some obvious cases like this statement about the Patience solo when there's no doubt about his intend to provoke normal users.

Trust me, bro. I have been in this forum way before you and way before I had this account so no, he's not joking. He believes what he says. I know it's impossible to believe considering the quality of his spam shitposts but he's definitely serious.

I liked it when I heard it live. Not as good as his Patience solo but could be a great intro to a song.

his Patience solo is legendary, i still hear the hammering to that note in my head. It can go on forever till the end of times, but the show got to end at some point.

I think Dj was given a green light to go for it in Vegas. Whatever solo you play stays in Vegas. The whole vibe of that show is awesome, Axl joking around, Tommy and Dj wrestling, even Ron had to laugh. Fortus did a killer version of Heaven's Door. Dizzy was rocking No Quarter? Axl was on a flying piano, there's no way to top that live. Jet packs for Pitman on reunion tour?

Jet packs are always great. And they can be used in any situation, birthdays, concerts, funerals. Too bad Ashba isn't with us anymore, i can picture the Monster logo all over the jetpack, lots of fireworks and the USA flag.

• 2 years later...
On 10/15/2015 at 7:55 PM, fred_carston said:

Ballad of Death is an instrumental song not just a solo, a cracking piece of music and its epic title is borrowed from http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/174544

(sorry to bring this topic back from the dead, doing this purely for the sake of complete picture in the light of the recent leaks)

the version above is NOT legit, it's fanmade backing track (and the guitar sounds really horrible in this one)

legit studio version and also a legit studio version of Mi Amor DO EXIST though, their excerpts could be heard in the "3 minutes preview" that leaked in December 2013, together with other GNR songs - but as of now, they remain unleaked.

No Thanks! 

1 - We don't need an instrumental on an album. Instrumentals are fillers in albums and make a lot more sense on a live show.

2 - All his work on GNR, including that remix of Better sounds so much like SIXX AM, that he makes me think that if he had continue with GNR, the material would probably be along those lines.

3 - Didn't you grew tired of all the ballads/slow songs on Chinese Democracy ?!? Axl needs to release an album full of rockers now. The whole GNR community is starving for more aggressive songs, which is the real nature of GNR. Don't mind a ballad or two, but it's difficult when you only have like 5 rockers out of 14 songs in an album.