Rumoured Gig in Lisbon for 2016 with original Line Up - LINK to story

http://blitz.sapo.pt/guns-nroses-tem-proposta-para-vir-tocar-a-portugal-em-2016=f98051

This just came out in one of Portugal's best music magazines.

Basically it states that negotiations for a concert in the summer of 2016 took place between promoters and agents from the band.

I had already known this for sometime and last week i was told that one of portugal's top promotors went to london, this was actually confirmed by him and stated that what's on the table is a 1.5 million dollar deal for a 2 hour performance of the original line up ( No mention weather izzy or steven would be there)

But i guess what eddie trunk said about things moving along behind the scenes are true. I heard about this offer over two months ago, now people are flying and cutting deals. So even though nothing is confirmed and no real details are given, it's good to know something is cooking and it's with Slash in it. because the 1,5 million is a deal only for the original line up.

Take it with a grain of salt and wait for better news, but so far, so good! peace.gif

Google Translation

Guns N'Roses have proposed to come to play Portugal in 2016

Meeting Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adler is ever closer.
Rumors of a meeting of formation of Guns N 'Roses that recorded the album Appetite for Destruction pile up and the BLITZ knows the group already has at least a proposal to play in Portugal in the first half of 2106. The international press never tires of further details on the return of the US group, now that the conflict between the lead singer Axl Rose and guitarist Slash seems to be resolved. In this tour, the band of "Paradise City" would play a much based alignment in the album edited in 1987.
What is already certain is that the guitarists who accompanied Axl Rose in the past digressions, DJ Ashba and Bumblefoot, were dismissed, giving wings to the idea that 2016 will be year of a tour with the legendary line-up. The British newspaper The Independent represent that this tour will be able to generate revenues of 77 million euros and quotes coming from international promoters sources that guarantee the existence of this tour.
In Portugal, for now, nothing is confirmed. Sources of the great promoters of festivals contacted by BLITZ show is reserved but assume that there are already proposals for performances in 2016. The news, however, can only be released when it "is in black and white" or "confirmed in writing".
In 2016, Rock in Rio Lisboa takes place in May, on 20, 21, 26, 27 and 28, while the US Alive follows the 7, 8 and 9 July and the Super Bock Super Rock scheduled for a week later its edition of next year from 14 to 16 July. Yet for 2016 pending the return of Vilar de Moors festival.
Edited by alfierose
Added Google translation of the article
  • Like 1

The article says that promoters made a proposal to the band management for a show in Portugal in 2016, no original line-up confirmed. But, as far as they have no guitarrists but Fortus, they're assuming that the other guys MIGHT show up, or, more replacement guys, which is more likely to happen.

So, rumours by a newspaper again, old story.

Edited by Duwz

Well just to clarify,

The offer was made by gn'rs agent in Europe 2 months ago. Promotors are now confirming the deal personally. It doesn't really matter how i know this because it's all hear say, but i can tell you this, this offer is exclusively for the old band, the new band doesn't get paid as much nor has the interest of all the promoters.

The offer is legit because it was present by the same agent that brought the new line up in 2006 and 2010.

But i guess if we continue to wait we will see that this states an early stage of negotiation where things can go both ways, but so far all that i've heard 2 or 3 months ago is not only still valid but continuing to move in a positive direction and more and more people are becoming aware.

So, i'm hopeful, def a lot more now than i was 2 or 3 months ago when i thought this would never happen, regardless of who was presenting the deal

Well just to clarify,

The offer was made by gn'rs agent in Europe 2 months ago. Promotors are now confirming the deal personally. It doesn't really matter how i know this because it's all hear say, but i can tell you this, this offer is exclusively for the old band, the new band doesn't get paid as much nor has the interest of all the promoters.

The offer is legit because it was present by the same agent that brought the new line up in 2006 and 2010.

But i guess if we continue to wait we will see that this states an early stage of negotiation where things can go both ways, but so far all that i've heard 2 or 3 months ago is not only still valid but continuing to move in a positive direction and more and more people are becoming aware.

So, i'm hopeful, def a lot more now than i was 2 or 3 months ago when i thought this would never happen, regardless of who was presenting the deal

It's nice to get information by members, but that's not what the article says anyway.

These brilliant minds say that sources tell them that it will happen at Coachella 2016

I actually heard the exact same thing from the portuguese promotor who wen't to london last week to cut the deal with gn'r's agent. I just want to stress out that the offer came from the band's agent way before slash said they were friends, that's why i didn't believe it at first, but the deal came from the band's side, not the other way around

I'm wondering if the story leaked earlier than we got it, to industry people, that Slash and Axl were talking again, which prompted promoters to move in with offers on the off chance.

It seems as though the more traction the story gets, the more we hear about promoters from around the world putting offers in. It might simply be a case of festivals throwing their hats in the ring just in case a miracle does happen.

The hope I hold is that, no one has categorically shot this down yet from any camp, so maybe they are waiting for a full set of offers to come in, before deciding if its the right move personally and financially.

One thing is for sure, there are bound to me twists, turns, on's and off's to this story. The festival circuit tends to force the hand of a band to make announcements when it comes to touring plans, earlier than they'd like to, so at least that could help push a decision through.

when i heard the story all i knew was that the original members Axl Slash and duff would be involved, it was understood that they had made an arrangement in that direction but no one talked about them being friends. in some cases band members agree to tours without speaking to each other, just agreeing to deliver when onstage despite musical or personal differences i.e. the stones or aerosmith.

Slash was the one who actually clarified their relationship after the deal was on the table for promotors.

Portugal is kinda cool--I mean, they speak Brazilian there.

They speak what there?

that's just a lame joke to get portuguese people upset saying we speak brazilian.

We discovered brazil and taught them portuguese, over the centuries our languages evolved just like british english and north american english. Same language, different ways of speaking and writing it. it's still portuguese and brazil is still our brother country who we love and helped to create and shape in many ways.

• Like 1

When or if. I have to be cynical about all of this reunion hype. Based on experience, following Guns N' Roses news usually consists of a colossal erection swiftly descending into a floppy sausage and years-upon-years of excruciatingly tedious celibacy.

• Like 2

When or if. I have to be cynical about all of this reunion hype. Based on experience, following Guns N' Roses news usually consists of a colossal erection swiftly descending into a floppy sausage and years-upon-years of excruciatingly tedious celibacy.

playing billiards with a rope. From experience, nothing will happen on 2016. We would have at least something solid like a new band member. We don't even have a band. It's like 2003 all over again.

Normally you would say, if there isn't any truth to all that rumors the management would come to public to deny all this.

Unfortunately in GNR land that means nothing.