Rumoured Gig in Lisbon for 2016 with original Line Up - LINK to story

when i heard the story all i knew was that the original members Axl Slash and duff would be involved, it was understood that they had made an arrangement in that direction but no one talked about them being friends. in some cases band members agree to tours without speaking to each other, just agreeing to deliver when onstage despite musical or personal differences i.e. the stones or aerosmith.

Slash was the one who actually clarified their relationship after the deal was on the table for promotors.

Portugal is kinda cool--I mean, they speak Brazilian there.

They speak what there?

that's just a lame joke to get portuguese people upset saying we speak brazilian.

You may find the joke lame, but it was not meant to get portuguese people upset. It was a dig at Team Brazil, really.

Edited by Chuzeville

Forgive my ignorance, but what inside knowledge or sources does ifdworld have that makes them an authority?

Not sure, they may want to clarify this.

I've added the Google translation of the article to the OP to save time for others. Bearing in mind of course translations are not always 100% correct.

Im not any sort of authority. I'm sure there are people here who know a lot more than I do, or did.

I'm a musician and I happen to be friends with promoters, they know I like gnr so from time to time I find some news or things related. Nothing more. If I were to say who my sources are for this news someone might lose their job. So curiosity as legit as it is will just have to wait until they announce the tour.

I'm not an insider.

• Like 1

Reading the translation it sounds more as if GNR (Axl/TB) have in the last year been negotiating dates, then the rumours surface plus 2 guitarists leave and the promoters are left wondering who exactly will show up (a bit like the rest of us). That's my take on it at face value.

Im not any sort of authority. I'm sure there are people here who know a lot more than I do, or did.

I'm a musician and I happen to be friends with promoters, they know I like gnr so from time to time I find some news or things related. Nothing more. If I were to say who my sources are for this news someone might lose their job. So curiosity as legit as it is will just have to wait until they announce the tour.

I'm not an insider.

That's fair enough. Thanks for the clarification.

The offer they got wasn't for the ashba Ron thal line up. I can tell you this much. It stated original line up not replacements. That's why they're negotiating at a much higher value and they have so many people interested.

Edited by Ifdworld
  • Like 1

I honestly believe they would be stupid not to reunite based on the money alone they could change history records again.

I also do not believe that they will reunite until they make one public appearance somewhere together.

by together I don't necessarily mean singing and jamming just simply showing up at a function the whole band together.

due to the extreme success they have been sucess has taken away their privacy they are all deeply embedded in the public eye. based on the fact that they have had all of these years separated and doing their own thing they have gained a very small amount of privacy once they reunite or commit to doing a reunite CD or tour they will never have privacy again.

when i heard the story all i knew was that the original members Axl Slash and duff would be involved, it was understood that they had made an arrangement in that direction but no one talked about them being friends. in some cases band members agree to tours without speaking to each other, just agreeing to deliver when onstage despite musical or personal differences i.e. the stones or aerosmith.

Slash was the one who actually clarified their relationship after the deal was on the table for promotors.

Portugal is kinda cool--I mean, they speak Brazilian there.

They speak what there?

that's just a lame joke to get portuguese people upset saying we speak brazilian.

You may find the joke lame, but it was not meant to get portuguese people upset. It was a dig at Team Brazil, really.

Sorry about that! ahah i guess i took it the wrong way. Continue to take digs at Team Brazil :)

These brilliant minds say that sources tell them that it will happen at Coachella 2016

Why should I trust some hipster cunts who can't even get their facts straight?

I know it's fun to buy into the Axl myths, and he's sure done some weird stuff. But the Ninja Turtles and shotgun stories are long-refuted, it's been a while since he's regularly made audiences wait for hours to show up, and based on all his behavior over the past two decades, there's no way in hell the almighty dollar would be the sole motivation for him to reunite with Slash. "Bullshit reunion tours to make back the money he lost" -- due to the Best Buy presale, nobody really lost much money on Chinese Democracy...except for Best Buy. Axl definitely tours for money, but I think he could get by decently the rest of his life doing what he has been doing. If a reconciliation was reached with Slash it was surely on its own terms and not because either one of them are desperate for a cash grab.

I'm the last person to just defend anything Axl does, but there's so much bullshit in that video, which makes me seriously doubt they have any idea what they're talking about.

Well..wasn't 1 million fee for the nugnr gigs?

Should be at least 2 million for the original.

Highly unlikely.

I saw the band three times and there was between 5-7,000 each time.

A million bucks for a show that drew 5,000 people? At $100 a ticket that promoter would have lost half a million dollars.

http://youtu.be/pJXonPUeFt0

These brilliant minds say that sources tell them that it will happen at Coachella 2016

I know it's fun to buy into the Axl myths, and he's sure done some weird stuff. But the Ninja Turtles and shotgun stories are long-refuted, it's been a while since he's regularly made audiences wait for hours to show up, and based on all his behavior over the past two decades, there's no way in hell the almighty dollar would be the sole motivation for him to reunite with Slash. "Bullshit reunion tours to make back the money he lost" -- due to the Best Buy presale, nobody really lost much money on Chinese Democracy...except for Best Buy. Axl definitely tours for money, but I think he could get by decently the rest of his life doing what he has been doing. If a reconciliation was reached with Slash it was surely on its own terms and not because either one of them are desperate for a cash grab.

I'm the last person to just defend anything Axl does, but there's so much bullshit in that video, which makes me seriously doubt they have any idea what they're talking about.

Haha hey I agree with you. These 3 people suck, so yes you're right, they likely know absolutely nothing! But sometimes it's these idiots that have made friends with the right people and on the off chance that he has a source similar to Trunk's then they might have heard something. A broken clock is right twice a day.

It's driving me nuts that everyone all of a sudden has a source and has heard something.

http://youtu.be/pJXonPUeFt0

Haha hey I agree with you. These 3 people suck, so yes you're right, they likely know absolutely nothing! But sometimes it's these idiots that have made friends with the right people and on the off chance that he has a source similar to Trunk's then they might have heard something. A broken clock is right twice a day.

It's driving me nuts that everyone all of a sudden has a source and has heard something.

I aint gonna believe it til I see Axl Slash or Duff announce it. All this he said she said stuff is for the birds. Im a black n white person grey does not exist in my world

Do Axl realize how big they were back in the days, and they can get bigger than anything if they come back together.
Even if the pressure is getting bigger and bigger each day, DON'T FUCK UP THIS ONE AXL.

I have a weird feeling that the fall is going to be painful

And who is this GNR's "Agent"?

Agents are the guys booking the shows. That`s a normal, they are the link between band managers and promoters. That`s how it works for all or most artists

Yeah I know there are middle men in between, but well this news doesnt seems legit to me.