cryptic tweets from official GNR page

Once again boys and girls, they are calling you, or we, or the people discuss reunions and pore over rumours, sad cunts with no lives. How is that even vaguely cryptic, where's the cryptic bit?

Agree to a degree. But where's the dig at us in no news is good news?

A bunch of people are clamouring and scrambling for some or ANY kind of news....and then they go 'what happened to no news is good news?', what other way can that be interpreted as aside from taking the piss?

Once again boys and girls, they are calling you, or we, or the people discuss reunions and pore over rumours, sad cunts with no lives. How is that even vaguely cryptic, where's the cryptic bit?

Agree to a degree. But where's the dig at us in no news is good news?

A bunch of people are clamouring and scrambling for some or ANY kind of news....and then they go 'what happened to no news is good news?', what other way can that be interpreted as aside from taking the piss?
But this is all just a matter of interpretation (and assumption). Gnr could tweet saying 'the original band is reuniting' and you could say 'check out the sarcasm, those cruel pricks!'.

Until they're on stage playing sweet child each one of us can take what we want from this. It doesn't mean there's more than fuck all to any single person's position. You do have history on your side though!

But this is all just a matter of interpretation (and assumption). Gnr could tweet saying 'the original band is reuniting' and you could say 'check out the sarcasm, those cruel pricks!'.

It's not REALLY a matter of interpretation though, is it? 'The original band is reuniting' is a direct statement, were i to've responded to that with check out the sarcasm then that would've been me interpreting something different to the obvious and apparent, 'what happened to no news is good news' is making light of the fact that there is no news, when so many people are clearly desperate for some news, thats not me applying some sort of unique or left field interpretation, thats the plain and direct and obvious.

It doesn't mean there's more than fuck all to any single person's position. You do have history on your side though!

But i don't have a position or an interpretation and quite frankly you'd have to be quite lacking in wits to interpret any of those tweets as cryptic. I mean, you're welcome to explain to me what other interpretation you feel is likely or makes any sense whatsoever other than the obvious?

Edited by Len B'stard

Must to be true

Thank you Beta by take care of him

We now believe even more

yadadada

noted, lol sad etc

'noted', what a fuckin' nobber, noted where, in the little black book of reasons why not to give fans a decent fuckin' update? 'forum member was mean about band, 12:41pm, July 23rd 2015', what a tosser.

I think you're reaching a little. Out of this tweet's context, what does the phrase 'no news is good news' mean to you? Is it a positive or a negative statement?

When guns tweets it, you understandably interpret it differently. And you yourself just expressed a disbelief that there could be any 'other interpretation'. So what exactly are YOU doing?

We should just leave it there. The fact that you can't get your head around any of this really isn't that interesting. And should you really have brought wits into it?

I think you're reaching a little. Out of this tweet's context, what does the phrase 'no news is good news' mean to you? Is it a positive or a negative statement?

Reaching how, where, with what? It's just the patently obvious, a bunch of people are looking for news, clamouring for news...and the response is 'whatever happened to no news is good news', it's making light of the fact lots of people are looking for news and they have none and they (as in GnR) are the ones from whom some kind of news is expected, how is that reaching in any sense of the word? Reaching means to be going out of your way to understand something in a context that is a degree or some degree removed from the obvious, what I've stated is the obvious.

As far as is it positive or negative, well it's neither, it's taking the piss. Pretty basic stuff.

When guns tweets it, you understandably interpret it differently. And you yourself just expressed a disbelief that there could be any 'other interpretation'. So what exactly are YOU doing?

Stating the patently obvious...but once again, if you can offer a more obvious, more glaring, more clear interpretation over and above that which I've presented then you're welcome to do so.

We should just leave it there. The fact that you can't get your head around any of this really isn't that interesting.

About as interesting as your inability to present a position i should imagine.

And should you really have brought wits into it?

Well yes because it's pretty basic wits, the ability to interpret the glaringly obvious, you either have to be desperately lacking in basic cognitive abilities (which clearly is not the case) or just SERIOUSLY desperate for some news, to where you'll take something like these statement and will them into being cryptic...but the fact is that they're not and the only person that would consider them as such is a Guns n Roses fan dying for some fuckin' news, which is what the comment is banking on.

Look at it this way, your pay packet is late, first week on the job, you speak to the boss today, tommorow, day after, each time he don't say nothing...on the fourth day he goes 'what happened to no news is good news?', how could that be anything other than him taking the piss? Would that comment leave you bewildered as to the intent of the person it came from? It wouldn't really, would it?

Or is it that you think 'no news is good news' means the fact that there is no news could mean that they are building up to some kinda big announcement? See that? THATS reaching. This is your job though, bringing up the contrary position that you feel explains how the comment is cryptic, if indeed you believe that to be the case.

Edited by Len B'stard

I don't post much but like any GnR fan I've been following the reunion rumours with baited breath.

These tweets are infuriating though... I'm inclined to think they are negative (certainly in terms of a reunion).. but if they are why can't they just come out and say "No plans for a reunion with former members".. nip the thing in the bud, be honest and deal with the backlash instead of trying to look intelligent, mysterious and annoying their loyal fanbase by posting this trash.

The only other scenario I can see is that they are being hounded for news by everyone but they are working on making this happen so no news is good news ... and surely with all the rumours people can read between the lines..

Guys, meanwhile on the other thread, on 3rd october 2015...

They should stop asking him questions regarding the reunion, they should ask him to elaborate more on his renewed "friendship" with Axl.

Honestly? They need to stop BOTH of these things before they annoy Slash, or make someone mad and mess things up.

Slash said he and Axl recently connected and doesn't want to talk about a reunion. I say leave it there. After that, no news, is good news.

When they are ready to talk, they will

Related?

RELATED?

you decide, cause i dont have to, and then they'll find, and i won't ask you, at anytime, or long hereafter.

• Like 1

We should just leave it there. The fact that you can't get your head around any of this really isn't that interesting. And should you really have brought wits into it?

Perhaps I'm wrong, but to me the expression "no news is good news" is not a positive statement. If you are expecting bad news but hear nothing then you say that "no news is good news" but the fact is you were expecting bad news to begin with. In this case fans are clamouring for ANY kind of news related to GnR, so no news is not a good thing at all in this case?

They should stop asking him questions regarding the reunion, they should ask him to elaborate more on his renewed "friendship" with Axl.

Honestly? They need to stop BOTH of these things before they annoy Slash, or make someone mad and mess things up.

Slash said he and Axl recently connected and doesn't want to talk about a reunion. I say leave it there. After that, no news, is good news.

Related?

RELATED?

you decide, cause i dont have to, and then they'll find, and i won't ask you, at anytime, or long hereafter.

I was JUST thinking about this post I made after seeing the "no news is good news" tweet.

Axl and the GNR camp did not deny or lash out at what Slash said about him and Axl being cool. No news IS good news. Half of NuGNR has left. Let's just be patient and see what happens

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

They JUST had an opportunity to end reunion speculation and they didn't. They implied the silence from them is a good thing.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, everyone!

CD2 will release as a nice sendoff to NuGNR followed by a classic/Illusion lineup reunion with a new album and tour for AFD's 30th anniversary

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

Related?

RELATED?

I was JUST thinking about this post I made after seeing the "no news is good news" tweet.

Axl and the GNR camp did not deny or lash out at what Slash said about him and Axl being cool. No news IS good news. Half of NuGNR has left. Let's just be patient and see what happens

^^

THIS!

That's how i interpreted these tweets!

Like it's the GN'R camps way of saying "chill the fuck out with the rumors, we're trying to get something together here"

• Like 3

"No news is good news" can be a good thing most of the time. Per usual though, whomever is running GN'Rs social media is completely out of touch with any and all reality. "No news" is far different from "Never, ever, ever, EVER any news". To act as if the fan base has no right to be continually frustrated with the lack of anything at all is absolutely ridicuous.

• Like 4

Perhaps I'm wrong, but to me the expression "no news is good news" is not a positive statement. If you are expecting bad news but hear nothing then you say that "no news is good news" but the fact is you were expecting bad news to begin with. In this case fans are clamouring for ANY kind of news related to GnR, so no news is not a good thing at all in this case?

No you're not wrong. It's a completely fair interpretation. And the ambiguity allows it.

What if over a few months multiple sources claimed that your favourite band was planning to reunite, and not one member denied any of it and instead remained completely silent on the subject for a prolonged period. No news is good news?

As longtime guns fans, your gut of course says bad news. But I think that this tweet, made in the context of recent events, could be fairly interpreted quite differently.