The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Also to clarify my posts, I had sat at the same table and had a nice little chat with a great couple at this year's Lenny Wilkens foundation benefit dinner in Seattle this past August regarding among other things this whole situation. The only thing I'm confirming is that this reunion WAS planned months in advance.

• Like 1

I can't believe I'm actually letting myself be excited over this, since it could just as easily be shot down by Axl tomorrow. I too, would hope that new music would be apart of this supposed deal. But for now, a tour would be fantastic news. Hope Izzy & to some degree Adler are involved.

It will be the original 5 boys....

Like him orHate him, everything Axl does is was and always will be extremely calculated. What we all view as vague references and cryptic responses is actually Axl being extremely straightforward. Strange as it sounds.

So let me get this straight.. Perla wasn't actually the reason this announcement was being held up?

From what I heard no but he will be at next year's foundation dinner as well so I can ask him then for you :-)

It's gonna be an expensive year.

They should call the tour 'the very next lifetime', it'd be great!

Gn'R Reloaded

It will be the original 5 boys....

Let's face it,outside of us nerds,you really only need Slash and Axl (maybe Duff) to bill this as a reunion tour and sell it as such to the general public

I don't see Izzy doing a full tour after even a 25 year break. I still say Axl keeps Ferrer,Pitman and Fortus along for the ride. I hope I'm wrong. Everyone should get to see Izzy and Adler,not just those who are lucky enough to be at shows where they make guest appearances.

Slahs's tour ends NOV 24 so they could be waiting for that to end.

But...he also tweeted he hopes to go back to India next year with Myles Shit Kennedy and Co.

he's supposed to tweet that. Otherwise that gives away the secret, although it's picked up quite a bit of steam now.

And with no denial whatsoever from axl or team Brazil.. How about that. Fernando was a man of his word after all!

Why is anyone surprised? This info leaked during the last Vegas run. :shrugs:

I think it's more about the actual timing of the announcement.. I myself have been very vocal about believing this thing will happen but, wanting to believe it will happen and actually seeing it happen are two different things.

Plus, we'd hypothetically be getting details about the reunion as far as shows being played and who would actually be involved.. We all assume axl slash and duff would be involved but what about izzy? Steven? Matt? Dizzy? Hell even fortus pitman etc. who exactly would be a part of this thing?

That's the intriguement here..we can finally get details

Edited by Billsfan

Of course this is "rumors"..... "I said it could happen"..... No shit. We "could go to mars", I "could" do a lot of things... You are supposed to be an insider. You have no value if they just announce a reunion tour. Eddie, you are supposed to give us insight.. Put your ass on the line and make a prediction... And stand by it. I was told by a good source a few weeks ago this WOULD happen next year. Looks like my guy had good info. But it could still be proven wrong, just so much smoke and no denials.

This all reminds me of when Michael Jackson announced his This Is It shows. It was rumoured for over a year before it was officially announced, and slowly more and more separate sources started to report on it.

There are just too many different people, articles and sources alluding to the GNR reunion for it not to be true.

By the end of the first week of December it will be announced, there is no doubt in my mind.

I agree that where there's smoke, there's often fire in terms of a reunion. But for it to be true, Slash would be outright lying about dedicating 2016 to his next solo album. Would he do that just to mislead the media and fans until and official announcement is made?

if slash were to say something like "yeah I don't have anything planned for next year going on" wouldn't that pretty much give it away? Why would he say anything different? Slash has always been a great PR guy.. It's just the way business goes. You don't announce something you legally can't announce until it's a done deal..

I just got a new boss at work. I knew for weeks before he took the spot. I knew people who knew him because he used to be the boss before leaving 6 months ago. He was asked if he was coming back when I found out he was coming back, and all he would do is respond with a smiley emoticon or a basic "we'll see what happens" statement.. He couldn't say anything and no one could legally say anything until he was under contract and it was a done deal whether me or anyone else liked it or not, but we all knew what was happening.

Case closed..

It's happening. You don't have to have friends in high places or cousins related to nanny's or be an insider.

It's fucking obvious now.

Still no word from the GNR camp with Slash and Axl keeping quiet was enough for me. The constant rumors since and the tweets from GNR twitter about reading between the lines 100% confirms this for me. Once they are ready to announce it then they will. I don't think it will be 2016 however (unless it's late 2016). More like 2017 tour. But we can hope!!

agreed on everything except the 2017 part. I'd say you're tripping there..

If they actually do announce this by the end of the year it won't be for a tour two years away. Summer at the latest

This all reminds me of when Michael Jackson announced his This Is It shows. It was rumoured for over a year before it was officially announced, and slowly more and more separate sources started to report on it.

There are just too many different people, articles and sources alluding to the GNR reunion for it not to be true.

By the end of the first week of December it will be announced, there is no doubt in my mind.

If so, I'm imagining a lot of disappointed kids this Christmas when Santa's budget gets blown at ticketmaster.

Play with yer coal and satsumas kids, GNR are reuniting. :lol:

I'm turning down the opportunity to see Prince on his intimate piano tour (dream come true for Prince fans like myself) because I'm so sure a GNR reunion is imminent in the coming weeks. Prince's tickets go on sale on Friday, but I just know if I book tickets the Guns shows will be announced a week later and I'll be fucked. Don't really want my credit card to take a battering....

You could also sell off the Prince tickets because that's probably going to sell out fast, and have money for the GNR tickets (if it did happen).

If so, I'm imagining a lot of disappointed kids this Christmas when Santa's budget gets blown at ticketmaster.

Play with yer coal and satsumas kids, GNR are reuniting. :lol:

I'm turning down the opportunity to see Prince on his intimate piano tour (dream come true for Prince fans like myself) because I'm so sure a GNR reunion is imminent in the coming weeks. Prince's tickets go on sale on Friday, but I just know if I book tickets the Guns shows will be announced a week later and I'll be fucked. Don't really want my credit card to take a battering....

You could also sell off the Prince tickets because that's probably going to sell out fast, and have money for the GNR tickets (if it did happen).

^ I second that motion

• Like 1