The "Axl/Slash/Duff + 2 Mystery Players Re-banded But Not A Reunion Tour" Thread - Announcement Imminent!

Nothing is true until it is announced. Remember that.

If it *is* true I am honestly so fucking happy for all of those who get to finally see the band who never did.

All we got is press-ish time

It would be the biggest announcement of our time, in rock. Fuck every concert I have been to lately that is all the talk.

Edited by gunsguy

on a side note I haven't heard a thing from anyone reliable.

No one has. The story Ultimate Guitar is lifting this recent story from is riddled with questionable info. I'm holding out for credible sources.

Indeed. If there is any truth to it we will know when the time is right I am sure. All the media is pulling the same story from a questionable source at best

• Like 1

on a side note I haven't heard a thing from anyone reliable.

No one has. The story Ultimate Guitar is lifting this recent story from is riddled with questionable info. I'm holding out for credible sources.

Indeed. If there is any truth to it we will know when the time is right I am sure. All the media is pulling the same story from a questionable source at best

Just a thought but, maybe that's because no one is really denying anything from any side. Idk a rumor this big, if axl really wanted to carry on with new guns, slash was focused solely on the conspirators, duff had his focus set on his own thing etc., why is nothing being denied? Have they had the chance yet to deny anything? Just playing devils advocate... Even axl had admitted sometimes there's some stuff you just have to shut down. Nothing yet either way so...

Believe me I'm really with you on the credibility of the source but at the same time, there's no saying its a bad source and there's no denying of what's true and what isn't. Just saying I think these sources have a legit reason to report this for now..

Edited by Billsfan

There has been nothing from any reliable source but the true sign this is happening regardless of when it the complete and utter refusal from any camp to deny it. Anyone who doesn't think it's happening is simply in denial.

Well Queen is headlining Rock in Rio Lisboa, Presale is suppose to begin on 20 Nov. So well lets wait for a few days or till the end of this month.....

That isn't Queen. It would be like me saying I saw the Doors when they played as "The Doors of the 21st Century" about 15 years ago with Ian Astbury as the singer. I thought RIR was a big deal. The fake Queen are the headliners?

In fairness, they tour under ''Queen + Andrew Lambert'', i.e. the Queen element is merely May/Taylor and Lambert is not replacing Mercury within that unit but is added onto it. It was the same for Paul Rodgers. Still many fans disagree but it is not so disrespectful as the stunt Axl pulled.

Well Queen is headlining Rock in Rio Lisboa, Presale is suppose to begin on 20 Nov. So well lets wait for a few days or till the end of this month.....

That isn't Queen. It would be like me saying I saw the Doors when they played as "The Doors of the 21st Century" about 15 years ago with Ian Astbury as the singer. I thought RIR was a big deal. The fake Queen are the headliners?

In fairness, they tour under ''Queen + Andrew Lambert'', i.e. the Queen element is merely May/Taylor and Lambert is not replacing Mercury within that unit but is added onto it. It was the same for Paul Rodgers. Still many fans disagree but it is not so disrespectful as the stunt Axl pulled.

Yeah and STP did that with Chester too, right?

I just haven't found or seen any reason why Axl would want a reunion. He waited a really long time to even release CD and spent a ton of money.

Maybe he wants to go out on top. I can't see Axl singing his style of vocals at age 70 so he probably knows the clock is ticking. He's probably set for money but maybe this reunion takes care of his loved ones for several generations. Hopefully he goes out with Slash,Duff,Izzy and Steven by his side not with a bunch of guys that nobody (besides a few hardcore fans on here) considers to be Guns N' Roses.

I just haven't found or seen any reason why Axl would want a reunion. He waited a really long time to even release CD and spent a ton of money.

This.

Axl has pushed this whole Chinese Democracy "era" down people's throats long enough that backtracking and reuniting REAL Guns N' Roses does not make any sense. He's still making money with his cover band while managing "Guns N' Roses" in full. I don't see any particular reason for Axl to go back to what he called a "nightmare."

As for management not denying the rumors, it's a "damned if I do, damned if I don't" scenario and knowing how bitchy Team Brazil are, I wouldn't rule out that they won't be denying anything until they get two lead guitarists to replace Bumblefoot and Ashba and put another worldwide tour in motion.

• Like 1

Yeah and STP did that with Chester too, right?

That is what their EP said (although interestingly wikipedia regard Chester as a replacement?).

With Queen, May and Taylor have been quite adamant that ''you can never replace Mercury'' and stress the '+' aspect; there are still a lot of fans who do not like it (I'm not exactly a zealot but I had no interest in seeing it live when it arrived in my locality). It is not as bad as Axl's nugnr or - perhaps worse again - Lynott-less Thin Lizzy, until they came to their senses and renamed themselves 'Black Star Riders'. Thin Lizzy without Phil? What a bunch of wankers!

This.

Axl has pushed this whole Chinese Democracy "era" down people's throats long enough that backtracking and reuniting REAL Guns N' Roses does not make any sense. He's still making money with his cover band while managing "Guns N' Roses" in full. I don't see any particular reason for Axl to go back to what he called a "nightmare."

As for management not denying the rumors, it's a "damned if I do, damned if I don't" scenario and knowing how bitchy Team Brazil are, I wouldn't rule out that they won't be denying anything until they get two lead guitarists to replace Bumblefoot and Ashba and put another worldwide tour in motion.

Yea Axl worked really hard on CD....a decade and a half ago!

This.

Things change.