Reunion, axl relationship

larose

Marc quick question ...

So let's say a reunion happens (btw this has to be a interesting time for you with all this reunion talk, knowing your history with the band) do you think axl would almost have to be open to repairing your friendship, knowing you and slashs continued friendship ..

Edited by larose

That is a good question. He was very upset with me for promoting the old band when he thought Slash was a bad guy. Now he doesn't seem to have a problem with Slash anymore but there is the fact that I did promote my book which has many photos of Slash in it at the time Axl didn't want me doing that so he may see it as I still did something that he didn't want me to do.

Its kind of like getting busted for pot years ago n a state where it is now legal. If someone was put in jail when it was not legal and now that it is legal, do they let them oiut of jail?

The way I see it, a friend is a friend for life but sometimes disagree on something and one stops talking to the other. In the end they still care about each other and maybe one day they will both realize that they miss each other and life is just too short and start talking again. If Axl can mend fences with Slash when he once thought that Slash and him would never be on talking terms again then Im preaty sure the issue he had with me for promoting Slash can't really be a big issue anymore. I think about him all the time and used to worry about what is going on in his life but the truth is I know that he is doing well because I think the fact that he is no longer holding a grudge on Slash, he will be able to move on with his life and get so much more done. I hope someday we will talk again and work out the mess that became of out friendship.

Thanks for the response ...

I don't think we need a middle man here but if there were one I think it would be either be Del or Slash. They both know better then anyone where I was coming from in doing what I did and still do. Also deep inside Axl knows about my passion that I have for the band. So the fact that I have been so involved in promoting it so much should make some sense to Axl. Like I said now that things are better between them has to make a big difference. I think that before, Axl thought that I lost my way and was promoting a bad guy and why would I do that when I knew how Axl felt about that. So I must have sold out and did it for money. I think now he can understand that it was because of the passion that I have for it.

Also it wouldn't just be a hand shake between us and we're good to go. It would take a whole day to get everything out on the table worked out.

Edited by recklessroad
  • Like 1

Wow, if you didn't release it during Chi Dem and waited, the book would have been huge rolling in $$$ if this reunion of sorts is happening!

Marc already waited for such a long time, Marc captured the whole thing cause it was his passion and not cause of money, he put in a lot of effort and time and even money into it, I hope Marc recovers and sells more copies. Thank you Marc once again.

• Like 1

I think I know how these rumors get started, offeres come in and their lawyers start going back and forth with the numbers and details and their co workers see or hear about it and start talking about whats on the table to a friend and then it gets to the tabloids and they run with it. Also you have other musicians that will speculate and people think that they know what their talking about because they might know some of the members of the band.

I think you're right about all the offers, and I also think that seeing the potential of these offers has motivated Axl in a way. Outside of money, the idea that the demand is still there, and that people are willing to do whatever to sign these guys to a gig has to feel good. Regardless of the relationships between the classic lineup, I think the door is open for a reunion right now. The signs are pointing to it already happening, mainly the silence, so hopefully we aren't too far off on an announcement.

I think I know how these rumors get started, offeres come in and their lawyers start going back and forth with the numbers and details and their co workers see or hear about it and start talking about whats on the table to a friend and then it gets to the tabloids and they run with it. Also you have other musicians that will speculate and people think that they know what their talking about because they might know some of the members of the band.

I agree with your point about other musicians making speculations. But I would hope that lawyers of the caliber that would be involved with GNR would be more responsible. In healthcare we have HIPPA laws to protect our patients. There are extreme repurcussions when these rights are violated.

I agree with your point about other musicians making speculations. But I would hope that lawyers of the caliber that would be involved with GNR would be more responsible. In healthcare we have HIPPA laws to protect our patients. There are extreme repurcussions when these rights are violated.

Sometimes the info is worth the risk and reward, but what it can do to a person can be devastating.

You can lose your job and even go to jail for HIPPA violations. I would think there would be similar repercussions where lawyers are involved. Last year people almost got fired at my job just for opening up and looking at a suspected Ebola patients electronic chart.

Edited by Little EMO Annie

I get what Marc is saying in that respect about how the rumors get started. I think what's striking this time is no one is denying anything. I'm not saying its happening cause I really don't think it is, but they've had months for SOMEONE to just deny something is on the table, or that we're any closer than we've ever been. Even if lawyers are just throwing numbers around, why wouldn't Slash just say "you took what I said the wrong way, nothing has changed"? Does that really harm the offers? I guess what I mean is I could see it harming the numbers, but does Slash's silence somehow change things? Like, could someone be telling him to be quiet in order to get even more money? My curiosity is just whether these guy's are being advised a certain way for certain reasons, or they just think silence will make it go away. They've said no in the past, so I don't see why if its bigger than ever now why they're all of a sudden silent. Thats only keeping the wheels turning if literally nothing has changed.

Do you know why that dishnation article said GNR started in a deli? Did they mean Canter's?

Yeah, marc has a secret agenda and he wants to make a profit for this clickbait tabloid article!!!!111!!!!111one!!

His efforts are not appreciated nor condoned!!!!111111one!!!1

Edited by Strange Broue

Do you know why that dishnation article said GNR started in a deli? Did they mean Canter's?

Yeah, marc has a secret agenda and he wants to make a profit for this clickbait tabloid article!!!!111!!!!111one!!

His efforts are not appreciated nor condoned!!!!111111one!!!1

No, I was just seriously curious as to why the person who wrote the article said that GNR started in a deli.