Ultimate Guitar: Reunion with Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard, Frank

With it being heavily rumored that a Guns N' Roses reunion is on the cards, questions have abounded as to who exactly will be performing with the band.

Many outlets have been reporting that a"classic" line-up reunion is in the works, suggesting that the Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adleriteration of the band was the one that we'd be seeing. However, if a new report from Melodic Rock is to be believed, the band's new line-up will feature classic GN'R members Axl, Slash and Duff alongside Frank Ferrer andRichard Fortus from Axl's current Guns N' Roses line-up. Long time keyboardist Dizzy Reed will also remain in the band.

So less a classic line-up reunion, and more of a classic GN'R / new GN'R hybrid. While this is only a rumor at this stage, we can kind of believe it. Izzy Stradlin has always remained the most aloof of the original Guns line-up, and Steven Adler has previously stated that neither Duff or Slash want anything to do with him. Frank Ferrer and Richard Fortus didn't leave GN'R along with Bumblefoot and DJ Ashba last year, and the latter promised big things from the band in 2016 a while ago.

Melodic Rock is also reporting that the band will perform a string of high-profile European festivals next summer, and that Coachella in the US might also be on the cards. A 2017 stadium tour to celebrate the 30th anniversary of "Appetite for Destruction" is reportedly also on the horizon.

In other GN'R news, Mötley Crüe bassist Nikki Sixx is the latest high profile name to confirm that the group are getting back together. Asked on Twitter if he thought the band should do a reunion, he responded: "They are. Everybody knows they're coming back."

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/report_guns_n_roses_reunion_wont_feature_izzy_stradlin_steven_adler_or_matt_sorum_nikki_sixx_confirms_band_are_coming_back.html?no_takeover

---------------------------

That's just fucking stupid.

Seriously IF Ferrer and Fortus are there then they should call themselves Posers N' Roses. I don't care if Duff and Slash are there, yeah I will go and see them live, but without Izzy,Steven, Matt and Gilby its NOT Guns N' Roses.

• Like 2

This is just getting out of hand now.. Someone legit need to confirm or deny something soon but this just screams fan speculation.

Chances are someone wanted something to write about since a reunion is the only thing you can say about gnr in terms of relevancy, so they probably came to this forum, read fans comments, and wrote that. That's what I take of this..

Seriously IF Ferrer and Fortus are there then they should call themselves Posers N' Roses. I don't care if Duff and Slash are there, yeah I will go and see them live, but without Izzy,Steven, Matt and Gilby its NOT Guns N' Roses.

Everytime Axl goes out and do a show is a Guns N Roses show.

• Like 1

Right. Now. I've ignored a lot of reunion threads. But one thing comes to mind. Is it just me, or does common sense dictate that a reunion tour is actually incredibly stupid? Ask yourself how likely this conversation is:

Axl: Wow dude, I've been so fucking pissed at you for years.

Slash: Yeah dude, me too.

Axl: So, I mean. Burying the hatchet is nice. I'm not sure if you can even call it rekindling a friendship yet, but it's nice.

Slash: Totally. It's fragile, but it's a nice start.

Axl: Totally. So, I know your career is going fairly nice and all. But I'm sort of done with this new GnR deal. Let's be honest, DJ is a colossal asshat.

Slash: lol! He is.

Axl: So, you want to put this fragile new relationship on the line right away by putting ourselves back in a stressfull touring enviroment right away?

Slash: Totally! And if that doesn't ruin everything, we can always try to record another album.

Axl: lol! We can have it ready by 2028! Soon is the word!

Slash: lol!

• Like 2

With it being heavily rumored that a Guns N' Roses reunion is on the cards, questions have abounded as to who exactly will be performing with the band.

Many outlets have been reporting that a"classic" line-up reunion is in the works, suggesting that the Axl Rose, Slash, Duff McKagan, Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adleriteration of the band was the one that we'd be seeing. However, if a new report from Melodic Rock is to be believed, the band's new line-up will feature classic GN'R members Axl, Slash and Duff alongside Frank Ferrer andRichard Fortus from Axl's current Guns N' Roses line-up. Long time keyboardist Dizzy Reed will also remain in the band.

So less a classic line-up reunion, and more of a classic GN'R / new GN'R hybrid. While this is only a rumor at this stage, we can kind of believe it. Izzy Stradlin has always remained the most aloof of the original Guns line-up, and Steven Adler has previously stated that neither Duff or Slash want anything to do with him. Frank Ferrer and Richard Fortus didn't leave GN'R along with Bumblefoot and DJ Ashba last year, and the latter promised big things from the band in 2016 a while ago.

Melodic Rock is also reporting that the band will perform a string of high-profile European festivals next summer, and that Coachella in the US might also be on the cards. A 2017 stadium tour to celebrate the 30th anniversary of "Appetite for Destruction" is reportedly also on the horizon.

In other GN'R news, Mötley Crüe bassist Nikki Sixx is the latest high profile name to confirm that the group are getting back together. Asked on Twitter if he thought the band should do a reunion, he responded: "They are. Everybody knows they're coming back."

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/report_guns_n_roses_reunion_wont_feature_izzy_stradlin_steven_adler_or_matt_sorum_nikki_sixx_confirms_band_are_coming_back.html?no_takeover

---------------------------

That's just fucking stupid.

Somebody has been visiting mygnr.

• Like 2

Right. Now. I've ignored a lot of reunion threads. But one thing comes to mind. Is it just me, or does common sense dictate that a reunion tour is actually incredibly stupid? Ask yourself how likely this conversation is:

Axl: So, I mean. Burying the hatchet is nice. I'm not sure if you can even call it rekindling a friendship yet, but it's nice.

Axl: Totally. So, I know your career is going fairly nice and all. But I'm sort of done with this new GnR deal. Let's be honest, DJ is a colossal asshat.

Axl: So, you want to put this fragile new relationship on the line right away by putting ourselves back in a stressfull touring enviroment right away?

Slash: Totally! And if that doesn't ruin everything, we can always try to record another album.

you're so funny
  • Like 1

Thank you for leaking the whatsapp convo between them LOl

It would be cool but I won't go ape shit over it... If there were alt least 4 of the 5 Appetite guys involved I was planning on traveling to shows and seeing as many as I could afford.. Even having

If Axl/Slash/Duff/Richard and Frank.. I will most likely just go to one local show... Just doesn't do it for me. Hell even Gilby in there over Richard would be better... And Frank?? It is painful watching him..

I just messaged a guy at work who is a Guns fan.. This is what he said.

Andrews1, Steven 9:54 AM
Oh yeah?
I wouldn't pay full price for that
Izzy, and Sorum or Adler or Fitz. Then they can have my money. haha
Marshall, Thomas 9:56 AM
Or even Gilby
Andrews1, Steven 9:56 AM
I have a mancrush on Fitz's playing. He's flawless.

The reason Frank Ferrer is likely to still be in the band is because GNR's official website has been touting him as the bands drummer in a competition only a few months back. I doubt they would make reference to him at all if he was no longer in the fold.

And it makes me laugh seeing people act as if Gilby fucking Clarke is in any way more legitimate than any of the past NuGuns members. Second to Ashba, he actually contributed the least to the band out of all the different configurations. People take the piss out of Dizzy Reed, but he contributed far more to GNR than Gilby ever did.

Edited by Towelie

That's the lineup I've been expecting all the time. Maybe a couple of shows with Izzy, Steven or Matt. But Fortus and Frank would be the official members.

This is what I've been saying since that Slash interview basically. In terms of a world tour, it's the most logical line-up.

My problem is with the people that are already bitching about 'no matt or gilby!??!!!', fuck that, if it weren't the original 5 then it doesn't matter who the replacements are, it's the Axl/Duff/Slash show. Fortus is infinitely better than Gilby anyway, and I like Frank and Matt about the same.

• Like 1

The reason Frank Ferrer is likely to still be in the band is because GNR's official website has been touting him as the bands drummer in a competition only a few months back. I doubt they would make reference to him at all if he was no longer in the fold.

And it makes me laugh seeing people act as if Gilby fucking Clarke is in any way more legitimate than any of the past NuGuns members. Second to Ashba, he actually contributed the least to the band out of all the different configurations. People take the piss out of Dizzy Reed, but he contributed far more to GNR than Gilby ever did.

Gilby was part of the ERA when Gn'R were still fucking huge. He was part of one of the most legendary tours of all time... He was in Gn'R videos and DVD's... He played On Spaghetti.. Axl and Slash played on his solo album. He was in Snakepit.... Gilby is far more legitimate to Guns than any NuGnR member in the context of a reunion.

• Like 3

Agreed. Also as stupid as it sounds, yes fortus is awesome but he also looks like Izzy. He's been the most likeable newgnr member. I could see him staying on

I love Fortus, so if this is true, that part I like. Izzy was never going to tour, we knew that, and I would MUCH rather have 4tus than GIlby (nothing against Gilby, I just like Richard better). Frank I could take or leave. I'd rather have Steven, obviously, but if it can't be him, I'm not all that bothered by Frank instead of Matt.

The opening act should be Art of Anarchy. Scott couldn't work with Slash, Bumble couldn't work for Axl, now they're all together. Reality TV!

I love Fortus, so if this is true, that part I like. Izzy was never going to tour, we knew that, and I would MUCH rather have 4tus than GIlby (nothing against Gilby, I just like Richard better). Frank I could take or leave. I'd rather have Steven, obviously, but if it can't be him, I'm not all that bothered by Frank instead of Matt.

The opening act should be Art of Anarchy. Scott couldn't work with Slash, Bumble couldn't work for Axl, now they're all together. Reality TV!

2014 version of Axl's band with Myles Kennedy could be a nice opening act lol

Pitman is still in the band!