Ultimate Guitar: Reunion with Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard, Frank

If this is going to happen, this line up would make sense. This way Axl probably thinks he can save face by sticking to the new line up at least partly in which he invested so many years of his life. I don't think it should be seen as a reunion, then, because was it a reunion when Duff toured with them in South America? No. So why should this qualify as a reunion?

Steven Adler is probably too much a risk, the last thing they want is another drugs situation at one point. And even if he's clean and reliable, there's another reason... he's a fine drummer with a good groove, but let's be honest... he doesn't have the technical skills to pull off some stuff from Use Your Illusion and Chinese Democracy,

Izzy is a different story... I can imagine him not wanting to do a whole tour, maybe a few gigs here and there or joining them on stage for two songs, but that's it. He's been on his own since 1991, never had to take responsibilty for anyone except himself, never had to answer to anyone, always had control. To become part of such a huge machine again and letting go of some of that control might be terrifying and claustrophobic. He's been boss of his own system since he was 29, he's in his 50s now... I can imagine that won't appeal to him or that he won't be able to deal with that. Having that responsibility again. The same thing happened with Velvet Revolver... he was part of that project at the beginning, but when the other guys started taking it more seriously and started looking for a lead singer he bailed out because that was already too much for him. Axl more or less said the same thing about him joining them on tour... Izzy is fine as long as you don't have to rely on him... if he shows up, great... if he doesn't, no big deal... the show can still go on.

I understand the sentiment, I'd love to see the original appetite line up too, especially with Izzy, but I'd still love to see Duff, Axl and Slash on stage together. The live sound was always Slash's signature guitar sound and Axl's vocals. If they should make another album, then it definitely won't be the same without Izzy because creatively he was such a key member in the band, live not so much.

Edited by EvanG

I look forward to the next story: "slash ordered a years worth of contact lenses. Apparently they'll be arriving in April, right before the gnr reunion tour is set to take place!

Only can mean one thing...

• Like 1