Ultimate Guitar: Reunion with Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard, Frank

I just do not want any nugnr wanker near a reunited band. I've never been particularly fond of any of them really. They always struck me as people who would sell their grandma for a groat, brown-nosers, dick-snivelers, sycophantic vegas players.

If you cannot get Izzy, get Gilby, If Adler relapses, draft in Sorum: case closed.

• Like 3

I just do not want any nugnr wanker near a reunited band. I've never been particularly fond of any of them really. They always struck me as people who would sell their grandma for a groat, brown-nosers, dick-snivelers, sycophantic vegas players.

If you cannot get Izzy, get Gilby, If Adler relapses, draft in Sorum: case closed.

THIS.

Other mainstream sources have picked up this rumor.

Seems kindof like a drag that we waiting so long for Axl and Slash to get back together, just for them to cut and run on Sorum, Izzy, and Steven.

Izzy may have said no, Steven obviously is in no position to do a world tour, but I have to imagine Matt ir Gilby would be on board

I love Fortus, so if this is true, that part I like. Izzy was never going to tour, we knew that, and I would MUCH rather have 4tus than GIlby (nothing against Gilby, I just like Richard better). Frank I could take or leave. I'd rather have Steven, obviously, but if it can't be him, I'm not all that bothered by Frank instead of Matt.

The opening act should be Art of Anarchy. Scott couldn't work with Slash, Bumble couldn't work for Axl, now they're all together. Reality TV!

Art of Anarchy couldn't even work together cause Scott was only a studio member of that band who did vocals in separate sessions and then refused to tour or even promote the album

A wanker on a wobbling keyboard would be the last person I would like to see in any type of lineup of Guns N' Roses.

Fortus isn't original but he is better than Clark. Izzy isn't that great, but would be nice if he showed up once for a couple of songs since he is the original. They need pitman for the synth in songs like Novermber Rain and perhaps new songs. It makes no sense to hire 4 - 5 individuals that do not contribute to most songs, when they only can have one who can play on all those songs. Just saying.

Edited by Randy Jesus

A wanker on a wobbling keyboard would be the last person I would like to see in any type of lineup of Guns N' Roses.

Fortus isn't original but he is better than Clark. Izzy isn't that great, but would be nice if he showed up once for a couple of songs since he is the original. They need pitman for the synth in songs like Novermber Rain and perhaps new songs. It makes no sense to hire 4 - 5 individuals that contribute to most songs, when they only can have one who can play on all those songs. Just saying.

I dont want to see Fortus butchering NR solo or RQ solo in front of Slash.

Fortus isn't original but he is better than Clark. Izzy isn't that great, but would be nice if he showed up once for a couple of songs since he is the original. They need pitman for the synth in songs like Novermber Rain and perhaps new songs. It makes no sense to hire 4 - 5 individuals that contribute to most songs, when they only can have one who can play on all those songs. Just saying.

I dont want to see Fortus butchering NR solo or RQ solo in front of Slash.

Dont mistake Fortus for Ashba.

• Like 1

Fortus would be there purely because Izzy doesn't want to commit to a full tour, he'll show up for a couple songs and it'll be cool. And as for Fortus, why the hell not, he's just there to provide the rhythm guitar and he's prefectly capable.

I hope Fortus keeps his word. If I recall correctly he had said he would never be or share the same stage as Slash.

He was on the same album as Slash as he is the lead guitarist of the Dead Daiseys . I think that it is more of him staying out of Axl and Slash's personal thing which he had no business getting into.

I hope Fortus keeps his word. If I recall correctly he had said he would never be or share the same stage as Slash.

this is so stupid, that's not what he said.

He said he wouldn't do that to Axl because he knows how axl feels about slash. If they work things out it's all good.

Fortus admires slash's playing and doesn't know him, so he doesn't have any problem with slash personally.

Edited by Ifdworld
  • Like 4

I love Fortus, so if this is true, that part I like. Izzy was never going to tour, we knew that, and I would MUCH rather have 4tus than GIlby (nothing against Gilby, I just like Richard better). Frank I could take or leave. I'd rather have Steven, obviously, but if it can't be him, I'm not all that bothered by Frank instead of Matt.

The opening act should be Art of Anarchy. Scott couldn't work with Slash, Bumble couldn't work for Axl, now they're all together. Reality TV!

2014 version of Axl's band with Myles Kennedy could be a nice opening act lol
Its such a shame there is already a band called The Replacements....

Doesn't tommy own the rights to the name, The Replacements?

Doesn't tommy own the rights to the name, The Replacements?

Refused to go on stage until Westerberg signed them over, I presume? God, does that guy fit in GNR... :P

Some people's idea of a 'reunion' here is, one or two hand-picked old members combined with a load of nu wankers: chuck them together - a band that has never played before - and call the thing a 'reunion'. And this is all because Johnny Schmuck can not tell his Izzys from his Dizzys or his Gilbys!

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 2

Don't you think that's a bit immature? What plausible reason is there to call any member of NuGNR a wanker? There is only one wanker in NuGuns, and it is the same guy who was a wanker in old Guns.

It never ceases to amaze me how people demonize NuGNR members past and present. Axl's band has had some amazingly talented and unique musicians over the years, and they all played the old songs well. It's not as if any of them were ever given the chance to function like a real collaborative band and the fault lies entirely with Axl for that. If Axl weren't so lazy and was prepared to actually write songs with the guys in his band then NuGNR could've possibly been a credible successor to the old band. But it ain't their fault that their Kingpin was a maniac.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 2

Don't you think that's a bit immature? What plausible reason is their to call any member of NuGNR a wanker? There is only one wanker in NuGuns, and it is the same guy who was a wanker in old Guns.

It never ceases to amaze me how people demonize NuGNR members past and present. Axl's band has had some amazingly talented and unique musicians over the years, and they all played the old songs well. It's not as if any of them were ever given the chance to function like a real collaborative band and the fault lies entirely with Axl for that. If Axl weren't so lazy and was prepared to actually write songs with the guys in his band then NuGNR could've possibly been a credible successor to the old band. But it ain't their fault that the Kingpin is a maniac.

All true but the ones who are still clinging on there, what possible reason can you provide that would make me respect them? They do not produce albums; they do not write their own materials but cover other's. The one's who realised the band is a crock of shit have all bailed; Freese, Bucket, Finck, BF, Brain - all jumped ship. Heck, even Ashba sees Nikki Sixx's solo crap as being more artistic and superior than nugnr haha. Surely it would be much better for Fortus to just pursue the Dead Daisies now.

Everyone left, when all those members have left, now looks exceptionally lame.

This is all getting so damn silly, and the onus is on GNR and TB. News outlets, "music insiders," and rock stars are basically booking the tour and setting lineups. It's started to be reported by legitimate outlets (with skepticism at least) but all it is doing is riling people up. Maybe that's what they want us to do. However if it's not true, and they are choosing not to say anything, they are just dicks that hate their fans.

Some people's idea of a 'reunion' here is, one or two hand-picked old members combined with a load of nu wankers: chuck them together - a band that has never played before - and call the thing a 'reunion'. And this is all because Johnny Schmuck can not tell his Izzys from his Dizzys or his Gilbys!

The reality of a Guns fan at this point is you take what you can get really. Theyve starved the fan base for so long that theyll accept anything. And if Slash and Duff are a part of it then even more so.

Don't you think that's a bit immature? What plausible reason is their to call any member of NuGNR a wanker? There is only one wanker in NuGuns, and it is the same guy who was a wanker in old Guns.

It never ceases to amaze me how people demonize NuGNR members past and present. Axl's band has had some amazingly talented and unique musicians over the years, and they all played the old songs well. It's not as if any of them were ever given the chance to function like a real collaborative band and the fault lies entirely with Axl for that. If Axl weren't so lazy and was prepared to actually write songs with the guys in his band then NuGNR could've possibly been a credible successor to the old band. But it ain't their fault that the Kingpin is a maniac.

All true but the ones who are still clinging on there, what possible reason can you provide that would make me respect them? They do not produce albums; they do not write their own materials but cover other's. The one's who realised the band is a crock of shit have all bailed; Freese, Bucket, Finck, BF, Brain - all jumped ship. Heck, even Ashba sees Nikki Sixx's solo crap as being more artistic and superior than nugnr haha. Surely it would be much better for Fortus to just pursue the Dead Daisies now.

Everyone left, when all those members have left, now looks exceptionally lame.

Well, not everyone is a songwriter. And not everyone in Old Guns was a songwriter either. Perhaps Frank, Dizzy and Richard just enjoy playing their instruments and they're all more than capable.

Original member or not, I have no more respect for Steven Adler, Matt Sorum or Gilby than I do for most of the guys in the new band. Those guys are capable musicians, but you have to admit that in regards to their overall importance to what GNR became, they were very much in the right place at the right time. The only guy who is really needed (beyond Axl, Slash and Duff) to legitimise GNR fully is Izzy, but if he doesn't want in, then it doesn't really matter who else makes up the rest of the band as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Towelie