iThread

Snake-Pit

I also now wonder where do I pay the royalty to use their patents for stuff I can manufacture for their products..

You'd have to contact them to obtain a license agreement that would give you the right to use the patented technology.

He is snakes, he can just use it, no need to pay them bro.

• Like 1

I was a huge PC user from the late 1980s to the late 2000s. Generally my parents bought Dells while I was growing up and later I bought a top of the line Dell laptop in 2006. A year later the thing was a mess; riddled with viruses and malware. I was in a band at the time and we bought a Macbook Pro late in 2007. I had spent nearly two years trying to get my Yamaha keyboard to work with my Dell without any luck. Took me five minutes to get the keyboard to work with the iMac. I ended up buying the Mac off of the band when we disbanded in 2009 and never looked back. I'm totally devoted to Apple and have converted my parents from PC user to Mac users. My father routinely ran into problems with his Dell computers. Since buying a Macbook Air in 2013, he's had zero problems (and far fewer calls to me asking for help).

While I get the argument that you pay more and get less with a Mac computer, for me, I'll take it considering how much more convenience and less frustration I have with Apple's machines. I don't worry about viruses, malware, and accessory compatibility like I use to with my Dells. Plus, I love how all of my mac products work seamlessly with each other without much work on my part. I don't really care about being fashionable (hence why I've held onto my iPhone 4S for four years). Why I buy and love Apple products is because they simply work in a way that PCs never did. Perhaps things have changed with PCs, but considering the aggravation they gave me for nearly two decades, I don't see myself ever going back.

My current roster of Apple products are:

- 27" iMac (late 2012 model)

- 13" Macbook Air (2015)

- iPad Air (2014)

- Apple TV (3rd Gen, might get the newer version)

- iPhone 4S (I bought it the day it came out and trying to stretch its usage until the iPhone 7 comes out next year).

- Apple Airport Extreme with three terabytes

I'll by buying my wife the new iPhone 6S for Christmas (she currently uses a Blackberry)

Apple makes outstanding products no doubt but I refuse to own any as I hate the arrogance and the way they control everything. I did buy Ipod Touch's for my girls as that is a status thing with kids these days and all their friends own Apple so they can chat with them but I will never own an Apple product myself.

I own all Windows or Android based products and love them. I have a Google Nexus 6 phone which is amazing. The screen is big enough where I almost never use the 2 tablets I have at home anymore.......

Definitely for non techie people the apple stuff is more user friendly. But you do have to do updates or stuff doesnt work. And they are on the grind with the new models. They changed the charger plug. Most people dont need a PC. They just need a tablet.

I was a huge PC user from the late 1980s to the late 2000s. Generally my parents bought Dells while I was growing up and later I bought a top of the line Dell laptop in 2006. A year later the thing was a mess; riddled with viruses and malware. I was in a band at the time and we bought a Macbook Pro late in 2007. I had spent nearly two years trying to get my Yamaha keyboard to work with my Dell without any luck. Took me five minutes to get the keyboard to work with the iMac. I ended up buying the Mac off of the band when we disbanded in 2009 and never looked back. I'm totally devoted to Apple and have converted my parents from PC user to Mac users. My father routinely ran into problems with his Dell computers. Since buying a Macbook Air in 2013, he's had zero problems (and far fewer calls to me asking for help).

While I get the argument that you pay more and get less with a Mac computer, for me, I'll take it considering how much more convenience and less frustration I have with Apple's machines. I don't worry about viruses, malware, and accessory compatibility like I use to with my Dells. Plus, I love how all of my mac products work seamlessly with each other without much work on my part. I don't really care about being fashionable (hence why I've held onto my iPhone 4S for four years). Why I buy and love Apple products is because they simply work in a way that PCs never did. Perhaps things have changed with PCs, but considering the aggravation they gave me for nearly two decades, I don't see myself ever going back.

- 13" Macbook Air (2015)

- iPad Air (2014)

- iPhone 4S (I bought it the day it came out and trying to stretch its usage until the iPhone 7 comes out next year).

I'll by buying my wife the new iPhone 6S for Christmas (she currently uses a Blackberry)

If you bog down a PC with viruses and malware, it's your fault. People program viruses for PC because there are like 5 times more of them than Mac. I don't worry about viruses, because I have AVG Free and don't click anything ending in .exe unless I wanted it on my computer. Even if you fuck up a PC with a virus, a couple clicks of the mouse through system restore and you turn back the clock however long you need.

Remember how smug Mac people were about how you could NOT get a virus on a Mac, and then a huge virus popped up on them?

I have an ipod, don't know what generation, 32 gb though and it's not enough so I'm either gonna buy a used classic or get my broken one fixed sometime soon. I had an iphone 4 and kinda hated it, after a little under a year the thing crapped out; wouldn't ring when receiving calls or texts, wouldn't play music right and it would randomly die (didn't matter whether I was in a call or an app).

Never owned any other apple stuff though, I had to use Mac's in high school and I don't like them as much as windows, and they're overpriced as fuck so I've never even considered them. And I've had my samsung phone for about a year and a half and it hasn't had any issues yet, don't plan on ever getting another apple phone.

- 13" Macbook Air (2015)

- iPad Air (2014)

If you bog down a PC with viruses and malware, it's your fault. People program viruses for PC because there are like 5 times more of them than Mac. I don't worry about viruses, because I have AVG Free and don't click anything ending in .exe unless I wanted it on my computer. Even if you fuck up a PC with a virus, a couple clicks of the mouse through system restore and you turn back the clock however long you need.

Remember how smug Mac people were about how you could NOT get a virus on a Mac, and then a huge virus popped up on them?

I had two different anti-virus checkers on my last Dell laptop (one of which was AVG) and still I had to reformat the hard drive twice because of trojan viruses. Yeah, there are viruses for Macs, but I've never had one and I've never worried about them.

As I said, things might be better now for PC users, but when I left the PC world in 2007, hard drives weren't big enough at the time to have huge system restore files. It was just a huge pain in the ass to restore a PC back then. I've never had to restore anything on my Mac; hell, I think I've only had to restart the damn thing once or twice (outside of a system update) once or twice in the two and a half years that I've owned it.

Apple users are smug, no doubt. I love the products, hate some of the people who use them :P

System restore has been around since the beginning of XP. In 2004, when I got my computer for college, it had a 160GB drive, which I then bough an additional 160GB drive for (spent like 60 bucks on it too I think :facepalm:)

Though to be fair, you had a Dell. Don't know if they've gotten better about it but Dell had plenty of problems with their own proprietary bullshit back in the day.

System restore has been around since the beginning of XP. In 2004, when I got my computer for college, it had a 160GB drive, which I then bough an additional 160GB drive for (spent like 60 bucks on it too I think :facepalm:)

Though to be fair, you had a Dell. Don't know if they've gotten better about it but Dell had plenty of problems with their own proprietary bullshit back in the day.

You had an 160GB hard drive in 2004? I bought my first laptop in 2003, It was an IBM one, it had like only 30GB or so, then a guy bought a 60GB laptop and everyone was like OMG 60GB!

Now days even 2TB is less for me lol

It just seemed to me back then that everyone who had a PC was having to restore their systems every few years. I was constantly having to restart my computer every few days. And it was supposedly the top of the line at the time I bought it (2 GB of ram in 2006; 100GB hard drive, fastest processor you could get in a laptop). I spent $2500 on it, which was way lower than it's regular retail value. And still, it chugged and crashed all the time.

This was where I was at when i finally had enough of PCs:

iMac that is 5 years old this month and still going reasonably strong. Macbook that is suffering slightly despite being just 3 years old. iPhone 5 that lives in my car purely as an iPod now.

Just changed to a Motorola X Play as the iPhone 6 was way too expensive to justify and I wanted to cut my outgoings. My friends all being on android helped, plus sharing on google with my girlfriend.

I'm not converted as such, but I certainly don't need to go back to Apple for mobile devices. My computing will probably stay Apple though.

• 2 weeks later...

- 13" Macbook Air (2015)

- iPad Air (2014)

Totally THIS!

I don't even have an antivirus besides Microsoft own Windows Defender/Security essentials and i haven't seen a virus since 2010-11 (and that was my fault at that time too!)

Btw there are viruses now for Mac's though, even for Linux on PC

Besides this, Dell is a mass product company so therefore only their "business" laptops lasts more than 2-3 years....

I seriously laughed people whom buy Mac's because they've got viruses on their PC

This thread is just prove my point that Mac is for people who don't know jackshit about computers in general and can be fooled by a big company who sells their products at an outrageous price

I got a macbook pro just because they look cool in movies.

you also got AIDS so you are not credible

- 13" Macbook Air (2015)

- iPad Air (2014)

Totally THIS!

I don't even have an antivirus besides Microsoft own Windows Defender/Security essentials and i haven't seen a virus since 2010-11 (and that was my fault at that time too!)

Btw there are viruses now for Mac's though, even for Linux on PC

Besides this, Dell is a mass product company so therefore only their "business" laptops lasts more than 2-3 years....

I seriously laughed people whom buy Mac's because they've got viruses on their PC

This thread is just prove my point that Mac is for people who don't know jackshit about computers in general and can be fooled by a big company who sells their products at an outrageous price

I got a macbook pro just because they look cool in movies.

you also got AIDS so you are not credible

Congratulations, you've got the time and inclination to deal with computer headaches. It's not just about issues with viruses. When I left the PC universe Windows was an absolute mess. Perhaps things have improved, but there was a dramatic difference in reliability when I moved from PC to mac. And you're talking to someone who use to build computers back in the early to mid 1990s when you couldn't run to an online forum or youtube and learn. Back then, if you wanted to play games on your PC, you had to modify files like autoexec.bat and config.sys in DOS to free up memory. But you get to a point where you don't have the time nor the inclination to deal with the DYI nature of PCs. I'll gladly pay more for a machine that doesn't give me aggravation. Like I said, maybe PCs have moved in that direction, but after nearly two decades of aggravation, I'm never going back.