It´s so easy video

Dijon

Hey Marc, have a few questions regarding the it´s so easy video.

1) Why was it never released?

2) What can you tell us about the making of the video?

3) Who came up with the idea?

4) What did the band members think of the final product?

5) Who talked Erin Everly into starring in that?

6) Lastly, is there anything you can tell us about the video, or making of the video that would that is not common knowledge?

Thank in advance man!

Edited by Dijon
  • Like 1

The footage was used for the Its So Easy video. It was Axl's idea to do it. This gig was also a warm up gig fro the 4 shows that they were going to be doing a week later with the Stones in Los Angeles. David Bowie was there that night drunk and started some shit. I can only find this cut but I remember there being one on MTV after the live record was out in 1999

Edited by recklessroad

I didn't know about that video. Was ISE released as a single, then?

It doesn't share the commerciality of Paradise City and SCOM. But if that sold really well as a single, it would have strongly affected GN'Rs legacy, and they might be remembered as a punk/hard rock band instead of for SCOM.

Don't know. I wasn't there at the time. *shrugs*

I didn't know about that video. Was ISE released as a single, then?

It doesn't share the commerciality of Paradise City and SCOM. But if that sold really well as a single, it would have strongly affected GN'Rs legacy, and they might be remembered as a punk/hard rock band instead of for SCOM.

Don't know. I wasn't there at the time. *shrugs*

Yeah ISE was released as the band's debut single in the UK with Brownstone as the b-side in May 1987. It didn't chart too well probably cause of the fact that it was heavily censored due to its explicit lyrical content on the album version. Either that or GNr just simply needed to gain more momentum by putting out more singles like Jungle, Scom, and PC before obtaining chart success. Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

Didn't they release the original cut of the video relatively recently? Past couple years or so?

This is the best and it's never released in this form

I strongly think that this was their best video ever in this form and it's never released, because of Erin :facepalm:

Edited by Strange Broue

Y'know, over the years looking at the way they dressed, it's literally all taken from somewhere else isn't it?

Band of trannys.

I just mean like, the top hat and stringey hair is pure Marc Bolan, Izzy dressed as Keith Richards most his life, and Duff with his Sid Vicious padlock and chain and bikers jacket and Axl was just a mish-mash of various things chiefed off the past too. Fuck me he even nicked John Entwhistles fuckin' skeleton outfit...and that thing was ghastly though bless him, i won't heard a word against The Ox.

• Like 1

Y'know, over the years looking at the way they dressed, it's literally all taken from somewhere else isn't it?

Band of trannys.

I just mean like, the top hat and stringey hair is pure Marc Bolan, Izzy dressed as Keith Richards most his life, and Duff with his Sid Vicious padlock and chain and bikers jacket and Axl was just a mish-mash of various things chiefed off the past too. Fuck me he even nicked John Entwhistles fuckin' skeleton outfit...and that thing was ghastly though bless him, i won't heard a word against The Ox.

They were always retro in image and sound. They made it work cause they had the personality and talent imo. At least the Appetite era. Not that there's anything wrong with dolphins.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What annoys me about the original ISE video is all this great footage of the Cathouse gig. It always suggests to me that decent shot footage of this show is out there, somewhere, and hoarded away or something.

Mark - do you have any idea if the whole show was filmed, and is it archived somewhere to the best of your knowledge? Does footage of the whole show exist?

Edited by hudsonsaul