Closer to Axl

Słash

Who is Closer to Axl

Del or Dizzy?

Axl has known both of them since a long time, from what I see or I assume, Axl seems to be much closer to Del.

When Axl formed the new band in 2001, Did Axl give Dizzy more importance than others or he was just treated like the other hired members?

Edited by Slash787

Considering that Del was at Axl's side the night of the Golden Gods ceremony, I would have to say Del. I met Del in Las Vegas a few times. Really great guy. I was very excited to give one of those limited edition leather bound copies of the Language of Fear to Mark Sheppard because I think some of Del's stories would make a great episode of SUPERNATURAL.

• Like 1

Del...that man has his nose pressed so hard against Axls arse that if Axl ever came to a sudden halt he might disappear right up it.

Considering that Del was at Axl's side the night of the Golden Gods ceremony, I would have to say Del. I met Del in Las Vegas a few times. Really great guy. I was very excited to give one of those limited edition leather bound copies of the Language of Fear to Mark Sheppard because I think some of Del's stories would make a great episode of SUPERNATURAL.

I think Dave couldn't get respect as a writer if he enlisted Shakespeares ghost to ghost-write for him.

That was not the impression I got from Del at all. I think Del is an awesome writer. He reminds me of a contemporary Charles Dickens.

:max::facepalm: What?

I think Del is an excellent writer who wrote about the outcasts of society which is what Charles Dickens did in exposing the underbelly of Victorian England. I was a lot more excited to meet Del than Eddie Trunk, and he was a hell of alot nicer to me than Eddie was. I think Del gets a bad rap because he is loyal and he keeps his mouth shut.If you ever listen to interviews with him, he sure doesn't seem like the type of man to kiss anybody's ass.

Edited by Little EMO Annie
  • Like 1

That was not the impression I got from Del at all. I think Del is an awesome writer. He reminds me of a contemporary Charles Dickens.

I think Del is an excellent writer who wrote about the outcasts of society which is what Charles Dickens did in exposing the underbelly of Victorian England. I was a lot more excited to meet Del than Eddie Trunk, and he was a hell of alot nicer to me than Eddie was. I think Del gets a bad rap because he is loyal and he keeps his mouth shut.If you ever listen to interviews with him, he sure doesn't seem like the type of man to kiss anybody's ass.

Del is probably a great guy, no doubt, but to compare him to Dickens is quite a strange thing.

Del is probably a great guy, no doubt, but to compare him to Dickens is quite a strange thing.

Not really. Dickens wrote about the dark side of a very repressed Victorian society. Del did the same thing. People may just think of him as a horror writer, but he is so much more than that. A Tale of 2 Heroines was very profound and very Dickens like. Without You is about a rock star battling his demons and feeling alone and isolated Like Ebeneezer Scrooge.

Not that I want to get ugly, but Del is a talentless leech. IMO. How he spun those crap stories into a lifetime of living off Axl's money, is a master class in bottom-feeding.

The about face he's done in recent months sums him up. When Axl wasn't speaking to Slash, he bashed Slash. Now they've reconciled, he's wishing Slash happy birthday on twitter. I can't respect that, and I feel sorry for Axl that he's surrounded by people like this. A true friend would have at least been more neutral, not feed into Axl's anger for years. Remember that overwrought bitter interview Del helped write? Thankfully, Duff managed to get into that circle and be a calming influence.

Not that I want to get ugly, but Del is a talentless leech. IMO. How he spun those crap stories into a lifetime of living off Axl's money, is a master class in bottom-feeding.

The about face he's done in recent months sums him up. When Axl wasn't speaking to Slash, he bashed Slash. Now they've reconciled, he's wishing Slash happy birthday on twitter. I can't respect that, and I feel sorry for Axl that he's surrounded by people like this. A true friend would have at least been more neutral, not feed into Axl's anger for years. Remember that overwrought bitter interview Del helped write? Thankfully, Duff managed to get into that circle and be a calming influence.

I totally disagree. You are entitled to your opinion. You have no idea what goes on between him and Axl and the other band members for that matter. He was very nice and courteous when I met him, which is a hell of alot more than I can say for Eddie Trunk. And Del would har far more reasons to be leery of random girls approaching him than Eddie.

Well I have his book in paperback - it lies on my shelf and I keep meaning to throw it in the bin - and I found it barely readable. It consists of a mix of schlock horror short stories and drug addict vignettes. The writing is excruciatingly painful. To compare it to the Victorian age's greatest novelist (among other things, e.g. journalism and philanthropy) is an even bigger insult than comparing W. Axl Rose to Ludwig Van Beethoven!

I have one memory of the Language of Fear in which Del James describes a piece of the female anatomy as like 'salami'! That is how puerile it is!

And Dickens,

Along the Paris streets, the death-carts rumble, hollow and harsh. Six tumbrels carry the day’s wine to La Guillotine. All the devouring and insatiate Monsters imagined since imagination could record itself, are fused in one realization, Guillotine. And yet there is not in France, with its rich variety of soil and climate, a blade, a leaf, a root, a sprig, a peppercorn, which will grow to maturity under conditions more certain than those that have produced this horror. Crush humanity out of shape once more, under similar hammers, and it will twist itself into the same tortured forms. Sow the same seed of rapacious license and oppression over again, and it will surely yield the same fruit according to its kind.

Now that, is genius.

• Like 1

Well I have his book in paperback - it lies on my shelf and I keep meaning to throw it in the bin - and I found it barely readable. It consists of a mix of schlock horror short stories and drug addict vignettes. The writing is excruciatingly painful. To compare it to the Victorian age's greatest novelist (among other things, e.g. journalism and philanthropy) is an even bigger insult than comparing W. Axl Rose to Ludwig Van Beethoven!

I have one memory of the Language of Fear in which Del James describes a piece of the female anatomy as like 'salami'! That is how puerile it is!

And Dickens,

Along the Paris streets, the death-carts rumble, hollow and harsh. Six tumbrels carry the day’s wine to La Guillotine. All the devouring and insatiate Monsters imagined since imagination could record itself, are fused in one realization, Guillotine. And yet there is not in France, with its rich variety of soil and climate, a blade, a leaf, a root, a sprig, a peppercorn, which will grow to maturity under conditions more certain than those that have produced this horror. Crush humanity out of shape once more, under similar hammers, and it will twist itself into the same tortured forms. Sow the same seed of rapacious license and oppression over again, and it will surely yield the same fruit according to its kind.

Now that, is genius.

Yes it is, but so Is Del. November Rain is the greatest rock video ever made which was the embodiment of the vision of his original story, WITHOUT YOU. Poetry in motion so to speak.

The only thing worse than the November Rain video is Estranged's video. Them two together with Don't Cry are the reason Nirvana needed to come along and kill off this band. I say that without even liking Nirvana. Everything to hate about Guns N' Roses is embodied in those two videos.

The only thing worse than the November Rain video is Estranged's video. Them two together with Don't Cry are the reason Nirvana needed to come along and kill off this band. I say that without even liking Nirvana. Everything to hate about Guns N' Roses is embodied in those two videos.

Wow. Those videos are what made me fall in love with Axl and GNR. I think we are just going to have to agree to disagree.

And Dickens,

Now that, is genius.

Yes it is, but so Is Del. November Rain is the greatest rock video ever made which was the embodiment of the vision of his original story, WITHOUT YOU. Poetry in motion so to speak.

This can't be a sincere post.

And Dickens,

Now that, is genius.

This can't be a sincere post.

why not?

I totally disagree. You are entitled to your opinion. You have no idea what goes on between him and Axl and the other band members for that matter. He was very nice and courteous when I met him, which is a hell of alot more than I can say for Eddie Trunk. And Del would har far more reasons to be leery of random girls approaching him than Eddie.

I'm sure he was nice to you Annie, a member of the public. I'm talking about his treatment of Slash, which has proven to be dependant on how Axl feels. That says a lot imo.