which songs dose Izzy Stradlin plays lead guitar on Guns N' Roses ablums ?

1 minute ago, Izzymacbeth said:

Nope. His playing is my life's work. I realise I cant convince anyone but I stand by what I think and know is true. 

Well you have devoted your life's work to the wrong guy haha. That flurry of notes at the end of the Spazed is pure Rick Richards,

Izzy does not like soloing that much. There is an interview in Classic Rock where he takes the piss out of Slash for his love of soloing (it is the same infamous interview where he called Axl a nerd who was a virgin during high school).

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well you have devoted your life's work to the wrong guy haha. That flurry of notes at the end of the Spazed is pure Rick Richards,

Izzy does not like soloing that much. There is an interview in Classic Rock where he takes the piss out of Slash for his love of soloing (it is the same infamous interview where he called Axl a nerd who was a virgin during high school).

The main solo is Izzy. There can be and usually are more than one lead on a song. 

Just now, Izzymacbeth said:

The main solo is Izzy. There can be and usually are more than one lead on a song. 

That is the (end of) the only solo (beginning about 1:45)! Unless you mean the lead lines underneath Izzy's vocals during the final verse. Those are Richards also.

19 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Izzy Stradlin – lead vocals, rhythm guitar, bass on "117°" and "Grunt"

Rick Richards – lead guitar, lead vocals on the intro of "Here Before You"

You shouldn't rely on what wikipedia says.

I can't say anything about the other records, but I have an original copy of 117°, and Izzy and Rick are both credited as ''guitar'' for every song. No lead or rhythm is being specified. I'm not getting into another discussion on who played the solos, but don't rely on wikipedia... you're better than that!

2 hours ago, EvanG said:

You shouldn't rely on what wikipedia says.

I can't say anything about the other records, but I have an original copy of 117°, and Izzy and Rick are both credited as ''guitar'' for every song. No lead or rhythm is being specified. I'm not getting into another discussion on who played the solos, but don't rely on wikipedia... you're better than that!

I haven't got my other albums at hand but the On Down the Road booklet specifically states,

Rick Richards, slides and leads
Izzy, guitars

9 hours ago, Sprite said:

The fact some of you guys know who is playing what is impressive as fuck to me and I wish I had the ear for it. All I know about guitars is Eddie ate dynamite good bye Eddie. I'll keep practicing. 

That's where everyone starts. Stick with it man. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I haven't got my other albums at hand but the On Down the Road booklet specifically states,

Rick Richards, slides and leads
Izzy, guitars

Then it still doesn't say that Izzy only played rhythm on that album. But like I said, I can only comment on 117°, and that one doesn't specify who plays lead/rhythm, like wikipedia apparently does, but wikipedia's information is often wrong.

But I'm not saying you're right or wrong. I haven't studied his solo material as much as you guys apparently have, so I'm staying out of this one.

9 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Then it still doesn't say that Izzy only played rhythm on that album. But like I said, I can only comment on 117°, and that one doesn't specify who plays lead/rhythm, like wikipedia apparently does, but wikipedia's information is often wrong.

But I'm not saying you're right or wrong. I haven't studied his solo material as much as you guys apparently have, so I'm staying out of this one.

Ehh, yes it does!

If Richards is being credited for ''leads'' in the album's booklet then we can take it for granted that every lead solo is his, unless the booklet carries exceptions (it doesn't by the way)!

You people! You would argue the day is 'night' or yes means 'no'!

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Ehh, yes it does!

If Richards is being credited for ''leads'' in the album's booklet then we can take it for granted that every lead solo is his, unless the booklet carries exceptions (it doesn't by the way)!

You people! You would argue the day is 'night' or yes means 'no'!

I don't follow that logic at all, maybe if it would specify ''rhythm guitar'' instead of just ''guitar'', then you'd have more of a point. Although even then it wouldn't be impossible that he had played a lead somewhere. I think it's crazy to assume that he played no lead at all on that entire record just because Rick has ''lead'' behind his name and Izzy merely ''guitar''. It's a booklet, for crying out loud.

Edited by EvanG

Just now, EvanG said:

I don't follow that logic at all, maybe if it would specify ''rhythm guitar'' instead of just ''guitar'', then you'd have more of a point. Although even then it wouldn't be impossible that he would play a lead somewhere. I think it's crazy to assume that he played no lead at all on that entire record just because Rick has ''lead'' behind his name and Izzy merely ''guitar''. It's a booklet, for crying out loud.

I can only assume that when a guitarist is credited sole 'lead' guitarist in the official booklet, it is him who plays the lead solos!

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I can only assume that when a guitarist is credited sole 'lead' guitarist in the official booklet, it is him who plays the lead solos!

Completely agree. And I'm sure he plays most lead, I thought he did anyway. I never listened to this specific record, so I can't even throw in my two cents from having listened to the songs.

But I'm saying that just because Izzy has ''guitars'' behind his name in the booklet, it's not that far fetched that he might have still played a lead somewhere on that record.

Just now, EvanG said:

Completely agree. And I'm sure he plays most lead, I thought he did anyway. I never listened to this specific record, so I can't even throw in my two cents from having listened to the songs.

But I'm saying that just because Izzy has ''guitars'' behind his name in the booklet, it's not that far fetched that he might have still played a lead somewhere on that record.

Well he might have played some fills and little single notes in his rhythm but we (the poster who believes these solos were Izzy's) were discussing guitar solos, i.e. the individually played (usually single note) intermediate guitar demonstrations.

I can't comment on that because I never listened to the record.

I listened to the song ''Spazed'' for the first time just now, and that 'shredding' part at around 2:08 doesn't sound like Izzy at all, so I don't know what the other poster was talking about when he mentioned this song.

Although, listened to it again, it could be that from 1:45 till 1:59 it is Izzy playing, because it kinda sounds like him, and then Rick took over at 2:00 because that part sounds like a different guitarist. Maybe that is what the Irish bloke was talking about.