So this "reunion" is just a money grab?

I don't know if charging what the reported price for tickets will be smart.

It depends. On one hand, it's more than most of us would prefer to pay. On the other hand, higher prices might hopefully mean that some real fans get these tickets. Then again, Stones prices don't stop those tickets from ending up on StubHub for three times the price. It's a tough call. I can see why they're doing it and it won't stop a show from selling out, but it does sound steep. I can't talk though - I'll happily pay it. It'll be the ticket buying stress that gets to me.

So I might have to sell a vital organ to afford seeing them. I just hope it works out in the best possible way for the band...sucks for the regular fan though.

No you won't. Top tickets are $250-75. There will be tickets that are far cheaper. Yeah,you'd be sitting up high but you'd still be there.

They made it sound like average tickets would be $250...the stress of scrambling for tickets if they ever came to a city near me is another deal. I always hated that bit.

Read it again. It said tickets will top out at $250-75. GNR are my favorite band but I'm not paying that much for one show even if it were the AFD 5. I saw this in 92,so I'll probably drop $100 for a stadium show in 2016.

Still wanted to hear CD2 (yeah, yeah I'm sad) but it was obvious there was nothing else for Axl to do but fade away completely or do this I guess. Have some reservations but if they played my hometown I'd be there in an instant.

Edited by Faxl Rows
  • Like 1

Still wanted to hear CD2 (yeah, yeah I'm sad) but it was obvious there was nothing else for Axl to do but fade away completely or do this I guess. Have some reservations but if they played my hometown I'd be there in an instant.

Not so sure. Remember that Revolver Magazine interview last year. CDII is done. Remixes are done. They're working on newest stuff as well.

Slash and Axl were negotiated this reunion since 2013.

Hope.

If the reunion was anything other than a cash grab they wouldn't be opening at Coachella. Reunited bands headline Coachella for the millions of dollars they get offered. The Smiths have repeatedly turned down Coachella's offers of millions of dollars to headline the festival. It's good that these guys are friends again seemingly but nothing facotrs into this other than millions and millions of dollars. It's Coachella. Ryan Gosling, Katy Perry and Emma Watson are going to be there. Giant American Express banners, Heineken bars and Samsung charge ports are going to be littering the $900 VIP area where people have a choice of Absolut vodka while they try and spot Jared Leto.

It'll be nice for some people, but pretending it's anything other than three 50 plus year old men doing it for anything other than the moolah that the whitest, most moneyed festival in the world is throwing at them is bananas

If the reunion was anything other than a cash grab they wouldn't be opening at Coachella. Reunited bands headline Coachella for the millions of dollars they get offered. The Smiths have repeatedly turned down Coachella's offers of millions of dollars to headline the festival. It's good that these guys are friends again seemingly but nothing facotrs into this other than millions and millions of dollars. It's Coachella. Ryan Gosling, Katy Perry and Emma Watson are going to be there. Giant American Express banners, Heineken bars and Samsung charge ports are going to be littering the $900 VIP area where people have a choice of Absolut vodka while they try and spot Jared Leto.

It'll be nice for some people, but pretending it's anything other than three 50 plus year old men doing it for anything other than the moolah that the whitest, most moneyed festival in the world is throwing at them is bananas

Don't forget the entire Kardashian crew!!!

I don't care why they are doing it. And I don't care if they are newly best friends or if slash and Axl hate each other.

They are just a rock band. That's it.

I hope they play new music and release a new album. If so, I will go see them live.

'Its against what they 'stood for'', pfft! :lol:

I don't mean like it's an integrity thing, I just don't think they need the dough.

They don't need it but of course this is for the money. Maybe they want to make sure their families are taken care of for the next ten generations. It's a business and has been one for thirty years now. If this lineup was offered "only" 500 grand per show maybe Axl would've hired more Jabronis and continued on. Also,Axl has pride. He probably wants to go out on top in sold out arenas/stadiums and that wasn't happening without Slash.

3 Million a show, and 25+ stadium shows...

Then what? Sail off into retirement?

Axl Needs cash, Slash and Duff most likely don't, they work constantly.

This kind of makes me feel sick.

Its against EVERYTHING the band most of us knew and loved stood for.

There won't be new music, just the Hits.

Hey, where have we seen that before?

Bla Bla Bla Bla

Slash is rejoining Guns N' FUCKING Roses and there are people talking shit!

Bla Bla Bla BlaBla Bla Bla BlaBla Bla Bla BlaBla Bla Bla BlaBla Bla Bla BlaBla Bla Bla BlaBla Bla Bla BlaBla Bla Bla BlaBla Bla Bla BlaBla Bla Bla BlaBla Bla Bla BlaBla Bla Bla BlaBla Bla Bla BlaBla Bla Bla BlaBla Bla Bla BlaBla Bla Bla Bla

Yeah, I'm just a little disappointed that after all these years of Axl pursuing his vision to the point of utter insanity, he's (most likely) closing the book on this band with a cash grab reunion. What I'm hoping for is that maybe some sort of creativity and music comes out of it again, if it's gonna happen at all. Either way it'll still be cool as fuck to actually see these dudes perform on stage together again for the first time since I was in fucking diapers.

Yeah, I'm just a little disappointed that after all these years of Axl pursuing his vision to the point of utter insanity, he's (most likely) closing the book on this band with a cash grab reunion. What I'm hoping for is that maybe some sort of creativity and music comes out of it again, if it's gonna happen at all. Either way it'll still be cool as fuck to actually see these dudes perform on stage together again for the first time since I was in fucking diapers.

Man, even you're (kinda) on board with this, same as GNR_1991 and a lot of the other guys I've always thought were on the level... I think I must be the only one left who would actually rather the band just ended than went down this path.

Feels like trying to canoe up the Niagara Falls.

If Axl is on fire then they deserve a cash grab opportunity; if it's Golden Gods Axl featuring Slash then fuck it right in the face haha.

Making new material would really legitimize the whole enterprise. It's not that hard to write a couple fucking songs, gentlemen! Not with your talent!

Edited by Ant