So this "reunion" is just a money grab?

Yeah, I'm just a little disappointed that after all these years of Axl pursuing his vision to the point of utter insanity, he's (most likely) closing the book on this band with a cash grab reunion. What I'm hoping for is that maybe some sort of creativity and music comes out of it again, if it's gonna happen at all. Either way it'll still be cool as fuck to actually see these dudes perform on stage together again for the first time since I was in fucking diapers.

Man, even you're (kinda) on board with this, same as GNR_1991 and a lot of the other guys I've always thought were on the level... I think I must be the only one left who would actually rather the band just ended than went down this path.

Feels like trying to canoe up the Niagara Falls.

Honestly, it's because I've lost pretty much all interest I've ever had in this band to begin with at this point. At one point, they were the band that helped me discover my love for music. But after all of these years of endless touring with worsening vocals, greatest hits setlists, no new music anywhere in sight...even if it's a cash grab, it's at least a better way to send the band off than for it to just fizzle out after another Vegas residency, at least in my eyes. If the script was flipped and Axl intended to make new music with the band he has/had, or put out the CD leftovers, my tune would be different.

Yeah, it sure sucks to see Axl sell out like this.

That band he had, the one with the trans-sexual Slash impersonator who couldn't play guitar as the lead guitarist...that was really going somewhere, and with #INTEGRITY.

Every night they performed all those tracks that none of them had anything to do with writing or recording...wow, just so much passion and emotion.

You could tell Axl was really into it too.

And my oh my, that shredding on 14 Years really invigorated the song- how dull it would sound now without it.

Maybe I'm delusional here, but I don't think it's solely about the money.

These guys walked away from being on top after fighting so hard to get there. I'm sure that despite the years of comments to the tune of "we were a great band but that's in the past. my focus is on Loaded, VR, Snakepit, etc.", these guys all wish they would have done more to keep the band together. Especially Axl. Every time they hear Welcome to the Jungle when a game is on TV, they've got to be proud of the legacy they left behind and they wonder what would have happened if they never went their separate ways.

This is their chance to give it a second try and remind the world how great they really are/were.

Cash grab? Don't know. Axl and every member has repeatedly said that guns would only get back together for the right reasons. Yes, money is one reason. But the others include, being friends again, wanting to write together again and showing the fans of the band some gratitude especially he ones that missed it the first time around.

Let's wait a minute ute before jumping to conclusions.

This is what everyone has wanted since Slash left and now its still not enough. You people are fucking ridiculous! Just enjoy it for what it is!

• Like 1

Cash grab? Don't know. Axl and every member has repeatedly said that guns would only get back together for the right reasons. Yes, money is one reason. But the others include, being friends again, wanting to write together again and showing the fans of the band some gratitude especially he ones that missed it the first time around.

Let's wait a minute ute before jumping to conclusions.

This is what everyone has wanted since Slash left and now its still not enough. You people are fucking ridiculous! Just enjoy it for what it is!

This.

Rumors are there are two new songs coming. Have a little patience man

And every time Metallica, U2, or the Stones go out on tour it's a 'cash grab.' Lighten up man, it's a BUSINESS after all.

Disagree on U2. They only tour in support of new music. They are also like brothers and spend a lot of time together outside of the studio (we won't see that with reunited GNR). Other bands you mentioned yes though, cash grab.

Edited by jjflyer

Of course it is a cashgrab. But what is worse: It is some aging rockers who reunite despite the animosity between them and the words that have been said that it won't happen, while being applauded by deluded fans who pathetically want to relive their youth and/or experience something that once was but can never happen again. Not only does such a corporate, cynical reunion threaten to tarnish the memories of the band in its prime, it is also probably the end of the band as a creative entitity and signifies that no new music will ever be released. This is the absolute lowest point in the history of GN'R, and the culimination of recent years of steady decline -- and as such I guess it was as expected.

• Like 3

Not only does such a corporate, cynical reunion threaten to tarnish the memories of the band in its prime, it is also probably the end of the band as a creative entitity.

As opposed to what exactly? :lol: This band ceased to be a creative entity back in 2004 at the very latest.

Edited by Dazey

Of course it is a cashgrab. But what is worse: It is some aging rockers who reunite despite the animosity between them and the words that have been said that it won't happen, while being applauded by deluded fans who pathetically want to relive their youth and/or experience something that once was but can never happen again. Not only does such a corporate, cynical reunion threaten to tarnish the memories of the band in its prime, it is also probably the end of the band as a creative entitity and signifies that no new music will ever be released. This is the absolute lowest point in the history of GN'R, and the culimination of recent years of steady decline -- and as such I guess it was as expected.

I kinda get your disillusionment. I'm just holding out that there are intentions beyond touring for this reunion thing. A band without new material is just a karaoke act at the end of the day. Once you've Slash play the SCOM solo several hundred times and you've heard Axl do Jungle year in, year out, the novelty and excitement of seeing them do it together again will only last so long. And then what?

GNR fans deserve new music. If they put out 2 new songs on a GH, do the reunion tour and then hit the studio for a full length album then I'm on board. But if this is just a run of shows to boost their retirement funds then it fucking stinks. How I feel about this all depends on their long-term intentions....

• Like 1

Not only does such a corporate, cynical reunion threaten to tarnish the memories of the band in its prime, it is also probably the end of the band as a creative entitity.

As opposed to what exactly? :lol: This band ceased to be a creative entity back in 2004 at the very latest.

On the looks of it, yeah, but we could always hope Axl would get his ass in gear again and eventually release some of the music he's got hoarded. Now I see no realistic scenario where GN'R will release original music again.

I kinda get your disillusionment. I'm just holding out that there are intentions beyond touring for this reunion thing. A band without new material is just a karaoke act at the end of the day. Once you've Slash play the SCOM solo several hundred times and you've heard Axl do Jungle year in, year out, the novelty and excitement of seeing them do it together again will only last so long. And then what?

GNR fans deserve new music. If they put out 2 new songs on a GH, do the reunion tour and then hit the studio for a full length album then I'm on board. But if this is just a run of shows to boost their retirement funds then it fucking stinks. How I feel about this all depends on their long-term intentions....

I would think any "friendship" between Slash and Axl is fragile at best. I can't see them being able to work on new music at all. And think about it: Axl has expressed strong distaste for Slash, is it really realistic he would overcome this for artistic purposes all the while we know he could continue being an artist with his recent lineups, isn't it MUCH more realistic he overcomes it because of monetary rewards? And does that imply he would bother to also work with someone he dislikes at some close level to write, record and release new music?

I honestly believe that its NOT a cash grab for cash grab sake.

Look at Axl Rose, has he ever done anything to please anyone for money under duress? No He has NOT. This is a man who would refund tickets in a heart beat just because he was pissed off at Security or something/someone else! Say what you want about Axl, but at least he is true to what he wants to do and I believe GNR being back together is what he wanted all along, it was obvious when he was pissed about "Fall To Pieces" and the inability of the new band to do anything noteworthy over such a long time that he just wasn't feeling it and it became a job to him, not saying he didn't have fun with NuGNR but it definitely was rough on him in the writing process of the band and being an underdog always trying to prove himself to the fans, that takes a toll. Both Axl & Slash wanted this forever, but there was a lot of hands and red tape in the way and kept them pulling apart. Look at the way NuGNR was all fired or just dismissed, do you really think Axl gives a fuck about CD2? No, and on top of that you're not going to EVER hear a CD2 because the collective ideas from NuGNR don't exist into any songs because none of them were in the same room long enough to do anything with their ideas together. The closest any of you will hear to CD2 is buying the next Ashba or Bumblefoot record.

Any money they make off of this reunion is a bi-product bonus of them playing together again. Musicians are musicians because they love to play and a non musician will NEVER understand that. Me and my band have played for free just to play, getting paid is just a bonus if you love music and if you're so lucky as to be in a position to make money doing it as a marketable brand then who can blame anyone for doing so? that's their right & they earned it. I'm not saying the money isn't important to them, its just not a deal breaker or deal maker, despite what Slash has leant his image to over the years to suggest otherwise, he plays for the sake of playing and he'd be doing this even if he was a nobody, same with Axl.

I never bought the "sellout" Kurt Cobain Nirvana whiney bullshit, Kurt was a sellout by many standards...(don't tell his fans, they'll die from the shock!). I think its fans who build up their own image of what an artist means to them a lot like how a person reading a book will build up an image of that character in their mind only to be disappointed by who portrays that person in the movie version of that book. I'm sure we've all done things we don't like for money and we probably continue to do them everyday at our jobs. You do what you gotta do to feed your family & friends, its surviving and that's one thing everyone in Guns has always done...Survive. Unless you've got blood on your hands or earned money off of abusing someone else for it then I say anything you do for money is fair game, let them make their God Damn Money! they deserve it for all the memories I've had growing up with their music and all the positives its brought and their kids deserve it, we all wish we could be in their position to provide for our families and leave a legacy for future generations.

At the very least, they refused to allow Guns Music on Glee!.

• Like 1

I don't get all the cash grab talk - it will be fun for everyone. So much love will be felt in the stadium. What's wrong with that?

I don't think anyone has anything against a reunion as such, it is the potential end of any prospect of new music that disappoints people, and also teh attachment some people have to newGN'R.

But if I were to choose between NOTHING happening and Axl, Slash and Duff doing nostalgia tours, then I would surely prefer the latter. It is better than nothing. And it may very well be that what we get is all there is and that anything else was nothing but a pipedream.

I feel bad for you.

You seem to be the only deluded guy here (well, not the only one but one of them).

One album in over 20 years is what you got and now you're complaining about there won't be new music.

That's delusional. Keep lying to yourself about CD 2, 3, 4 or 5 and remix album 6, 7, 8.

I say if you want new music from GNR, in case of a reunion you have the biggest opportunity.

• Like 1

I don't get all the cash grab talk - it will be fun for everyone. So much love will be felt in the stadium. What's wrong with that?

I don't think anyone has anything against a reunion as such, it is the potential end of any prospect of new music that disappoints people, and also teh attachment some people have to newGN'R.

But if I were to choose between NOTHING happening and Axl, Slash and Duff doing nostalgia tours, then I would surely prefer the latter. It is better than nothing. And it may very well be that what we get is all there is and that anything else was nothing but a pipedream.

Yeah, I surely hope this is not the end. But we haven't got that much from newgnr anyway.

Hopefully they make a couple of new songs though.

I'm so excited though that I'll probably go to the US just to see this :)

Axl Needs cash, Slash and Duff most likely don't, they work constantly.

This kind of makes me feel sick.

Axl is the only one that lives in a mansion. Axl is the only one who's net worth is 150 million dollars.

Lol networth.

I don't say Axl has no money, but that sites are just laughable.

• Like 1

I LOVE the fact you're pissed off about this. Your entire post makes you look likea complete fool. The nonsense you spew is so over the top it's embarassing. Even for you. I'm so happy clowns like you are pissed off about this. All you do is expose what fake GnR fans you are. A reunion ends the band as a creative entity? Seriously dude the band as a creative entity died in 1996 and if you think otherwise you need to get off the internet and go get seom fresh air for real.

• Like 4

all reunions are cashgrabs.

Now take my fuckin money, Axl!!

This is the problem with the world... being a sheep paying for shit over and over again

This is definitely a suicidal statement. Someone please keep an eye on this guy.

I'd never suicide without taking a few sheep with me also, i mean what would be the point ?

Perhaps some top hatted sheep...

I think there's an element of unfinished business for Slash and Duff.

If they can rekindle the chemistry they had with Axl and Izzy then that is something worth trying.

I'm hoping they can make a self titled record that can be the last GNR record.

I think there's an element of unfinished business for Slash and Duff.

If they can rekindle the chemistry they had with Axl and Izzy then that is something worth trying.

I'm hoping they can make a self titled record that can be the last GNR record.

I think the fact they didn't create shit together in 20 years will help with inspiration. Just the excitement of working together. I believe there's a chance.