Axl Rose WILL NOT BE A GUEST on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' for Tuesday, January 5th

I hope Kimmel asks him to publicly apologize to Slash and all the fans for nuGuns.

LOL, not a chance. Someone said Axl backed out of doing Stern a few years ago. Stern would never agree to a pre approved list of questions. He could probably get us all the answers we want but I doubt it'll happen.
We aren't Owed anything anyways. Axl and slash wanted different things and patched things up behind the scenes. It's good enough for me. But I would be curious to see if slash made a surprise appearance or even if the entire lineup did and kind of explain exactly how this all came about... Which I imagine would be why they would do this interview in the first place. Just a guess idk..

Of course we aren't owed anything but this tour is not selling a million and a half tickets (my rough estimate based on 25 stadium shows) without heavy promotion. At some point, these questions will come up if/when they do media that isn't soft like Kimmel.I'm sure there are others besides Howard Stern who would want to get to the bottom of things.

I hope Kimmel asks him to publicly apologize to Slash and all the fans for nuGuns.

LOL, not a chance. Someone said Axl backed out of doing Stern a few years ago. Stern would never agree to a pre approved list of questions. He could probably get us all the answers we want but I doubt it'll happen.

I know, it's just a dream. I highly doubt Axl would appear on Stern, but hopefully Slash does again soon. He's a lot more honest with his answers anyway.

Not expecting anything much from Kimmel, other than an announcement and a bunch of fluff. Maybe Axl will bring the burger truck again, except this time Slash will be working the grill.

We aren't Owed anything anyways. Axl and slash wanted different things and patched things up behind the scenes. It's good enough for me. But I would be curious to see if slash made a surprise appearance or even if the entire lineup did and kind of explain exactly how this all came about... Which I imagine would be why they would do this interview in the first place. Just a guess idk..
Of course we aren't owed anything but this tour is not selling a million and a half tickets (my rough estimate based on 25 stadium shows) without heavy promotion. At some point, these questions will come up if/when they do media that isn't soft like Kimmel.I'm sure there are others besides Howard Stern who would want to get to the bottom of things.

Are we still on the whole "Axl doesn't owe us anything" brigade. Well, I did always feel like he owed me a fucking reunion.....and guess what?!

I agree rancid, the #1 question everyone is going to ask is what changed. Will anyone have the balls to bring back the more famous quotes - not in this lifetime - he's a cancer - he's in my ass? Man, I hope so.

Not sure why anyone thinks a performance on Kimmel would have any negative effect on Coachella.

Coachella is going to sell out without or without GNR.

A great performance on Kimmel and a great performance at Coachella would only help the tour itself with ticket sales.

• Like 1

Are we still on the whole "Axl doesn't owe us anything" brigade. Well, I did always feel like he owed me a fucking reunion.....and guess what?!

I agree rancid, the #1 question everyone is going to ask is what changed. Will anyone have the balls to bring back the more famous quotes - not in this lifetime - he's a cancer - he's in my ass? Man, I hope so.

Axls always up for a good joke! Lol wouldn't surprise me knowing kimmel that he could play the tmz clip and expect axl to answer. I would assume axl knows that those are questions he's going to have to answer to whether he wants to or not. If I had to guess I think he has a PR strategy he thinks will work. And hey, look on the bright side, if it doesn't it just means duff will be taking all questions from now on lol

Here is my idea of what happens on Kimmel. Axl comes out and he and Jimmy exchange pleasantries. They begin to talk about this and that when Jimmy says. "I heard you recently lost a couple of guitarists?" To which Axl replies in the affirmative. Jimmy says, " I know a couple of guys who could fill in." The music starts and two random dudes walk out, completely confusing everyone. Then Axl says "Nah, I was thinking more like these guys". Slash and Duff walk out, playing the intro to WTJ, everyone goes nuts.

Now, I've wasted my lunch break thinking about that.

They'll probably just end up talking about Halloween trees and burgers again.

Edited by uncivil war

I wonder if Jimmy will hark back to the last interview and the things he said then vs whatever he says now? I've not watched it in a while but I'm sure there was something about being in a happy place and not wanting to revisit the past. I suspect it will be an easy going promotional interview but he'll have to bring up the 'what's changed in the last 18 months' question somehow.

It's going to be interesting how that's handled PR wise from Axl's side, I'm wondering if he'll keep it classy regarding Ron and Ashba leaving.

"He's in my ass, that's where DJ is!"

"Truth is, they didn't want to be here at this level and that's his business. But not at my expense, or yours."

No axls the last person I want to hear from. He will crush our hopes and dreams to keep his ego high. Imagine if he said 'sure me and slash are on good terms but we talked about a reunion and don't think it will work, slash and the rest have made names from themselves with other bands and they want to continue with that and I want to Continue with gnr and will be joined by 2 new guitar players. This starts a new era for gnr'.

People will cry if this reunion talk was all bull shit. Looking forward to Axl's statement hopefully it's good news

Years ago when Kimmel first started the late night host gig he used to have celebrity guest hosts. Slash was a guest host for a week. Kimmel pranked him by telling him that his show always liked to bring people together and there is a special someone that we want to bring you back together with. Music starts for the guest to come out and Slash is very figity and uncomfortable looking and out walks cousin Sal in a kilt and wig and bandana on. Slash breaks out in laughter and leans over and says to Kimmel you scared the shit out of me....you can't hear it but that's what it looks like from reading lips. I always thought that was one of the best Kimmel moments ever.

Axl won't go into great detail. They're going to keep this thing shrouded in mystery for as long as they can. Think about it like this: Aerosmith should be a stadium band, but they're always available. Always. You want to see Aerosmith live? Wait a month. They'll probably be in town. That's why they play amphitheaters and the occasional arena and nobody really cares. ACDC and The Rolling Stones, however, play stadiums and make $400 million a tour and it's a major event in every city they're in. Why? Because you only get to see them two or three times a decade. That's what they're going for.

I wouldn't be surprised if Izzy and Sorum were back. Can't see Steven participating in a full tour, but Coachella? Maybe. They want to frame this as a triumphant return. Steven could hurt them by bitching to the press, but he's been real quiet for a while. That means Slash has told him to keep his mouth shut.

We'll find out soon.

Edited by Kickingthehabit