Axl Rose WILL NOT BE A GUEST on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' for Tuesday, January 5th

I think he and TB tentatively agreed for him to make an appearance - this leaked - whoever updates the Jimmy Kimmel website got excited and posted it - Axl got pissed off and pulled the plug because he's not going to be forced to do anything he hasn't formally agreed to. I was reading back through some of the Axl chats on this forum, his discussion about the promotion of CD was interesting in that it seems the marketing and promotion plan was tweaked too much for his liking so he went on strike. Similar situation could have happened here, the tiniest little detail regarding the reunion announcement could be different from what he envisioned and he's bottled the promotion of it tonight accordingly.

That being said, the man is the enigma, it stands to reason given the studio's location to his home, he could drop by and do something, if he thinks the buzz around their confirmed Coachella appearance is worth it. ABC/Jimmy Kimmel would drop everything they've got planned to accommodate such a drop by, that's for sure.

Edited by prettytiedup88

The only thing making me think Axl MAY still show up and this is all some big trick is how his name only showed up on the shows schedule for a brief time. It seemed strange from the get go.

Of course, this could also mean it wasn't "confirmed" until quite late, and Axl did indeed pull out at the last minute.

We'll just have to wait and see, I guess...

well if anyone needed any confirmation that things are business as usual with Axl this pretty much confirms it...

The Axl apologists are already trying to blame others for the no show.......I doubt Kimmel would announce Axl's appearance unless he thought he had a firm commitment.....if they do the rumoured stadium tour how long before Axl starts his being late antics and pisses off Slash?

let the insanity begin...........

• Like 2

IF Axl is not going, then Slash and Duff can go.

Not if Axl's not going cause Kimmel pissed him with something, though...

Pissed him with what? So now go around and blame Kimmel?

Jesus, relax. Who's blaming Kimmel? But it's not unlikely something in the negotiations went sour between Kimmel and Axl's management. He didn't agree to questions or whatever...

well if anyone needed any confirmation that things are business as usual with Axl this pretty much confirms it...

The Axl apologists are already trying to blame others for the no show.......I doubt Kimmel would announce Axl's appearance unless he thought he had a firm commitment.....if they do the rumoured stadium tour how long before Axl starts his being late antics and pisses off Slash?

About time you dropped the "Axl apologists" rubbish isn't it?

Jesus, relax. Who's blaming Kimmel? But it's not unlikely something in the negotiations went sour between Kimmel and Axl's management. He didn't agree to questions or whatever...

Who knows? Maybe Axl is being a dumbass like usual? He has given no explanations regarding for late shows or canceling without telling.

About time you dropped the "Axl apologists" rubbish isn't it?

when people start looking to blame others for Axl not showing what would you call it? it is not like we haven't seen this all before with Axl....

Who knows? Maybe Axl is being a dumbass like usual? He has given no explanations regarding for late shows or canceling without telling.

Axl has his reasons, whatever they are and whether they make any sense to whoever else in the world apart from Axl is a different story. I see the only way you try to understand the world is through deciding who's dumbass and who's not. I don't care. I'm trying to guess or understand what's the motivation behind certain actions not morally judge them or whoever is behind them. I'm not interested in judging who's a better or worse human being - Axl or Kimmel.

In this particular case all I wanted to say is that if for any reson, justified or not, Axl got pissed at Kimmel or his people and this is the reason he's not going, then surely Slash and Duff won't be there either because they wouldn't want to stand in Axl's way just to take Kimmel's side. They probably don't give a flying fuck about Kimmel and they surely do about the upcoming tour.

Maybe they cancelled this because of the - mostly - bad articles regarding axls recent picture we got last week. All of them questioned if he would be ready in april for the bis reunion show. If i would be axl i wouldn't go there either - just go back to the spotlight if people see that you are ready for the tour...

The fact is Axl is completely unreliable and cannot work well with anybody, that's the bottom line. Even when he removed all his perceived obstacles such as all his band mates, his management team, any media at all, he had still failed miserably to deliver anything. The way he failed to promote chinese democracy was downright shameful. If this reunion is going to take place, he must promote it. His image is so tarnished that he needs to go out there and be the face of this. His attendance in the US had not been good. I was there when half the crowd walked out on him at Rock on the Range. He cannot just book 25 stadiums, be the same old unreliable Axl and expect people to show up. As usual, it's up to him to get people to want to be there. There is a ton of attention on this already, take advantage of it and support it before people stop caring.

• Like 3

He also looks like hell in the most recent picture. I'm hoping my more recent posts will light a fire under him to start caring again and get in flipping shape, so he can breathe and actually sing again. This fat torso with skinny arms and a triple chin look isn't working well for him.

Axl is not attending Kimmel because he got nervous. Sounds childish but he's not ready to field questions about Slash, the closer it got to airtime the more Axl psyched himself out.

When you think about it, it would be nerve wrecking.

Most likely this. Instead of him appearing live in person to speak watch for his long worded letter in the coming weeks explaining why he's doing the reunion.