Axl Rose WILL NOT BE A GUEST on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' for Tuesday, January 5th

I wonder if Jimmy will hark back to the last interview and the things he said then vs whatever he says now? I've not watched it in a while but I'm sure there was something about being in a happy place and not wanting to revisit the past. I suspect it will be an easy going promotional interview but he'll have to bring up the 'what's changed in the last 18 months' question somehow.

It's going to be interesting how that's handled PR wise from Axl's side, I'm wondering if he'll keep it classy regarding Ron and Ashba leaving.

yeah i don't see Kimmel putting the heat on Axl like that and bringing up all the stuff hes said in the past. after all Axl is breaking some big news on his show.

like you said they'd probably ask a question about what changed his mind but it'll be more subtle

not "hey, remember when you said slash was a cancer and you'd never do a reunion in this lifetime? what happened?" :lol:

gnr will tour europe. this article (bild is germanys biggest newspaper) says that gnr will give their first germany concert in june 2016 at hockenheimring (formula 1 circuit).

http://www.bild.de/unterhaltung/musik/guns-n-roses/comeback-auf-dem-hockenheimring-43979138.bild.html

Bild isn't a newspaper, it's a pulpy magazine. It's not worth to call that newspaper.

They announce a lot of speculations and possibilities as facts. Print fake quotations, they fuel hate with racist agitation.

They print rumors and say that are facts. If something really happens to be true they say "as Bild reported". If not they ignore it.

Don't use this as a source.

gnr will tour europe. this article (bild is germanys biggest newspaper) says that gnr will give their first germany concert in june 2016 at hockenheimring (formula 1 circuit).

http://www.bild.de/unterhaltung/musik/guns-n-roses/comeback-auf-dem-hockenheimring-43979138.bild.html

Bild isn't a newspaper, it's a pulpy magazine. It's not worth to call that newspaper.

They announce a lot of speculations and possibilities as facts. Print fake quotations, they fuel hate with racist agitation.

They print rumors and say that are facts. If something really happens to be true they say "as Bild reported". If not they ignore it.

like a lot of other media in germany as well. ard, zdf, rtl, etc. ain't better. germany is a pseudo-democracy (just criticize merkel and her immigrant policy and you know your stigmata). criticizing bild is ok, but you can't deny that their sources are very good. beside that...gunsnrosesonline.de confirmed the hockenheimring rumor....

If Axl comes out, appears humble and takes ownership of his part in the split of the old lineup, he will have a a completely sympathetic world in his hands. To many people, this is much more than music. I think everyone can relate to falling out with people in their lives and hoping to one day make it right. This will provide a lot of people with hope in that sense... and at the same time, bringing back the greatest rock n' roll band of all time. Rock fans around the planet are going to celebrate this feel-good story. It's finally starting to hit me. Oh, fuck!

Guns N' Roses!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Yesterdaze
  • Like 2

I guess all questions will be given to Kimmel before, like how the other interview happened.

You can guarantee there won't be one question Axl isn't prepared for. People are afraid of him, at least the ones interviewing him. Eddie Trunk, god's gift to music, has said questions had to be pre-approved and nothing about the old band was allowed to be asked, at least not directly or at least not about Slash. This will be as stiff an interview as the last Kimmel one. The question is will it be as unwatchably boring. You have to assume not, since the topic is reunion, but I thought Kimmel or Axl's That Metal Show interview would at least be mildly amusing and I begin to say how bad they were. Some of it because of Axl and some because these people are afraid of him and can't have a real discussion.

They honestly might as well pretape whatever Axl does, cause it'll be that stiff and rehearsed when it happens live. The only thing that could make it lively is Slash. He's surprisingly good on talk shows.

I guess all questions will be given to Kimmel before, like how the other interview happened.

You can guarantee there won't be one question Axl isn't prepared for. People are afraid of him, at least the ones interviewing him. Eddie Trunk, god's gift to music, has said questions had to be pre-approved and nothing about the old band was allowed to be asked, at least not directly or at least not about Slash. This will be as stiff an interview as the last Kimmel one. The question is will it be as unwatchably boring. You have to assume not, since the topic is reunion, but I thought Kimmel or Axl's That Metal Show interview would at least be mildly amusing and I begin to say how bad they were. Some of it because of Axl and some because these people are afraid of him and can't have a real discussion.

They honestly might as well pretape whatever Axl does, cause it'll be that stiff and rehearsed when it happens live. The only thing that could make it lively is Slash. He's surprisingly good on talk shows.

Axl was pretty incredible in the 2006 radio interview with Trunk. Told all kinds of great stories about the old days. Trunk stayed away from pushing him on reunion type stuff at that time, probably because of the fact Axl was getting ready to do a tour and supposed album release (took two more years LMAO).

I don't see why asking about what he said in the past would be touchy? He is a living person and has a right to change his mind and form new opinions... Unless you all think that they still hate each others guts? That is the only reason I can think of that would make it bad.

I personally would love to know how all this came about. How he ended up reconnecting with Slash etc.

I definitely could see why management would be telling interviewers certain subjects would be off limits. Axl seems to have a tendency to say what he thinks and those things don't always come across well to the general people.

Edited by sanity_lost

Axl was pretty incredible in the 2006 radio interview with Trunk. Told all kinds of great stories about the old days. Trunk stayed away from pushing him on reunion type stuff at that time, probably because of the fact Axl was getting ready to do a tour and supposed album release (took two more years LMAO).

Yup, the ONE time Axl showed up to something unannounced it was great. Thats a great radio interview. All the other times they've been planned and scheduled I feel I almost know less about him its so uninformative. I feel like I lose information watching that hour long That Metal Show interview.

• Like 1

criticizing bild is ok, but you can't deny that their sources are very good.

Ah c'mon. They're just putting one and one together. They're not trustworthy at all.

It comes down to what Axl is doing. The interview can reflect on old questions if the current band isn't active. It's disrespectful in Axl's eyes to ask about former members when there are current ones.

Team Brazil screen the questions bc they are the ones afraid of upsetting Axl. They want to see him happy.

How funny would it be if Kimmel shows him the pic of him last week in the red sweater with that lady? I guess it would be funny if he's in really good shape.

• Like 1

From when is that pic?

I bet it was 2014 during the last SA tour.

Posted this week and she claimed it was from this year. I am hoping it's from much earlier in the year. We'll find out soon enough when he appears on the Kimmel show.

He should grow a beard like he had in 92. It would hide the extra chins.

criticizing bild is ok, but you can't deny that their sources are very good.

Ah c'mon. They're just putting one and one together. They're not trustworthy at all.

I agree they're really not the best source. If billboard and rolling stone say they're hitting the stars first I'll take their word over bild

I'm betting Axl's excuse for the feud will be something like "we were lied to by managers n' lawyers trying to sabotage Guns for their own gain...etc." in Axl ramble-talk where he says a lot without really saying anything :shrugs:

As for the new song(s), it hadn't even occurred to me they might release it before the first leg of the tour, that's way too logical for GNR :lol: I hope they are releasing new songs at some point though, even if they're tacked on to a 'best of' package...

• Like 1