GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

It's Official: Reunited GUNS N' ROSES To Play This Year's COACHELLA

The much-speculated reunion of GUNS N' ROSES — featuring singer Axl Rose, guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan — has been officially confirmed for this year's Coachella Music And Arts Festival. The festival will take place over two weekends, April 15-17 and April 22-24, at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/its-official-reunited-guns-n-roses-to-play-this-years-coachella/

Could it be that there was a bit of a last minute snag in contract negotiations between the guys and that they haven't pinned down exactly who will be there, hence the Kimmel cancellation, where a more thorough reveal would have been expected?

Someone who deals with this type of activity, let a brother know...Is it possible for the Coachella folks to contract the brand Guns n' Roses to appear without having to know exactly who will be there, or does every member have to be explicitly spelled out before they can proceed with the show?

No.

I mean I'm not involved in any way.

But no, Coachella, and anyone announcing GNR for their festival, knows that it means reunion. GNR has played tons of festivals and not once has it had this much coverage. Thats cause this is reunion and those weren't. Coachella wouldn't have had GNR if it didn't mean Slash.

• Like 2

Could it be that there was a bit of a last minute snag in contract negotiations between the guys and that they haven't pinned down exactly who will be there, hence the Kimmel cancellation, where a more thorough reveal would have been expected?

Someone who deals with this type of activity, let a brother know...Is it possible for the Coachella folks to contract the brand Guns n' Roses to appear without having to know exactly who will be there, or does every member have to be explicitly spelled out before they can proceed with the show?

I would say they can sign the act without knowing who the individuals will be. I know in 2010 Anthrax was signed for many European festivals during a period where they didn't have a singer. Joey Belladonna eventually stepped back in before all those dates happened. And I know you can say "Well yeah, but maybe he was already contracted to rejoin the band when the contracts were drawn up but they hadn't announced it publicly yet", but I know, with 100% certainty that when they signed up for all those festivals they did not have a singer lined up.

• Like 1

I don't think Coachella would risk signing gnr and ending up with nunununugnr

You're absolutely right, I guess what I meant to say was "beyond the big three principal members."

That I don't know. Maybe, although I'd guess they know who's in, those 3 or original 5. They just care about Slash and Axl, but I'm sure they know the whole lineup.

Look at the utter shit that Guns N' Roses are going to be playing with at the festival (except for ice cube). Music has gone down the drain..thank god or whoever for gnr.

Have you heard every artist on there? Some of them are actually quite good. Courtney Barnett, BADBADNOTGOOD, Gary Clark Jr., Run The Jewels, etc. Not even close to being "utter shit" at all. Not even when compared to GNR.

Glad they finally confirmed it. Now we know GNR will be touring to some extent with at the very least axl, slash and duff.

On the disappointing side, still no official confirmation or statement as to who is in the band.

I will gurandamntee you though that we will know the lineup soon. Now that this is out we'll have to get clarification as to what the band will be soon. Personally I'm hoping for clarification tomorrow

I think the band is having fun trolling us this time around. Admittedly, it's the most fun the band has been in a long, long time. On the other hand, we might need to use some reverse psychology to get the line-up out of them. Let's pretend we don't care!

• Like 1

There are maybe 5 acts I'd want to see on that entire bill. To me it's not worth thousands of dollars with tickets and travel,etc. I'm not familiar with Coachella but if an act like Springsteen or McCartney play,do they do their full three hour show? Or will GNR play a shortened set.

Look at the utter shit that Guns N' Roses are going to be playing with at the festival (except for ice cube). Music has gone down the drain..thank god or whoever for gnr.

Have you heard every artist on there? Some of them are actually quite good. Courtney Barnett, BADBADNOTGOOD, Gary Clark Jr., Run The Jewels, etc. Not even close to being "utter shit" at all. Not even when compared to GNR.

Shh, Miser only knows GNR from that list

The average 35-45 year old GNR fan could give a fuck about those bands. The lineup is geared towards young folk.

There are maybe 5 acts I'd want to see on that entire bill. To me it's not worth thousands of dollars with tickets and travel,etc. I'm not familiar with Coachella but if an act like Springsteen or McCartney play,do they do their full three hour show? Or will GNR play a shortened set.

around 2 hours maximum

I would say they can sign the act without knowing who the individuals will be. I know in 2010 Anthrax was signed for many European festivals during a period where they didn't have a singer. Joey Belladonna eventually stepped back in before all those dates happened. And I know you can say "Well yeah, but maybe he was already contracted to rejoin the band when the contracts were drawn up but they hadn't announced it publicly yet", but I know, with 100% certainty that when they signed up for all those festivals they did not have a singer lined up.

That's a really good example..you're on point...god..remember how insane that entire fiasco was? I'm glad they got Joey back, but, I hated how they treated John throughout that entire period...And then, the Dan Nelson thing? yikes...

Anyway, soryy folks, proceed..

Edited by oneway23

Glad they finally confirmed it. Now we know GNR will be touring to some extent with at the very least axl, slash and duff.

On the disappointing side, still no official confirmation or statement as to who is in the band.

I will gurandamntee you though that we will know the lineup soon. Now that this is out we'll have to get clarification as to what the band will be soon. Personally I'm hoping for clarification tomorrow

Not necessarily. In 2006 we didn't have the slightest inkling of who would be in the band. The fact that they made of a point of not saying who was in the band drove reunion rumors through the roof. The first time we got any word on the lineup was when Axl was on Eddie Trunk and he simply said "The lineup will be similar to 2002" - that was a week before the first Hammerstein show.

They don't generally get headlines that do a 3 hour show.