GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

Im surprised how tempered the reaction is here. I know we've sort of known it...but Slash and Axl back together? Thats huge.

I know...I have to say, I've certainly been having my fun here these last couple of days, and, my expectations are pretty low, but, it is f'n surreal to see Slash sharing word of a GN'R gig on Facebook...

Feeling pretty wistful right now thinking about the Appetite cassette tape I wore out in '87...

People's comments about Axl are putting a hefty dent in my unexpected wave of nostalgia, though....Sense I'll snap out of this rather quickly...

Edited by oneway23
  • Like 1

This is great but I feel for Adler. This has to be tearing him apart. He wanted this more than anyone for the longest time. I hope he's alright and that he'll be included somehow.

Adler should be included, but he has to change his attitude and learn all the uyi and chinese democracy songs if he wants to prove to the others and himself that he's the best choice. In an interview last year, he sort of dismissed the illusions records and said that only appetite mattered in a reunion.

Look at the utter shit that Guns N' Roses are going to be playing with at the festival (except for ice cube). Music has gone down the drain..thank god or whoever for gnr.

Have you heard every artist on there? Some of them are actually quite good. Courtney Barnett, BADBADNOTGOOD, Gary Clark Jr., Run The Jewels, etc. Not even close to being "utter shit" at all. Not even when compared to GNR.

The average 35-45 year old GNR fan could give a fuck about those bands. The lineup is geared towards young folk.

That's fine. That's not what I questioned. They're not utter shit bands/artists just because Guns is the only artist people want to see. But that's internet hyperbole for you.

This is great but I feel for Adler. This has to be tearing him apart. He wanted this more than anyone for the longest time. I hope he's alright and that he'll be included somehow.

Hear, hear...It's all the poor guy has ever really wanted. I do hope they've found a way, even within the confines of the wretched music business, to make this as fair and as inclusive for as many as is possible.

Edited by oneway23
  • Like 1

Honestly I don't see why Coachella shouldn't be a full reunion; Izzy's played almost full sets with the band in recent years, and it'd make everyone a lot more excited than seeing Slash play alongside Fortus (no offense to him)

Since it's just two dates in the same location, it's not like there would be a tour to worry about

Hear, hear...It's really all the poor guy has ever really wanted. I eally do hope they've found a way, even within the confines of the wretched music business, to make this as fair and as inclusive for as many as is possible.

I don't feel that way about Izzy because I'd like to believe he was given the chance to participate (at least over Kushner) but yeah,Steven seems like the biggest GNR fan of all. To see him play in front of a stadium full of fans,well he'd probably have a permanent smile on his face.