GUNS N' ROSES TO PLAY COACHELLA APRIL 2016 - CONFIRMED!

9 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Uh, I can totally see it being an AC/DC situation here then. :-(

Yeah, I don't know. AC/DC seems like the kind of band to always say no in case they want to release it in the future to sell. Guns may actually want fans to get a chance to see it since it's a reunion.

Or... they could not and leave the mystery more intact so people buy tickets to shows. I don't know. I personally think if they play well, it's the best promo for the tour.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ak1nney said:

Yeah, I don't know. AC/DC seems like the kind of band to always say no in case they want to release it in the future to sell. Guns may actually want fans to get a chance to see it since it's a reunion.

Or... they could not and leave the mystery more intact so people buy tickets to shows. I don't know. I personally think if they play well, it's the best promo for the tour.

The problem is Axl sadly. Let's be honest - he has a pretty poor track record for live streams. It's not a risk they should necessarily take this early into the reunion business. Of course, if Axl is well rehearsed and killing it 2010 style at those initial Vegas shows then that's another story.

On 2/19/2016 at 8:50 PM, Kickingthehabit said:

They're rumored to be getting $14 million for these gigs. Even if you cut that in half, it's a staggering amount. Gotta figure (hope) the Coachella people want the stream for that kind of money.

Does the festival stand to make any money off of streaming? I honestly have no clue how that stuff works. 

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 11:02 PM, Ak1nney said:

Or they could not stream it, but record it and see how it goes. Then think about releasing? Nonetheless I'm sure they'll be plenty of phones.

13 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Does the festival stand to make any money off of streaming? I honestly have no clue how that stuff works. 

Probably some small amount from youtube and ads there but I guess that promotion and marketing are more important than money.

Edited by Nicklord

• 2 weeks later...

What and where is the Coachella subreddit ?

I personally think any criticism of Axl is warranted. Almost everything he has done over the last 20 years in regards to Guns N' Roses has been a complete joke. Never mind blowing away the Coachella fans, he needs to come out and blow away the Guns n' Roses fans! I think a lot of us are hopeful he will. But I haven't seen any evidence that makes me confident he will. :/

We will know soon enough I suppose.

• Like 1

On February 16, 2016 at 9:09 PM, James Bond said:

I recall it being announced within a week or two before Coachella happened but maybe it was earlier. I haven't heard of doing one weekend streamed and not the another. As far as I know, it is 100% up to the artist to be streamed or not as part of the broadcast so I imagine it's either a yes to both weekends or a no to both weekends.

I don't remember it being announced at all. I remember on the eve of Coachella we were still thinking it might happen in the AC/DC thread, but it never happened.

On 30/01/2016 at 3:39 PM, Nosaj Thing said:

:lol:

That guy. Poor soul.

He said he was going to quit supporting Axl if,

Bumblefoot left

DJ Ashba left

Axl reunited with Slash

Those three things have happened, but he's still supportive of Axl. What a clown. His word is shit. :lol:

Who's Volcano?

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

I don't remember it being announced at all. I remember on the eve of Coachella we were still thinking it might happen in the AC/DC thread, but it never happened.

I think someone over at ACDCfans.net had got wind of it sooner, but all the same I could be remembering incorrectly. At least we got a damn good bootleg of it!

I emailed Coachella to ask them when tickets are being shipped. They kind of acted like real assholes and directed me back to their page. So damn vague. They got mad when I suggested they are running behind because per the website they said they would be shipping between late February and mid March. Well it is mid March and I have yet to receive an email stating tickets are coming. Dude told me, "date range was accurate and we are just at the end of the range."  So if I don't have tickets by April 3rd I am supposed to call. Why the hell are they waiting till the last minute?

33 minutes ago, smoking guns said:

I emailed Coachella to ask them when tickets are being shipped. They kind of acted like real assholes and directed me back to their page. So damn vague. They got mad when I suggested they are running behind because per the website they said they would be shipping between late February and mid March. Well it is mid March and I have yet to receive an email stating tickets are coming. Dude told me, "date range was accurate and we are just at the end of the range."  So if I don't have tickets by April 3rd I am supposed to call. Why the hell are they waiting till the last minute?

My email confirm came in! So they should be shipping soon.