Guns N’ Roses Coachella Lineup Press Release

If this press release came from Coachella, it isn't quite as bad as Axl claiming to be the only Founding Member, and Slash and Duff just former members. But Coachella should have said Founding Members Axl. Slash, and Duff will reunite.

Except they're not founding members

Edited by kanudo19
  • Like 1

well - axl and the gnr camp have certainly allowed this to be over the top hyped out to the point where die hard fans such as myself feel like they just pounded a hot supermodel and then realized she was a total bich

why does axl like to be such an asshole just the way its presented in the PR and the gay little flirtatious hinting etc

do something and actually write sometihing with these guys and perform other than just going for the clear cash grab of which this ENTIRELY seems to be

former members bull shit - this is NU GNR... AGAIN

as someone that still doesn't want to miss this cause i think it'll fall on its face - i'd best be going to Coachella

It's worded fine. They are former members who have regrouped (reunited, reformed, whatever).

Nothing wrong with how it's worded.

Agreed. I think it's just trying to stress the fact that Slash and Duff, who were former members until now, are back. It's not the best wording ever by any means but I think it's easy to read too much into it. All it's saying is that former members Slash and Duff are rejoining the band. It's not wrong.

If this press release came from Coachella, it isn't quite as bad as Axl claiming to be the only Founding Member, and Slash and Duff just former members. But Coachella should have said Founding Members Axl. Slash, and Duff will reunite.

Yes and No. The band, as we all know, started sans Slash and Duff. But legally, they were regarded as founding members when Guns N Roses signed a record deal, etc. That's why Axl needed Slash and Duff to sign over their rights, so Axl could carry the Guns N Roses name without them.

It's worded fine. They are former members who have regrouped (reunited, reformed, whatever).

Agreed. I think it's just trying to stress the fact that Slash and Duff, who were former members until now, are back. It's not the best wording ever by any means but I think it's easy to read too much into it. All it's saying is that former members Slash and Duff are rejoining the band. It's not wrong.

out of respect they should say founding members have rejoined at the very least

u can bet your ass axl approved the wording

• Like 1

out of respect they should say founding members have rejoined at the very least

u can bet your ass axl approved the wording

its semantics, Axl having the last word - unsurprisingly. I can imagine him agreeing to a regrouping would be much simpler than 'going back on his word' about a reunion. Even though it doesn't really matter.

One things for sure, that's a terribly written press release, regardless of 'regrouping'.

"critically acclaimed release of 2008s RIAA platinum-certified Chinese Democracy"

I read TONS of reviews when CD came out, and not once did I read a negative one. Yes some were mixed, and none called it a masterpiece. But the vast majority, that I read, called it good or very good. 3.5/5 or 4/5.

"Guns N’ Roses announce the most significant and anxiously awaited musical event of this century."

Adele just released an album that sold over 7 million copies in North America after only a month of release. That is insane in the music industry's dead market for album sales. I'd say THAT was the most anxiously awaited music event of the century so far. She destroyed the previous opening weekend record by a huge margin even though that previous record was set before the industry collapsed due to all the free downloads.

To all the folks who are concerned about the wording, count your blessings the bolded word below was not added to the statement: :D

Founder Axl Rose and former members Slash and Duff McKagan will temporarily regroup to headline the Coachella Music & Arts Festival (April 15-17 & April 22-24)

Now THAT would be a downer..Fortunatelly, the press release leaves doors open to many possibilities. But you know what? Even if Coachella is their only show, I'd be happy to see them at least once again! ;)

Edited by Kenan

I've said it once and I'll say it again, I'm exceptionally happy as a fan as I honestly never thought this would happen, ever.

However, If I'm honest even happier for Axl and Slash to have just reconciled as two friends. They formed a band together and went through some major highs and major lows and despite all the negativity that has gone one over the last few years, you can't ever forget those experiences, so just knowing they're (hopefully) friends again makes me happy (yes, I'm sappy and stupid). I remember when I saw Cribs a little while back and saw that Slash kept the Dino rocker because Axl had given it to him, it was clear he missed at least some part of that relationship, I guess Axl did too. Oh and I think it's quite big of both of them to have reconciled, it takes a lot to do that and that really can't be overestimated.

Edited by fuzzbubble
  • Like 3

lol

lol

I can't wait to see AXL and SLASH together also.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, I'm exceptionally happy as a fan as I honestly never thought this would happen, ever.

However, If I'm honest even happier for Axl and Slash to have just reconciled as two friends. They formed a band together and went through some major highs and major lows and despite all the negativity that has gone one over the last few years, you can't ever forget those experiences, so just knowing they're (hopefully) friends again makes me happy (yes, I'm sappy and stupid). I remember when I saw Cribs a little while back and saw that Slash kept the Dino rocker because Axl had given it to him, it was clear he missed at least some part of that relationship, I guess Axl did too. Oh and I think it's quite big of both of them to have reconciled, it takes a lot to do that and that really can't be overestimated.

You're not the only one. I'm happy about that too.