Guns N’ Roses Coachella Lineup Press Release

The wording in this press release is a disaster and I'm afraid I don't share your optimism that Slash doesn't care. It was this attitude that got him out of the band in the first place. I'm sure it doesn't bring on good memories. And after Slash has been so cautious in the last months, keeping completely quiet and reacting the way he reacted to his brother's facebook posts, it is especially ununderstandable...

It shows that TB's resentment towards Slash hasn't changed in the least and all they care about is putting him in his place. This release could easily be simply neutral but they made it insulting. Great way to begin. If Axl keeps accepting this kind of behavior instead of reacitng to it, the whole thing, I'm afraid, will fall on its face sooner than it's begun...

That press release is awful, Axl is such an egomaniac. Edited by Roky

The wording in this press release is a disaster and I'm afraid I don't share your optimism that Slash doesn't care. It was this attitude that got him out of the band in the first place. I'm sure it doesn't bring on good memories. And after Slash has been so cautious in the last months, keeping completely quiet and reacting the way he reacted to his brother's facebook posts, it is especially ununderstandable...

It shows that TB's resentment towards Slash hasn't changed in the least and all they care about is putting him in his place. This release could easily be simply neutral but they made it insulting. Great way to begin. If Axl keeps accepting this kind of behavior instead of reacitng to it, the whole thing, I'm afraid, will fall on its face sooner than it's begun...

Or it shows Axl is still insecure, and he still needs to explain or say something about Slash's and Duff's return. Could it be he changed his mind about Kimmel cause he feels he's not ready, or maybe it's not the best way to go about it in his opinion?

I think Slash knows the way Axl operates. Duff too. Maybe it's not how they would do this, but if they wanted freedom from horseshit, they wouldn't risk it in the first place imo. There is much for them to gain here. Axl as well. The wheels turns slowly, and Axl is Axl, but at least it's happening.

The presentation is lacking like always, but I don't think that's a big enough of a reason for Slash and Duff to say fuck this shit. Instead all you see is the Guns N' Roses logo on their twitter pages. They're on board, and that's the most important thing right now imo.

Edited by Rovim

I don't understand why people are upset, what the hell is wrong with the wording ??

Founder Axl Rose and former members Slash and Duff McKagan will regroup to headline the Coachella Music

Axl Rose is a FOUNDING member while Slash and Duff aren't. Axl Rose never left the band while Slash and Duff did.

They're now regrouping/reforming/reuniting to play at Coachella.

It's not like it says Slash and Duff have joined Axl's band!

If the wording was "Founding members Slash and Duff reunite with Axl Rose" everyone would be pissed off about how they aren't founding members... It was always Axl's band since before they joined him in the first place.

Edited by kanudo19
  • Like 1

Compare that press release to the overly-enthusiastic press release when DJ joined and you'll see the difference immediately.

Slash and Duff : former members who regrouped with founding member Axl Rose

Dj Ashba : a gifted, enregetic guitarist that GnR is proud to have on board, who brings a fresh approach to their particular brand of mayhem

. . .

EDIT : to be fair though, the press release calls the lineup "iconic".

Edited by The Glow Inc.
  • Like 1

Just signed in after well over a year of disinterest in the band.

Just have to this press release screams narcissism. Axl's no-show on Jimmy Kimmel is also not a good start. These were just some of the reasons Izzy, Duff and Slash jumped ship two decades ago. I hope these are just anomalies and that Axl will really surprise us and bring his A game but let's face it, the guy has been disappointing fans since 1994, no one does it better than W. Axl Rose....

This press release can obviously be interpreted negatively, but I will TRY to give tb and Axl the benefit of the doubt. But he's still canceled an upcoming tv appearance (a day before the show), and still looks pretty out of shape given the ONE recent photo of him. So a brief reminder: 16 years for one album, constant late starts, a canceled tour, going underground for years at a time. Yeah...

I don't understand why people are upset, what the hell is wrong with the wording ??

Founder Axl Rose and former members Slash and Duff McKagan will regroup to headline the Coachella Music

Axl Rose is a FOUNDING member while Slash and Duff aren't. Axl Rose never left the band while Slash and Duff did.

Axl did leave the band. Go read his chats, he himself explains why. There are only two members who quit GNR, and they were Izzy and Axl. Steven was fired, while Duff and Slash had the band dissolve around them. They are still part of the GNR partnership. nuGNR is a wholly different legal entity. It is not the band Slash and Duff joined. It is not the band that released AfD, Lies, UYI or SI. It is no different to Velvet Revolver/Loader/JuJu Hounds etc. except it carries the GNR name, which Axl owns.

'Event of the century'? 'Starting trends and forever changing the face of rock n roll?' Bollocks :lol:

It's obviously horseshit, but it's kinda like a commercial as you probably know, so it's not supposed to be brutally honest.

• Like 1

Just to play devils advocate, another act has reunited to headline Coachella this year. LCD Soundsystem.

They've also got a loud mouth, opinionated front man, who pretty much "is" LCD Soundsystem, who's alienated a lot of his fans in the past. It's not 100% clear who's definitely in the band. 3 names have been confirmed, but not all. The rumours of their reunion were doing the rounds on Billboard etc a few weeks before it was ever officially announced. It was confirmed via the Coachella line-up. An LCD Soundsystem reunion is quite a big deal in their genre of music, just like a GnR one is in the world of rock. They haven't done any TV appearances or magazine interviews yet. See the similarities there between the 2 acts? Yet you should see the difference in reactions. LCD Soundsystem forums are, for the vast majority, extremely positive about this. Meanwhile, this place is full of complaining and moaning.

The ONLY real major difference I can find is James Murphy released a press release late yesterday which can be found here: http://lcdsoundsystem.com/main/archives/793It's a good read and is probably the kind of thing we'd have liked Axl to release. But for the most part, the similarities are very, very close yet the reactions are almost polar opposites. Quite sad to see, really.

I think we all ought to stop finding ways to be cynical about absolutely everything. Are we really eating into the wording of this press release? It was written by Axl's pool cleaner.

The one thing we've waited on for however long has finally happened and we're talking about the article being written to ensure Axl is the main man. Couple of observations on that one:

1) He absolutely is the main man. He's been the only ever present member and has stuck by his brand through thick and thin. I say fair enough.

2) This isn't a reunion. Slash is back in the band it seems. This will probably be a dress rehearsal for future events.

Even if these are only preliminary motions, fuck me, it's better than the years and years of nothing.

Edited by W. Axl Kev
  • Like 1

The press release calls it the "most significant and anxiously awaited musical event of the century" and says that this lineup is "iconic". IT also goes on the highlight how long it's been since they've performed together and that it will be "explosive".

I think the hand-wringing over the wording of the press release is a bit much.

So...press release yesterday and its not trending...

Maybe a little too late..?

If this was 2001 or 2006 would've been 1000 times bigger.

No quotes from any band members and no pictures together.

I think if we can get an interview with both of them together it would be a big deal.

'Event of the century'? 'Starting trends and forever changing the face of rock n roll?' Bollocks :lol:

It's obviously horseshit, but it's kinda like a commercial as you probably know, so it's not supposed to be brutally honest.

Or even vaguely accurate :lol:

• Like 1

No quotes from any band members and no pictures together.

I think if we can get an interview with both of them together it would be a big deal.

Or at least pictures to go with articles. Most sites are using either pics from >20 years ago, or mash up something from seperate recent pics. But then again, maybe this just means the line-up isnt definitive yet.

Guys, who cares about how the press release was written, and if it was trending on Twitter or not. Axl, Slash, and Duff are going to be on the same stage again, playing the songs they made famous. Fuck all the over examination. Lets just enjoy this, and be positive.

• Like 4

Axl did leave the band. Go read his chats, he himself explains why. There are only two members who quit GNR, and they were Izzy and Axl. Steven was fired, while Duff and Slash had the band dissolve around them. They are still part of the GNR partnership. nuGNR is a wholly different legal entity. It is not the band Slash and Duff joined. It is not the band that released AfD, Lies, UYI or SI. It is no different to Velvet Revolver/Loader/JuJu Hounds etc. except it carries the GNR name, which Axl owns.

Spot on. Kanudo is just a bitter nugnr reunionist. Lol.

thats what you get when the entire fucking public including the die hards are sick and tired of this being news when in all of axl's defiance - it is indeed not a reunion - and the GNR camp doesn't know how to spin it so it creates a positive buzz- tail between the legs styles

in reality axl is probably no where close to being fit to sing