Alan Niven interview today: Izzy will be involved in new music and reunion

Alan Niven did a pretty long in depth interview on the morning show here in Phoenix today. He went pretty in-depth about his past with GnR, current relationship with Slash etc. He had some pretty awesome stories about how he was living in Prescott, Arizona and his real estate agent said Axl was looking for property nearby (assuming Sedona) and he almost lost his shit. Anyway, don't think the podcast is up yet, if they post it tomorrow I will bump this thread.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/holmbergs-morning-sickness/id532665161

Edited by Mr_Sparkle

Niv is a great interview as always, quite the character.

A couple takeaways for me:

Izzy is allegedly involved in writing with the band, which is good news.

Axl canceling Kimmel has to do with some disagreements allegedly. Not the end of the world, but defintiely par the course with GNR

So all in all, whatever happens within the next few months, we're all in for a crazy ride and hopefully It doesnt all fall apart like it always does and we get to enjoy a killer Rock n Roll show and some tunes.

Niv is a great interview as always, quite the character.

A couple takeaways for me:

Izzy is allegedly involved in writing with the band, which is good news.

Axl canceling Kimmel has to do with some disagreements allegedly. Not the end of the world, but defintiely par the course with GNR

So all in all, whatever happens within the next few months, we're all in for a crazy ride and hopefully It doesnt all fall apart like it always does and we get to enjoy a killer Rock n Roll show and some tunes.

Izzy writing recently with the band is GREAT news. We just may get a couple new tunes out of this.

Great news if true. At least Izzy's presence will be felt in new shit. I can kinda understand if Izzy doesn't wanna do a full tour at this point, but you'd think he'd at least be down to join them for coachella. Please God, at least give us the core four!!

I don't think people realize how important Alan was for the band, he did a lot for GNR and most importantly got them out of the gutter. GNR went downhill after he left in 1991, I'm glad he was gone only after the songwriting for UYI was done. The same phenomenon can be seen on GW too, Great White only released shit albums after he left.

I hope Alan wasn't talking about the songwriting Izzy was doing with Duff, but with the actual GNR right now. I know Alan and Izzy are good friends, and slash talked in some 2014-2015 interview about how he texts with Izzy a lot, so I'm very optimistic about an Izzy contribution to GNR.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

If Izzy comes in for the record then it's on.

Yeah. And a surprise for me. I've always been happy with what I get, so a big reunion tour was good enough for me. But new music, damn, not getting my hopes up but yeah, it's on.

• Like 1

Interesting that he brought up Aspergers. I've wondered that about Axl.

The earwig is clearly Doug. That man had a hand in so much shit that went down.

Glad that he highlighted Izzy's importance. New music is what I'm most interested in.

Alan is always interesting to listen to, but those radio-hosts were dumb. Sometimes you need to just shut-up and let someone speak.