04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

Yeah fuck seated GA. Not all GNR fans are old.

The average age range is old(er) especially for those who are likely to buy the VIP packages. This isn't 1988 and it's not a Cannibal Corpse show. They won't be able to please everyone no matter what they do.

As a relatively young GN'R fan (29) I'd prefer assigned seating as well. I want to enjoy the show, not fight for a spot.

Not sure what's so awful about having an assigned seat and not having to waste hours in line just to be close.

does evwryone at least stand up when the show is on?
yes and frankly it's better the way the states do this. At least I'm not into being molested by some drunk ass breathing down my neck..
  • Like 1

The average age range is old(er) especially for those who are likely to buy the VIP packages. This isn't 1988 and it's not a Cannibal Corpse show. They won't be able to please everyone no matter what they do.
I guess every other country humans can stand up a lot later in life than america as i gaurantee its the only country that will do Seated GA for GNR

It's about making money too. Maybe promoters can sell a seat on the floor for more than a General Admission ticket. I've only been to shows in the US and Canada. Overseas do they push and shove and crowd surf on the floor for three hours? If that's your thing after waiting all day to get up front,have at it Broham. I'm there to see the show not deal with idiots pushing,shoving and crowd surfing for hours.

wish they would announce the whole tour so I know if I should book a trip to vegas or wait till they come closer and see multiple shows, can only take a week to go to vegas or follow them around for a week this summer, can't do both

Yeah but they've only done GA since like, forever.

Unfortunately it's just a way to make more money.

As long as they still have a pit though I'll be happy.

wish they would announce the whole tour so I know if I should book a trip to vegas or wait till they come closer and see multiple shows, can only take a week to go to vegas or follow them around for a week this summer, can't do both

I wish they'd announce the tour as well.

I really need to figure some things out with respect to travel for the rest of this year.

• Like 1

Not sure what's so awful about having an assigned seat and not having to waste hours in line just to be close.

yes and frankly it's better the way the states do this. At least I'm not into being molested by some drunk ass breathing down my neck..

LOL. Then they always want to talk and yell right in your ear. I didn't pay hundreds of dollars to hear that. Then there's always the "My girl can't see" guy. Well,you should've bought her a seat then. All of that pushing and shoving is for the kids. Also for the most part ,the sound is better in the seats as opposed to right in front of the stage.

• Like 3

LOL. Then they always want to talk and yell right in your ear. I didn't pay hundreds of dollars to hear that. Then there's always the "My girl can't see" guy. Well,you should've bought her a seat then. All of that pushing and shoving is for the kids. Also for the most part ,the sound is better in the seats as opposed to right in front of the stage.

Yeah exactly. Maybe some Europeans just don't like it because once again America got it right..?

On a side note, the vip packages look appealing.

Yeah exactly. Maybe some Europeans just don't like it because once again America got it right..?

On a side note, the vip packages look appealing.

On stage photo sounds cool. Signed merch is great to me if Axl signed it. My guess for that top package is $1,500. Edited by Subtle Signs

Mostly just not having the choice to be up front if I choose to do so. But besides that, they've been GA for as long as I've been seeing them. To suddenly have seated floor just sucks. It's one thing when you've got an artist who is always seated (Rush is a good example), but to have an artist who goes from GA floors to seated just puts a sour taste in my mouth.

Agreed, I can't imagine the amount of drunk fighting that would go on if people are pushing to the front.

It doesn't happen. It might get a little tight, but US crowds are exceedingly tame. I've never been a show where a fight has affected me in any way. GN'R crowds nowadays are some of the easiest I've ever been to. I've been front and center on the barrier every time I've seen them and I've never hand someone even lay a hand on me.

My guess is that the floor will be divided into a GA (right in front of the stag) and a reserved seating that is slightly raised behind the GA area. I've seen that for a lot of shows in the U.S.

It doesn't happen that often - I've only ever seen it when Maiden plays at MSG.

AXS website says this will be the FIRST show by Guns N Roses with Slash and Duff since 93, so that's something.

"History will be made in April when Guns N Roses - featuring the iconic lineup of Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan - regroup for the first time in 23 years on the T-Mobile Arena stage. After announcing that they will headline Coachella, the band has now confirmed the very first place the world can see their historical return will be on the Las Vegas Strip, where they will perform a two-night rock spectacular at the brand new T-Mobile Arena. Guns N Roses will perform Friday, April 8 and Saturday, April 9."

Edited by IncitingChaos

I can't stand GA floor seats. Had some idiot people and fights going on at Guns in Minneapolis 2011. Half way through I just moved back away from it all because people were making front and centre hard to enjoy.

Rise Against in 2011 was also rough. Spent 2 hours being pushed up against a damn railing. Cool to experience I guess, but once was enough for me. I'll take seats any day if possible.

• Like 1

Seats at a rock concert? Is that a typical American thing or something? Don't think I've ever seen that. Hope they leave it on that side of the pond because there is no way I'm going to pay for a ticket if im having to sit down

Nobody (for the most part) sits in the seats during the show. It's nice because it prevents pushing and shoving on the floor as well as having to line up hours early to get up front.

• Like 4