'The Most Dangerous Band In The World: The Story Of Guns N' Roses' To Air On BBC FOUR In UK (Fri 5th Feb 10pm)

Okay, just came back from the screening, Jon Brewer was there Q&A with him afterwards but didn't have time to stick around for that.

The film alone is worth analysing purely for Canter's footage. Wow, just wow, that shits like the holy grail! Some things I can recall:

- rehearsal footage from '85

- multiple stage footage from '86

- candid footage of the Jungle film clip session

So much to go over from it, I can't wait until everyone else can see it next Friday week when it finally premieres on BBC4.

Edited by Blake Sabbath
  • Like 3

The reunion is mentioned at the end and Jon Brewer spoke before the screening and said, jokingly I assumed, that it might just address why exactly the reunion has now occurred.

The revelation at the end that when Slash OD'd in '88 that Axl thought that his true soul had left his bod was perhaps the main reason why a reunion had never occurred seems ridiculous and comical, but as most of us know Axl has had some dead set strange years in the wilderness with the likes of Yoda and co.

All licensed music, film clip footage and such is used which gives it added oomph of course. I particularly liked how they used Right Next Door To Hell for the intro music.

Thank you for the feedback. Can you tell us a little more?

Like, how long is the documentary?

Is the unreleased live footage from 85-87 just a few snipets or do we get a ton of unreleased footage?4

Any footage from 1987?

Any recording studio footage? Making of the albums? Like, Axl in the studio recording Appetite?

I live in the U.S. and am so desperate to see this! Hope it becomes available

Sure, I'll recount whatever I can recall from the one viewing I've had.

The film goes for almost an hour and a half. The '85-'87 stuff I would say is more than just snippets, but I wouldn't call it a ton of footage as it's not what makes up the entirety of the documentary. Let's just say there's a really good decent chunk and according to Marc Canter himself the film maker Jon Brewer didn't even use all of what he's got!

Nothing from 1987 jumps out in my mind, but if I take a look back through Reckless Road this evening when I'm home I might see some sections in there that might jog my memory as to scenes that were included in the film.

If you're hoping for a plethora of unseen Axl backstage or recording footage or even interviews then you're shit out of luck I think.

I do remember some Canter super 8 film from backstage '85 I think it was. Again, I'll need to have a flick through RR again to gather my thoughts and everything I remember seeing.

In terms of an up to date GN'R documentary this would have to be the new standard, but I think ultimately we need Marc Canter to do a Kickstarter or something so he can make his own with all his unseen stuff in it which could essentially be a video documentary version of RR.

As it stands this new doco is almost essentially that due to the amount of Canter stuff in there, but of course this film doesn't just cover the early days.

Sure, I'll recount whatever I can recall from the one viewing I've had.

The film goes for almost an hour and a half. The '85-'87 stuff I would say is more than just snippets, but I wouldn't call it a ton of footage as it's not what makes up the entirety of the documentary. Let's just say there's a really good decent chunk and according to Marc Canter himself the film maker Jon Brewer didn't even use all of what he's got!

Nothing from 1987 jumps out in my mind, but if I take a look back through Reckless Road this evening when I'm home I might see some sections in there that might jog my memory as to scenes that were included in the film.

If you're hoping for a plethora of unseen Axl backstage or recording footage or even interviews then you're shit out of luck I think.

I do remember some Canter super 8 film from backstage '85 I think it was. Again, I'll need to have a flick through RR again to gather my thoughts and everything I remember seeing.

In terms of an up to date GN'R documentary this would have to be the new standard, but I think ultimately we need Marc Canter to do a Kickstarter or something so he can make his own with all his unseen stuff in it which could essentially be a video documentary version of RR.

As it stands this new doco is almost essentially that due to the amount of Canter stuff in there, but of course this film doesn't just cover the early days.

Wow, not a fifty minute job then? This surely sounds like the best GN'R documentary yet.

Sounds like I'll enjoy it. I mean, Behind the Music was okay, but otherwise everything has been pretty mediocre on the documentary front. The one that the BBC did for Queen was impressive and it sounds like this will be satisfying all the same. Thanks for the heads up and info Blake!

Axl shirtless footage, yes. The candid recording of the Jungle video shoot springs to mind. That's some really good footage I think overall.

As for the '85 rehearsal footage, I remember it only including Duff, Steven and Slash. It was date stamped April 1985 as far as I can remember, which doesn't make sense to me. Need to ask Marc Canter about that one!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/real-reason-guns-n-roses-7260216

Guns N' Roses have delighted life-long fans with their upcoming reunion after Slash and Axl Rose apparently settled their differences.

But what was behind the guitarist and frontman's bitter bust-up in the first place?

According to Tom Zutaut, who signed the legendary band, the feud began when Slash overdosed on heroin and "died" for eight minutes.

Axl, 53, thought a different Slash took over his body following the overdose.

“Axl genuinely believes the soul of Saul Hudson left his body when Slash OD’d," Tom said on The Most Dangerous Band in The World documentary.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/real-reason-guns-n-roses-7260216

Guns N' Roses have delighted life-long fans with their upcoming reunion after Slash and Axl Rose apparently settled their differences.

But what was behind the guitarist and frontman's bitter bust-up in the first place?

According to Tom Zutaut, who signed the legendary band, the feud began when Slash overdosed on heroin and "died" for eight minutes.

Axl, 53, thought a different Slash took over his body following the overdose.

“Axl genuinely believes the soul of Saul Hudson left his body when Slash OD’d," Tom said on The Most Dangerous Band in The World documentary.

:lol: