'The Most Dangerous Band In The World: The Story Of Guns N' Roses' To Air On BBC FOUR In UK (Fri 5th Feb 10pm)

On 05/02/2016 at 10:07 PM, dalsh327 said:

Most of these women were already damaged, it's the predatory assholes like Cosby (allegedly) or some trusted family member that fucked their heads up. 

You don't know any of these women or their histories, and if any had been previously abused, so what? You think that absolves Axl from his own violent actions? Truth is several women, from different stages in his life, have come forward and told of his physical, sexual and mental abuse. He knew what he was doing, he is a predator. You're kidding yourself if you don't think there's a Cosby like trail across Hollywood.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

You don't know any of these women or their histories, and if any had been previously abused, so what? You think that absolves Axl from his own violent actions? Truth is several women, from different stages in his life, have come forward and told of his physical, sexual and mental abuse. He knew what he was doing, he is a predator. You're kidding yourself if you don't think there's a Cosby like trail across Hollywood.

It was more of a comment about the women who hung with GNR and they've talked about those problems, not Axl's relationships specifically.

The museum story was the weirdest part (along with the crow story). In the RS interview Axl never said he was raped by his stepfather, only by his biological father. Going by the assumption that the stepfather was a child rapist too, it still seems odd that he would take his kids specifically to an air-force museum and rape them there. Surely he could have found a place with more privacy? Not the easiest story to believe but not impossible.

Personally I would be interested to know Axl's current thoughts about the regression therapy he went through. Is it something he still fully believes in or is he accepting the criticism of it.

Regression therapy is known to produce false memories and as far as I know there is no way for the patient to know which of the memories are real unless they can be independently verified. I find it hard to see how it could possibly be good for anyone to end up with a bunch of traumatic childhood memories that just might or might not be real, so I definitely wouldn't recommend this form of therapy.

I also thought the slash interview about the reunion was interesting. he says if everybody wanted to do a reunion it might be fun to do. He must have been in talks with Axl and others all ready at this point if I'm correct the interview was last year. So does it mean everybody is involved.

2 hours ago, kok said:

Matt said that Axl backed out of the Rnr hall of fame thing at the last moment implying that Axl actually agreed to perform with the rest of the old Guns already in 2012

I can imagine Axl actually wanting to be there, but because the RNRHF didn't want to recognize the then current line-up, he backed out, and that was his main reason.

2 hours ago, kok said:

Matt said that Axl backed out of the Rnr hall of fame thing at the last moment implying that Axl actually agreed to perform with the rest of the old Guns already in 2012

They way I remember is Axl was in negotiations with RRHOF to have his new band perform also or something to that effect and Axl waited till just before the show to back out via a letter he shared to the press.

Edited by 31illusions

On 2/6/2016 at 2:52 AM, MrSoftie said:

Like it or not it's still a key part of Guns N' Roses history. 

It's not like CD era was ignored, it was just lumped in with all the post breakup solo projects. Having as much to do with the GNR people knew and loved, as Juju Hounds or Snakepit.

21 hours ago, 31illusions said:

They way I remember is Axl was in negotiations with RRHOF to have his new band perform also or something to that effect and Axl waited till just before the show to back out via a letter he shared to the press.

The letter was 3 or 4 days before the induction. It wasn't a big deal for Slash, Duff and Matt to throw something together. 

No one was surprised Axl wasn't going to show, or Izzy. 

The inductions should be body of work, not "which lineup was the best/most infuential". If Trujillo wasn't inducted with Metallica, it would be a non-issue. He gets an award for playing on one album, the same year they were inducted. Tommy was in the band for over a decade and wasn't even considered. 

Axl was gracious in declining the award and had valid points why he had to decline it.

At least that's in the past. 

On 6/2/2016 at 1:14 AM, Carburetta said:

Was it me or was that recent Axl interview clip more that what we saw at the time? (The bit about explaining why he's late) Probably not actually.

Santiago footage was cool too, looked like a great show, is this on YouTube?

Yeah, here you are the best version, I made It and uploaded to my channel 

PD: Where were those high quality clips from the club shows, the 1986 L.A street scene festival and the 1991 shows taken from?

41 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

Yeah, here you are the best version, I made It and uploaded to my channel 

PD: Where were those high quality clips from the club shows, the 1986 L.A street scene festival and the 1991 shows taken from?

Omegle_screenshot_84817_jpg.jpg

• Like 2

I thought it was ok.  Not too much new information (Anyone who has read Slash's autobiography would have already known about 90% of what was revealed in the documentary ) but some of the footage was pretty good.

Edited by Kasanova King

6 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

Omegle_screenshot_84817_jpg.jpg

Yeah, I know, the truble is that nowadays most people watch youtube on 16:9 screens (Tv, smartphone...) and black bars aren't cool. I don't like to crop my videos because some details are lost, so I use that mode to make it 16:9 and keep the whole screen (most people just feel the band is a bit fat, but as you watch the video you don't really notice because evey element has the same aspect ratio, even if it isn't the original), other youtubers like Malfarius N Roses do the same.

Edited by fanfzero

Finally got around to watching this last night; can't say I was impressed. The whole skeleton biker/Alice in wonderland bit was cringe worthy and was in no way relevant to the narrative. I would have preferred 90 minutes of unseen Canter footage along with his commentary on it. 

• Like 1

I thought it was very good..bbc usually make good docs....I bet there's plenty of fans like me who'd not listened to gnr for years who have dusted off the old records on the back of this......I've even gone old school are rented duffs book from the local library 

• Like 1

Just watched this tonight and gotta say it was a pretty terrible documentary. It didn't even remotely convey the essence of GnR. It didn't even begin to accurately portray the hysteria that surrounded them. It was pretty bland and at times all over the place.  I struggled to get through it.  The VH1 Behind the Music was way better.  This one just came off super amatuerish. Like some fan threw it together for youtube. The more I think about it, it really sucked. 

What would be awesome is if they were able to get the people who make the 30 for 30 documentaries to do one. They make even the least interesting sports topics VERY interesting. I bet they could do it for music. 

Edited by Bono
  • Like 2

brilliant documentary

having canter documenting their earliest gigs was a stroke of genious. i never knew they played "back of bitch" live with steven. the track took on a whole new life for me. what a great drummer steven is. the only choice for the reunion concerts AFAIC. no need for that CD crap, steven can play pretty much any of the classics.

• Like 1

I watched the first half hour the other day and didn't think I would go back to it. There was too much Cheesy CGI and shit..

Watched the rest today and it got much better.. Loved all the footage.

That version of Dust N' Bones kicked ass.. Is that on you tube? What show was that?

Too much Matt.. Thanks for your time butt..

I really need to see the Appetite lineup onstage together (by themselves) in my life.. Even if it is only for a handful of songs..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

^ Until now...

Classic Rock slated it, which I was pleasantly surprised to see because honestly it is the truth and they played no favouritism with Jon Brewer considering they've collaborated in the past to bring Marc Canter's Reckless Road reprinted and distributed at WH Smith news agencies over here in the UK a few years ago.

"A story, but not the story.

Serendipitously released as Guns N’ Roses start rehearsals for a series of ‘reunion’ shows, The Most Dangerous Band In The World tells the story of the group’s early years, and attempts to make sense of the subsequent fallout.

Director Jon Brewer has history with the band (Slash actually lived in his closet for a couple of days), but it seems he was unable to pull the strings necessary to tell the story as comprehensively as it clearly deserves.

So there’s plenty of Matt Sorum and Steven Adler and A&R man Tom Zutaut, but nothing from Izzy or Axl or manager Alan Niven, and Dizzy Reed, who’s been in the band 26 years, isn’t mentioned.

It’s topped and tailed by clunky references to Alice In Wonderland, and while some of the unseen live footage (from Slash’s childhood friend Marc Canter) is thrilling, the film feels hastily and haphazardly assembled. Welcome to the bungle.  

FINAL VERDICT: 4/10"