Would it be possible to send some sort of "Thank You" message to the big three?

By big three, I'm meaning Axl, Slash, and Duff (anyone have a better nickname for that trio?)

I know the most obvious thing is "buy a ticket to show your support", but beyond that, this forum is a big deal when it comes to GN'R on the internet. Axl held a Q&A here, right?

Could we put together some sort of "Thank You" card for the core 3? It doesn't need to be a card, just some sort of message that expresses happiness for them, gratitude for the reunion, and something to wish them luck.

I feel like the media might pester Axl and Slash too much with "so what exactly happened between you two" type stuff, and I think dealing with that will be hard. In response, I'd like to just thank them for doing this, and let them know we think it's cool they're friends again. I don't need all the details on how they reconnected, and I hope they know they have fans that feel this way.

This might be a dumb idea, and it may not deserve a thread so I understand if this is locked/moved.

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

As in take out an ad or whatever those fans did 15 years ago,which most likely cost a pretty penny? No thanks. I'd sooner give my money to charity and I'm sure the three of them would rather we do that as well. They have people flying in from Bumfuck,Iowa all the way to Singapore. That's thanks enough.

Edited by Subtle Signs

As in take out an ad or whatever those fans did 15 years ago,which most likely cost a pretty penny? No thanks. I'd sooner give my money to charity and I'm sure the three of them would rather we do that as well. They have people flying in from Bumfuck,Iowa all the way to Singapore. That's thanks enough.

This is a really good point

This is a really good point

Everyone going to Vegas should be able to afford an extra $10,right? We pick a charity and on behalf of MYGNRFORUM/the GNR reunion, we donate $500. Best case scenario, it gets picked up by Blabbermouth causing us to get calied "Mulletheads" "Butt Rockers" and "Dad Rockers" by posters on there, however,it might get to Team Brazil who quadruple our donation for a total of $2,500 to a worthy cause.

• Like 1

The 'big three' are just people like us. There's no need to send them a card expressing gratitude for the things that they love doing. We have already done that by buying the albums/tickets. If you meet them in person, thank them individually.

Edited by sonofnazareth

This:

No thanks.

Can't tell if serious:

I'm in for the first $10. Maybe other Forums can match whatever we raise. You can do it Gunners. Start returning pop bottles and raiding your couches for change to donate to our not yet chosen charity.

This:

I'd wait to see how the first performances go before thanking them... :lol:

Especially this:

I think their bank statements will be thanks enough.

And this:

The 'big three' are just people like us. There's no need to send them a card expressing gratitude for the things that they love doing. We have already done that by buying the albums/tickets. If you meet them in person, thank them individually.

send an e-mail to the band listing where every attendee is flying from and how much the weekend is going to cost them, I think they will quickly grasp how much they are appreciated.

Edited by Archtop
  • Like 1

I think we need to have a discussion on the big 3 ;)

I don't think there is any argument that Slash and Axl are the big 2 but I personally value Izzy more than Duff.

"MYGNRForum would like to offically thank The Big 2 And A Player To Be Named Later" :lol:

• Like 1