downzy

Forum Upgrade Thread - Report/Discuss Problems Here

Wow, just wow....

This is just so new... reminds me of the official Led Zep forum (circle avatars etc.)

Also, i just logged in for  the first time since the upgrade, and notifications not working properly... (shows up 2 new notifications, then There are no notifications to display)

I posted in the 'what are you listening to' thread and the youtube video was huge.

And the reputation displayed above post count and the circle avatars are weird, I don't really like them...

I appreciate the work the admin is putting into this forum but my computer tablet and phone layouts look a lot different. Currently trying to find a way to put it in desktop mode. 

I was having a hard time posting from my phone. Hopefully there is an option for a more "classic" version of the Forum coming for mostly mobile users. Keep the search button where it is as when I am on my desktop it mostly covers Frank and Pitman.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, downzy said:

We're still working on the mobile platform.  Unfortunately the ads are formatted for the desktop version, which is why the mobile site looks off.  

Ok, I'LL wait patiently.....

6 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

Ok, I'LL wait patiently.....

The ad issue should be fixed - essentially what you're seeing now is it. The desktop and mobile layouts have been merged.

You can try switching the theme to "Default" and see if you prefer how that looks on your mobile (theme selector is at the bottom of the page).

• Like 1

New format sucks sooooooooo badly!

Everything is far too big for mobile browsing and the formatting is totally shit. 

What's this all about for starters?

image.png

Edited by Dazey

@Dazey, the posts are still being "rebuilt" - things will look funny (especially posts with quotes in them) until this process is complete, which is going to take a few days or so.

• Like 1

Also - the system doesn't allow you to "stack" quotes anymore. So you shouldn't see that issue anymore going forward. Hopefully it will "fix" old posts as they're rebuilt (it's only 15% complete at the moment).

57 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

@Dazey, the posts are still being "rebuilt" - things will look funny (especially posts with quotes in them) until this process is complete, which is going to take a few days or so.

Snakes' posts will never be "normal" :P

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sturginho said:

Snakes' posts will never be "normal" :P

He's clearly just giving everyone the finger with that post. :lol:

Whenever I open a thread it's defaulting to the first post for some reason. 

Will you guys be adding back the themes from the contest runner-ups? I kinda liked browsing with my own banner at the top since I'm an obvious egotistical, narcistic maniac. Even want to update it if that's a requirement.

Edited by Rdeyahlxp

3 hours ago, highvoltage said:

The ad issue should be fixed - essentially what you're seeing now is it. The desktop and mobile layouts have been merged.

You can try switching the theme to "Default" and see if you prefer how that looks on your mobile (theme selector is at the bottom of the page).

ok, I'll try as soon as I can ;)

Whenever Im clicking on any thing, an Ad is opening up in another window. Is this the final version of the layout? or there will be some changes after the full up gradation?

@highvoltage as you mentioned before that when the forum software is updated, one cannot change their slogan, I know its just for Club Members, but as is it upgraded, are they able to change now?

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

Whenever Im clicking on any thing, an Ad is opening up in another window. Is this the final version of the layout? or there will be some changes after the full up gradation?

@highvoltage as you mentioned before that when the forum software is updated, one cannot change their slogan, I know its just for Club Members, but as is it upgraded, are they able to change now?

The ad thing shouldn't be happening. Maybe you have some adware or something? Anyone else?

No, at the moment nobody can change their title. The mod we used to use for it no longer works but it might get updated someday.

1 hour ago, Rdeyahlxp said:

Will you guys be adding back the themes from the contest runner-ups? I kinda liked browsing with my own banner at the top since I'm an obvious egotistical, narcistic maniac. Even want to update it if that's a requirement.

Maybe. It's a bit time-consuming. A new contest would be cooler instead. ;)

• Like 2

Not sure if it's just a mobile thing or not but when I went to edit a post I could click the "save" button all I wanted but it wouldn't close the box or save the changes. Now it's a sad moment as the typo stares me in the face.

I must say, I do like how it now notifies you when someone has quoted you. That'll make it way easier to reply to ongoing discussions.

6 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Not sure if it's just a mobile thing or not but when I went to edit a post I could click the "save" button all I wanted but it wouldn't close the box or save the changes. Now it's a sad moment as the typo stares me in the face.

I must say, I do like how it now notifies you when someone has quoted you. That'll make it way easier to reply to ongoing discussions.

Try closing the window, then go back to the post and try again. If that doesn't work, what mobile browser/OS are you on?

The forum is super slow now, it's all messed up with the fonts. Also the profile side is to big, either you change the size to the avatars to bigger ones or reduce the size of the profile view.

11 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

The forum is super slow now, it's all messed up with the fonts. Also the profile side is to big, either you change the size to the avatars to bigger ones or reduce the size of the profile view.

There are some performance issues at the moment, but they're not related to the upgrade.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, highvoltage said:

There are some performance issues at the moment, but they're not related to the upgrade.

looks much better now, we should change the image to a new one to adapt the new resolution to avoid the streching and pixalated avatars. Good excuse to change it now hehe.

15 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

looks much better now, we should change the image to a new one to adapt the new resolution to avoid the streching and pixalated avatars. Good excuse to change it now hehe.

HV, the avatar is still looking pixelated. Do you changed the size only and not the resolution?

16 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

I like the bigger avatars ;)

None of the youtube vids in the "What are you listening to" thread are showing, is that a temporary issue?