Forum Upgrade Thread - Report/Discuss Problems Here

downzy

@Wagszilla, you can remove a quote from the reply box by hitting CTRL+right-clicking the arrows that appear on the quote itself. Sorry you're not a fan of the new update, can't really do much about the software itself. Having said that... I don't have any issues writing posts above quotes in the editor. The last editor was worse IMO.

12 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

I'm noticing an error when I go in to certain posts on the mobile site. I can scroll down past the ads, but none of the posts display because it says something about the captcha not being correct? It only seems to happen in the Anything Goes section.

I have an iPhone 5s, if that helps.

This should be fixed now.

36 minutes ago, Funky.Monkey said:

When I try to view threads in the main Jungle when I'm not logged in from my laptop I get this message, only in the Jungle:

The CAPTCHA settings are invalid.

Error code: 4S262/1

This should be fixed.

@Wagszilla, that works just fine for me.

1 hour ago, highvoltage said:

You can write the comment, then click and drag the quote box (from the top-left) to move it below what you've written.

...You can drag the quote box anywhere you like within the post. Write your comment, then drag the quote wherever you like within it. 

2 hours ago, highvoltage said:

@Wagszilla, you can remove a quote from the reply box by hitting CTRL+right-clicking the arrows that appear on the quote itself. Sorry you're not a fan of the new update, can't really do much about the software itself. Having said that... I don't have any issues writing posts above quotes in the editor. The last editor was worse IMO.

This should be fixed now.

This should be fixed.

Yep...works fine! Thanks!

I'm still getting the fucky formatting we had on day one because of the banners on mobile if I have my browser open and switch back to it from another app:

image.png

It automatically reformats to the correct content size after about a minute. On iOS, using Safari if that matters. 

On 2/5/2016 at 7:38 AM, nambis said:

I'm not a fan of the new look at all.  It is not aesthetically pleasing and all the excess blank space between text and display items makes it really difficult to read.  Should not have fixed what wasn't broken.

I think it's aesthetically pleasing. I agree the blank space is a bit excessive, but I'm sure that's something that can be tailored. 

Overall, I think it's an improvement. 

17 hours ago, Estranged Reality said:

I think it's aesthetically pleasing. I agree the blank space is a bit excessive, but I'm sure that's something that can be tailored. 

Overall, I think it's an improvement. 

I made some adjustments to this tonight (fonts/padding) ... if a few people could trial the "MyGNRforum_1_1" theme and post if there are any issues with it, that would be great. I'll make it default shortly.

• Like 2

How do I delete a quote box from a reply? I tried back spacing all the way but it won't let me delete the box. Now I can't type a reply at all without it appearing inside the quote box (I can no longer click outside of it to type).

Mobile problem it seems. It "remembered" that I had started replying to the thread previously but never finished (I probably got sidetracked) and now the post I was quoting was is longer relevant/part of the ongoing discussion. So basically I need to know how to stop it from saving drafts and how to delete the quote box.

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

How do I delete a quote box from a reply? I tried back spacing all the way but it won't let me delete the box. Now I can't type a reply at all without it appearing inside the quote box (I can no longer click outside of it to type).

Mobile problem it seems. It "remembered" that I had started replying to the thread previously but never finished (I probably got sidetracked) and now the post I was quoting was is longer relevant/part of the ongoing discussion. So basically I need to know how to stop it from saving drafts and how to delete the quote box.

Scratch that. It seems to have fixed itself - I could finally backspace the quote box.

6 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

It looks like the "Who's Chatting" widget isn't working - I'm showing 2 users in the chat at the top of the forum, but the widget says there are no users in chat right now.

Not sure what to say.  Seems to be working for me. 

4 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

I just want to go on record stating how much I absolutely hate this upgrade. Especially on mobile.

Mobile took me a couple of days to get used to, but now I like it a lot more. I'm using Chrome on an Android phone though so I don't know if that's any better or worse for it than what you may be using.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Estranged Reality said:

@highvoltage any chance of installing a plugin like Giphy for images or is that not possibly/desired? as you well know from my drunken facebook messages, i'm rather fond of the animated GIFs...

Not on the forum side. You're welcome to try a browser extension though - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/giphy-for-chrome/jlleokkdhkflpmghiioglgmnminbekdi?hl=en 

• Like 1