Forum Upgrade Thread - Report/Discuss Problems Here

downzy

17 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

Is it possible to revert to the old version for mobile while retaining the new version for PC? Mobile is an absolute fucking nightmare right now. I actively avoid the site because of it.

What are your specific issues with it compared to the old version?

It's too fucking big. The mobile version of a forum is supposed to be a condensed, compact easily navigable site that requires little scrolling and loads fast. The current setup is basically a slightly smaller version of the full site. Having access to status updates on mobile is nice but it's not worth the other issues.

inb4 mods dismiss my concerns with "lol it loads fast on mine, ur phone/net mus sux XDD"

Edited by bacardimayne

5 minutes ago, bacardimayne said:

It's too fucking big. The mobile version of a forum is supposed to be a condensed, compact easily navigable site that requires little scrolling and loads fast. The current setup is basically a slightly smaller version of the full site. Having access to status updates on mobile is nice but it's not worth the other issues.

inb4 mods dismiss my concerns with "lol it loads fast on mine, ur phone/net mus sux XDD"

Not dismissing your concerns at all, this is probably a conversation to be had with @highvoltage as I don't know whether it's an option to make sections like status updates customisable on an individual level.

@bacardimayne If you're that passionate about it, maybe go register at community.invisionpower.com and let them know your feedback.

Whether we like it or not, 3.x is ending support in a few months. We had to upgrade. All of the things you take issue with have nothing to do with the skin and everything to do with the software itself so I'm afraid I can't help. It's not that the feedback isn't appreciated, there's just zero we can do about any of those things.

• Like 1

Just realized that I could hide all signatures very easily. That's great, some are good but most of them are really just "hey look at me" and it clogs up the pages.

Liking the update more and more, barely remember what this place looked like before. 

Edited by CheapJon

1 hour ago, CheapJon said:

Just realized that I could hide all signatures very easily. That's great, some are good but most of them are really just "hey look at me" and it clogs up the pages.

Liking the update more and more, barely remember what this place looked like before. 

Thanks.

There's an adjustment with any substantial visual change to a website, but the upgrade has brought with it a slew of features.  Posting an image and youtube clip is now much easier and better.  Being able to tag other members is a nice new feature.  The mobile version now allows for ad blocking for Club Members.  And the mobile moderation tools are much improved, allowing for mods and admins to moderate the forum far more effectively via their cell phones.  

We'll be launching more features in the coming weeks that we hope will improve the place.  

1 hour ago, arnold layne said:

Any way to standardize browse new content? I want to read what is new, but not necessarily conversations between member profiles and profile updates. 

I change the settings but they revert back. I find it easier to navigate to forum subsections. 

Yeah, you should be able to customize the "stream" the way you want, then hit "save" in the bottom-left and give it a name. 

Once you've created it, you can tick a little box to set it as your default:

sTl8XAH.png

R2xzIVN.png

While on phone......I will punch the quote button to respond to a post......What happens to me is that quote box won't go away if I change my mind about using it. Even if I haven't typed a single word yet. I will hit done or return or back space so I can go back to just reading the topic.  Then an hour later I will come back and open the topic and click quote so I can respond to a post......and that new quote won't come up. But the quoted text from an hour ago will. Even tho I didn't type anything. 

Example. Today I meant to quote KK. But accidentally hit quote for the guy who responded to KK's quote. I didn't type a word. But it's impossible for me to go back and quote KK post. Because now my initial pressing of quote has forever linked me to responding to it. 

Does that make sense?

33 minutes ago, Apollo said:

While on phone......I will punch the quote button to respond to a post......What happens to me is that quote box won't go away if I change my mind about using it. Even if I haven't typed a single word yet. I will hit done or return or back space so I can go back to just reading the topic.  Then an hour later I will come back and open the topic and click quote so I can respond to a post......and that new quote won't come up. But the quoted text from an hour ago will. Even tho I didn't type anything. 

Example. Today I meant to quote KK. But accidentally hit quote for the guy who responded to KK's quote. I didn't type a word. But it's impossible for me to go back and quote KK post. Because now my initial pressing of quote has forever linked me to responding to it. 

Does that make sense?

If you touch the screen after the quote box then press backspace a couple of times it does delete it. I had the same problem a few times. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Apollo said:

Doesn't work for me!

You may have to tap inside the quote then hit backspace to delete it.

For the record, I have also noticed your original issue and I can see it has been discussed quite a lot over at the official Invision forums (someone has done a detailed writeup here: https://community.invisionpower.com/topic/424666-quote-removal-still-no-good-in-41/ )

All I can say is that Invision are aware of the quirks and will eventually get them fixed. This is another one of those issues that exist within the software itself so it's outside our control to fix.

• Like 3

Think I'm having that quote problem right now as well. Very annoying. on PC btw. Also whatever I last posted shows up like in default mode, or as if I would try to edit my last post.  

Just posted in the Izzy twitter thread (page 39) and I just couldn't type anywhere but in the quote of @Slash787

Edited by CheapJon
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, CheapJon said:

Think I'm having that quote problem right now as well. Very annoying. on PC btw. Also whatever I last posted shows up like in default mode, or as if I would try to edit my last post.  

Just posted in the Izzy twitter thread (page 39) and I just couldn't type anywhere but in the quote of @Slash787

It happened with me too 2 or 3 times for another person, but once i waited for like 2 secs and clicked on that thing and pressed delete, then it went away.