Forum Upgrade Thread - Report/Discuss Problems Here

downzy

1 hour ago, Kasanova King said:

Just checked it on 4G, still can't get on.  I cleared cache, browser data, etc.  It's the only website I can't access with 4G. Giving me a "timed out" error every time I try.

If you can get on from your wifi but not your 4G, then the problem is on your phone provider's end. 

If I were to hazard a guess, it will fix itself within 24-48 hours. Probably a DNS issue.

3 hours ago, highvoltage said:

If you can get on from your wifi but not your 4G, then the problem is on your phone provider's end. 

If I were to hazard a guess, it will fix itself within 24-48 hours. Probably a DNS issue.

Ok, I'll just keep trying....it's been a few days already though....

Who's your provider? I would consider contacting them.

Like I said - if you can get on with wifi on the same device, the issue has to be at their end.

T-Mobile....I'll give it another day or two and then contact them if it doesn't correct itself....:thumbsup:

18 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

T-Mobile....I'll give it another day or two and then contact them if it doesn't correct itself....:thumbsup:

No worries. They have some troubleshooting steps you can try here for when you're having issues with a specific webpage: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-2565 

Does the site load at all? Screenshot maybe?

No worries. They have some troubleshooting steps you can try here for when you're having issues with a specific webpage: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-2565 

Does the site load at all? Screenshot maybe?

Doesn't load.  Just gives me a timed out error....I'll check out your link...

• Like 1

Ever since the upgrade I can't quote people properly some threads won't even let me reply. I'm now blocked somehow from the wrestling thread which is the thread I post in most lately. Makes no sense. I try to quote people and nothing pops up, just a  blank quote with their username and nowhere for me to post my comment. Sometimes I'll try to quote someone and it quotes a completely different post by a  different forum member. 

??????????????

22 hours ago, Bono said:

Ever since the upgrade I can't quote people properly some threads won't even let me reply. I'm now blocked somehow from the wrestling thread which is the thread I post in most lately. Makes no sense. I try to quote people and nothing pops up, just a  blank quote with their username and nowhere for me to post my comment. Sometimes I'll try to quote someone and it quotes a completely different post by a  different forum member. 

??????????????

There are multiple posts in this thread on the issue. Please have a read through them as it's already been answered. Any issues with the quote function are outside our control. I suggest maybe trying a different browser or clearing cache/cookies, etc. Outside that, there's not much I can offer you.

2 hours ago, highvoltage said:

There are multiple posts in this thread on the issue. Please have a read through them as it's already been answered. Any issues with the quote function are outside our control. I suggest maybe trying a different browser or clearing cache/cookies, etc. Outside that, there's not much I can offer you.

So aside from the quote problem being randomly blocked from posting in random threads is just something I will have to deal with? 

27 minutes ago, Bono said:

So aside from the quote problem being randomly blocked from posting in random threads is just something I will have to deal with? 

The quote issues are specific to the forum software and we'll just have to hope Invision fix them in the next update. I've already said this, but if there is a particular quote you can't remove - hover over it and you will see some arrows in the top left corner. Press ctrl and right click on them, then click "remove quote".

Other than that, like I said - try the usual browser tricks like clearing your cache and cookies, or trying a different one altogether. There is nothing on the forum's end preventing you from posting in threads. I haven't seen or heard of anyone else reporting the problem, and you can't ban a user from posting in a particular thread.

• 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

For several days now I cannot stay logged in. I use a home PC. I have to log in twice and when I look at a different page it logs me out. Very frustrating.

Have you tried deleting your cache and cookies?  This usually helps me whenever I have the problem.

8 hours ago, downzy said:

Have you tried deleting your cache and cookies?  This usually helps me whenever I have the problem.

I delete my files several times a day. just to be safe. Seems to be ok for now.

Maybe it was MYGNR being overloaded with people slowing it down? Not sure.

Edited by 31illusions

Excuse me if this was posted/answered somewhere earlier but why the new topics go down to the bottom of the frontpage?

Aren't new topics more important than status updates? (a function which have zero use in reality?)

Also bringing up new posts after the status updates automatically is really messed up the front page

Please tell me that this can be customised somewhow even if you aren't a club member...

edit: somehow it was fixed with the new topics being the first ones.... :lol:

Edited by Strange Broue
it's fixed(?)

On 4/9/2016 at 0:06 PM, 31illusions said:

For several days now I cannot stay logged in. I use a home PC. I have to log in twice and when I look at a different page it logs me out. Very frustrating.

I'm having this same issue on multiple machines, Firefox on both. I log in and then click into a section, and it says I'm not logged in, I click on a thread, it says I'm logged in.

Very annoying because I can't click on "Unread Posts" or anything like that

On 4/9/2016 at 11:06 AM, 31illusions said:

I'm having the same problem.  I log in but when I go to another section I'm logged out, if I hit refresh I sometimes get logged back on.  Strange.