Art Of Anarchy To Release Album, Tour With New Singer

Funky.Monkey

Sounds like Scott didn't warm up enough (or maybe his voice just didnt click that which can happen). A little shaky on some parts, but still cool imo.

Also, completely dry mics. They should've ran a compressor on them

Edited by Mendez

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Show was actually great!

I was worried the crowd would be tiny at first. Right around when the band came on it was pretty small, but it actually ended up being pretty big. I'd say easily over a hundred people for sure... maybe 200 or more. Cool and unexpected to see! Me and my buddy were right up front on Ron's side. The set was short, less than an hour, but I was cool with that as the venue was far away from me. Only one song from the first album and the rest from the new one. I liked Ron's tone more here than I did in GNR. His rig is freakin' awesome for the AoA tour and I noticed he has a really neat new Vigier doubleneck. It looks even cooler than his other ones and sounded great. I do think the band would be better if he "cut loose" a bit more and did some more weird stuff like the Shackler's solo at times (like the Afterburn solo I guess), but he still had some really amazing guitar parts and had pretty great chemistry with the other guitarist, Jon Votta. Hope they do a little more extended guitar work in future releases. Scott Stapp seemed like he was into it. Not the biggest fan of the dude or Creed, but don't hate them either. He did just fine and the other musicians were all enthusiastic and sounded good together. Ron handed me his pick when they finished the set.

After the show the entire band sans Scott hung around the merch booth. They were all super nice and seemed like they were genuinely thrilled to hang out with fans. I haven't seen Ron play or seen him since 2012, so it was awesome to meet him again. The dude continues to be the most fan friendly musician I can think of. We had a good little chat, and a lot of other people stuck around to meet the group. All in all, a cool night and I am glad I went. Hope those of you that want to see them get to (especially @Towelie)

Here's a pic-

17910704_10208940326966555_1202664999_n.jpg

Awesome review. Really hoping they come to the UK. 

Have you heard the album yet? It's a real grower.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...