'BELIEVE IN ME' Re-issued on Color Vinyl

duff has jeff fuckin beck as a guest and its the worst song and at the same time it is terrific

duff has a rapper singing some rap stuff in another song

this is a huge mess of an album

but it is still cool somehow

Edited by ludurigan

This label is well known for using CD rips to master the LPs they press. Basically, the sound quality on this LP will clearly be inferior to the CD, which sounds quite good if a bit compressed.

Maybe I'll buy it though...

There are some tracks I really like (Believe In Me, Fucked Up Beyond Belief, Lonely Tonite) but the record is average at best.

Too much rasp on the Lenny track.

And the beginning of Just Not There is one of the most cringeworthy Duff moments. "OH OH OH YEAH" is better than the old one (YEAH THAT MADE ME HAPPEAAAH)

This isn't a great album obviously, and unfortunately Duff's voice doesn't sound too great, because a) he's not the best singer anyway and b) he was snorting so much cocaine at the time that he couldn't sing for shit anyway, but even though it has too much filler, I always thought it had a few decent songs on it as well, like Believe In Me, Man In The Meadow, 10 Years, Just Not There, and even sappy songs like I Love You and Could It Be U wouldn't have been half bad if the voice was better.

Edited by EvanG

There were a couple B-Sides that I think were leftovers from this album. Bambi and Cracked Actor which were both really good songs.. One was a Prince cover I believe but both were better than some songs on Believe In Me. I actually didn't discover the songs until a few years back on the internet. Check them out if you haven't heard them.

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

There were a couple B-Sides that I think were leftovers from this album. Bambi and Cracked Actor which were both really good songs.. One was a Prince cover I believe but both were better than some songs on Believe In Me. I actually didn't discover the songs until a few years back on the internet. Check them out if you haven't heard them.

Cracked Actor is a (terrible) Bowie cover, not Prince.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkEvAvIGK-w

23 hours ago, EvH said:

This label is well known for using CD rips to master the LPs they press. Basically, the sound quality on this LP will clearly be inferior to the CD, which sounds quite good if a bit compressed.

Maybe I'll buy it though...

You are completly wrong, mate. 

From the labels Q&A:

"Which masters do you use?

We use the best audio available to cut our records. We receive and use different kinds of masters: analogue tapes, original metal parts, lacquers cut from analogue tapes and high res digital files 192/96khz/24 bit. Music On Vinyl does not use CD's as masters."

http://www.musiconvinyl.com/about-us#.VrRLN1Im-zk

MOV reissues are pretty damn good in general!

Edited by Philcore