[Metallica] 'Hardwired... to Self-Destruct' \\//\\// WorldWired Tour Discussion

Silent Jay

7 hours ago, Majestic Beast said:

We're not gonna sleep tonight lol,probably tallica it's the band of the weekend,double album,12 video clips,appearing in French TV,questions with fans worldwide.

13 clips since Lords of Summer will get video too...
Funny how world turns around. They were No1 enemy of sharing music "for free" trough internet and now they give whole album "for free"...
And yes, great job for promotion - 1st live performances in North and Latin America, interviews in Germany, 1st hard copy in New Zealand, videos for all songs online...
About sound - now it seems to me Black/Load/ReLoad mix and I like it. One can't expect another Lightning or Master from guys in their 50s...
I'm sure enjoy videos, CD when it comes and tour if I'll be able to see...

• Like 1

Metallica are officially the most-steamed metal band in the world, with fans listening to 11,892 years’ worth of their music.
Spotify has now concluded that the band are the most streamed metal band on their platform, with 7 million listeners a month. Their biggest hit ‘Enter Sandman’ has been streamed 108 million times while their music in general makes an appearance on 15 million user playlists.

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/music/metallica-most-streamed-metal-band-world-1860653#tWPqDKO5am18XoMg.99

Hmmm. Just listened to it. I guess I'll let it grow on me. For now, I feel that it is a little uninspired. Spit out the bone feels like their good old thrash. I can see why Kirk felt a bit left behind on this one. IMO it lacks good fills and it's like they're relying to much on the groove, kinda like Anthrax in Stomp 442. Confusion is a good example where it worked, but the rest feels a bit monotone. I'll give it a second listen.

• Like 1

• Atlas, Rise!
  • Halo On Fire
  • Moth Into Flame
  • Spit Out The Bone
  • Now That We're Dead

Ok,now,after multiple listenings to the album i have to say some negatives we all already know,long length,it gets tiring,gets boring after awhile,the mix of a bit black album vibe,a bit load vibe,1-2 thrashy to catch all era fans,mid tempo rythm to many songs(Lars can't follow fast rythms?),they thought should release double album cause they didn't this with load/reload and they get negative criticism about that as a wrong decision,but you don't try to correct a fault with second fault,the artwork of DM,Hardwired were awful.

The album it should be one with best 8-9 songs and if they wanted to add some extras like Lord of summers,tribute to lemmy etc as bonus in limitied editions,deluxe,it's easy.Trying to release 12 video clips in 1-2 days,most of them useless or annoying it won't make fans to forget the napster story,against downloading behavior so far.

Edited by Majestic Beast