[Metallica] 'Hardwired... to Self-Destruct' \\//\\// WorldWired Tour Discussion

Silent Jay

Went to a release party for it at a local indie shop last night. I thought it started off okay, but lost my interest by the end of disc one. Seemed to be the consensus throughout the room as well. I didn't buy a copy. 

I'll gladly illegally download a copy though. You hear me, Lars? :takethat: 

• Like 1

I really like what I've heard so far. Dream No More is pretty different. And that video for Now That We're Dead is bad ass. Spit Out the Bone is a flash back.

A great new album. A video for almost every song put up for free on YouTube before the release? Fuck, we GnR fans are stuck debating a goddamn sound check jam and whether it's the seed of a new song... Hopefully Axl feels the need to keep up with Metallica...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Went to a release party for it at a local indie shop last night. I thought it started off okay, but lost my interest by the end of disc one. Seemed to be the consensus throughout the room as well. I didn't buy a copy. 

Downloading motherfuckers

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I streamed it today and thought the same thing. 

• Like 1

Don't blame only Lars for downloding,Axl too was for years against illegal downloding of CD,even demos,or rehearsals.

I saw from the middle the live streaming to the vans,James voice cracked at the fast Hardwired song and Moth,overall good performance,still Trujillo acts like a monkey in a jungle.

Edited by Majestic Beast

Really enjoying the album overall. However, even though it's much better than DM in the sound department, it's still loud as fuck. God dammit. Just because something sounds booming on your stereo doesn't mean it's good in the sound quality department. Fuck. It actually pisses me off that albums still have limited breathing room in the engineering process because people can't figure this shit out. There is no excuse for this garbage. People complain about CD not having enough bottom end and sounding a bit sterile, but at least you can turn up the fucking volume without having it blast you out of the room. Fuck sakes. Not everything has to be loud as shit.

/rant

The 3-disc edition was 10 bucks at Best Buy, grabbed it because I can't pass up a sweet deal on an album from a band that releases one every several years :lol:

Megadeth's Dystopia is still my thrash album of the year, but this was a quality effort

Best Buy's gonna have the remastered Kill 'Em All & Ride the Lightning for 4 bucks on Thanksgiving & Black Friday next week also, for fellow cheap-asses :awesomeface:

Edited by Gackt
  • Like 2

According to music industry web site Hits Daily Double, Hardwired... To Self-Destruct", is likely to sell between 250,000 and 270,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The SPS figure is expected to be between 260,000 and 280,000.

SPS, a practice used by Billboard magazine, stands for "sales plus streaming," which includes album sales and converted track sales plus converted streaming data. For those interested: 10 tracks sold equal one album sale (since $1.29, the cost for an individual track, multiplied by ten gives you $12.99, a common price for an album, and 1,500 streams is equivalent to one album sale.

Metallica (Blackened) 260-280k SPS, 250-270k album

Miranda Lambert (RCA Nashville) 145-155k, 135-145k

Bruno Mars (WMG) 140-150k, 110-120k

• Death Magnetic - 490,000K in just three days of availability #1 in 34 countries.
  • St Anger - 420K
  • Reload - 435K
  • Load - 680K
  • Black - 598K

Pretty good numbers in this current state of music. Almost twice as good as AC/DC's Rock Or Bust.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Axl owns dexter said:

No time for haters, I can't get enough of the whole first side of the album. Oh, and Load was a great album, can't stand the 'tallica fans who act like they did nothing good after 1988.

They had a couple of good songs since then. No great album, though.

3 hours ago, Gackt said:

I hope Hardwired gets swapped with Spit Out The Bone in their setlists someday, that song would be killer live :headbang:

Definitely. It's already the fan favorite of the album. I'm hoping these four are staples: Atlas,Rise!, Moth Into Flames, Halo On Fire and Spit Out The Bone.

Wow Holy Sweet Jesus!

"Hardwired... To Self-Destruct" has reached No. 1 in 57 countries around the globe. 

Additionally, the record found its way into the Top 3 in 75 countries and Top 5 in 105 countries. 

"We're not quite sure we can even name 105 countries!", the band noted. 

Full Statement:

"Now that the four of us are back at home, getting settled and decompressing after one of the craziest, wildest and greatest weeks of our career, word has gotten to us over the weekend that 'Hardwired... To Self-Destruct' is number one in a staggering 57 countries, Top 3 in 75 countries and Top 5 in 105 countries! We’re not quite sure we can even name 105 countries! 

"Wow... what an insane awesome ride it's been. We are stunned, beyond grateful and truly appreciative that not only have Metallica fans embraced 'Hardwired... To Self-Destruct' beyond our wildest expectations, but more importantly, we're proud to see that hard rock and metal is still viable and matters in 2016... TO SO MANY PEOPLE! The support, excitement, and love from all corners of the planet means so much to us and we are sincerely blown away by the response. 

"The story has just begun and there is so much more to come, but we want to thank you for making this such a special time in Metallica history. We look forward to seeing you out on the road as we're just getting started here. Please keep your posts, photos, comments, critiques and stories coming our way!!" 

• Like 3