[Metallica] 'Hardwired... to Self-Destruct' \\//\\// WorldWired Tour Discussion

Silent Jay

I honestly don't know why more arena bands do not use the center of the arena for their stage for their shows like Metallica does for their arena shows?  The section 205 seat that Bono listed, if that was for a show where the stage was not center, it would be a more subpar area to see the show.  The fact that the stage is center for Metallica, that section makes for a more fantastic view.

Edited by Anguyen92
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Anguyen92 said:

I honestly don't know why more arena bands do not use the center of the arena for their stage for their shows like Metallica does for their arena shows?  The section 205 seat that Bono listed, if that was for a show where the stage was not center, it would be a more subpar area to see the show.  The fact that the stage is center for Metallica, that section makes for a more fantastic view.

Not only that, they're also able to sell more tickets when the stage is in the center because there is no "behind the stage" sections blocked off. 

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

Center stage is really bad if you want some pit action and I want that at Metallica show

There are two massive GA sections to either side of the stage. If anything impacts the pit action it's the crowd not the stage set up. 

Also there wasn't a huge amount of "pit action" at the stadium show I was at in Denver aside from some crowd surfing and maybe a small mosh pit that usually consists of the same group of guys so.... 

Edited by Bono

Because moshing fans are usually in the 3-15 row. When you have stage in the middle all of those people are spread out. 

I saw Muse in Vienna in 2015 and 2016, it was night and day between regular and centered stage. Spot the difference between those crowds :D Check out Metallica's shows from Europe from recent years and from this year too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlFpTAAtUlA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec8k5CRwHtM

Edited by Nicklord

Yeah ok I could see the difference. I do know that at Metallica there was no mosh pit in the first few rows though. I could look back about 30 rows deep or so and see a little pit once in a  while. I would think those who are there to mosh would just move back and mosh but I guess you're right it would spread those who want to mosh out a bit more so it makes it more difficult to gather as a group.  Never really understood moshing myself. I get jumping up and down and rockin out but never really saw the appeal of smashing into each other and not paying attention to what's going on on stage. Either way won't have to concern myself this time around as I'll have rserved seating. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 07/09/2018 at 1:55 PM, F*ck Fear said:

But does it have the bass? :lol:

Why would anyone touch greatest basslest album in history :D

I just love it the way it is . . .

We have live versions if we want bass  . . . \m/

I see that now you automaticly get download version of concert audio with your ticket scan - so it's - HTSD album + digital copy of concert + concert for the concert ticket...

Waiting for Euro stadium leg 2019 annaucment  till the end of month...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

Got a full mail with presale codes. You get a new album in physical or digital and a free download of your show when it gets available on livemetallica.com, nice :D gonna try hard for that Vienna show

unfortunately - Vienna is only option for me also...

13 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Asking to figure out Vienna show ticket price cause I can't find it :D

I guess it's gonna be similar to those. Well fuck me then. That's like 50% of a big festival ticket 

There are quite a few of categories in Brussels. These are all the prices:

137,85 euro (standing golden circle)

120,57 euro (seats 1st cat)

109,77 euro (seats, 2nd cat)

98,97 euro (seats 3rd cat, standing)

88,17 euro (seats 4th cat)

77,37 euro (seats 5th cat)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1