[Metallica] 'Hardwired... to Self-Destruct' \\//\\// WorldWired Tour Discussion

Silent Jay

On 13. 08. 2019. at 3:19 PM, Towelie said:

Confusion is a great track. Everyone banged on about Spit Out The Bone when the album first came out, but Confusion is a much better track, imo.

I just love Halo On Fire...

And live it kills

On 13/08/2019 at 2:19 PM, Towelie said:

Confusion is a great track. Everyone banged on about Spit Out The Bone when the album first came out, but Confusion is a much better track, imo.

We got Lords Of Summer in Manchester back in June during the encore. Was hoping for The Day That Never Comes or Spit Out The Bone.

11 hours ago, -Jaro- said:

I just love Halo On Fire...

And live it kills

Spit Out The Bone > Halo On Fire > Confusion imo.

We got Hardwired, Here Comes Revenge & Moth Into Flame in Manchester.

What do you think of those?

27 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

We got Lords Of Summer in Manchester back in June during the encore. Was hoping for The Day That Never Comes or Spit Out The Bone.

Moth Into Flame is one of the best on the album imo, along with Atlas and Confusion.

Hardwired is a cool track, not that fussed on Revenge.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

I love whole album so...

Hardwired is cool short fast opening for both, album and show. Moth is one of top tracks on album, and revenge is fine dark song...

And, as I said that I like album, all songs are even better live.

And Im one of few that like James/Rob switching on Spit... there is smth in Rob's "bad" voice 😀

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw S&M2 in cinema last night. Nice one... not good like original but nice one...

The day that never comrs - seems like the best version I ever heard, The Outlaw Torn again shines as the most underrated Metallica song, great Pulling Teeth homage to Cliff by guy from symphony... guess that countdown today will lead to S&M2 album release or smth...

2 hours ago, -Jaro- said:

Saw S&M2 in cinema last night. Nice one... not good like original but nice one...

The day that never comrs - seems like the best version I ever heard, The Outlaw Torn again shines as the most underrated Metallica song, great Pulling Teeth homage to Cliff by guy from symphony... guess that countdown today will lead to S&M2 album release or smth...

I had tickets to see metallica for their oz shows this month but their whole tour has been cancelled and tickets refunded so james can go back into rehab. Fuckin gutted.

8 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Sh!t.

Knew I forgot to do something.

Hopefully it'll be on Blu-Ray and CD for Christmas.

it will for sure... 

so metallicaXX was teaser for them playing some festivals in U.S. Guess, seems like fist in the eye for Aus/NZ fans ... And announcement while James is in regab is just.. let's strange, and "we'll have a lot of bourbon" line? wow - just stupid.

Who the f*%$& is this douche? 

These dates will be our only U.S. festival shows next year: May 1-3 - Epicenter at its new location at the Charlotte Motor Speedway in Charlotte, NC May 8-10 - Welcome To Rockville at its new location at the Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, FL May 15-17 - Sonic Temple Art + Music Festival at MAPFRE Stadium in Columbus, OH September 18-20 - Louder Than Life at Highland Festival Grounds at KY Expo Center in Louisville, KY October 9-11 - Aftershock at Discovery Park in Sacramento, CA

33 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

it will for sure... 

so metallicaXX was teaser for them playing some festivals in U.S. Guess, seems like fist in the eye for Aus/NZ fans ... And announcement while James is in regab is just.. let's strange, and "we'll have a lot of bourbon" line? wow - just stupid.

Who the f*%$& is this douche? 

These dates will be our only U.S. festival shows next year: May 1-3 - Epicenter at its new location at the Charlotte Motor Speedway in Charlotte, NC May 8-10 - Welcome To Rockville at its new location at the Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, FL May 15-17 - Sonic Temple Art + Music Festival at MAPFRE Stadium in Columbus, OH September 18-20 - Louder Than Life at Highland Festival Grounds at KY Expo Center in Louisville, KY October 9-11 - Aftershock at Discovery Park in Sacramento, CA

Interesting i thought all shows have been cancelled until james  has come out of rehab and the band have put no timeline on his rehab.

2 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Interesting i thought all shows have been cancelled until james  has come out of rehab and the band have put no timeline on his rehab.

no, in original statement they said only AUS/NZ are canceled:

A Note from Lars, Kirk, and Rob

We are truly sorry to inform our fans and friends that we must postpone our upcoming tour of Australia and New Zealand.

As most of you probably know, our brother James has been struggling with addiction on and off for many years. He has now, unfortunately, had to re-enter a treatment program to work on his recovery again. We fully intend to make our way to your part of the world as soon as health and schedule permit. We’ll let you know as soon as we can.

Once again, we are devastated that we have inconvenienced so many of you, especially our most loyal fans who travel great distances to experience our shows. We appreciate your understanding and support for James and, as always, thank you for being a part of our Metallica family.

All tickets purchased to the shows in Australia and New Zealand, including Enhanced Experiences and Black Tickets, will be fully refunded. More details on how to obtain your refund are below.

AUS - https://www.livenation.com.au/artist/metallica-tickets 

NZ - https://www.livenation.co.nz/artist/metallica-tickets 

Enhanced Experience & Black Tickets - https://www.cidentertainment.com/events/metallica-australia-tour 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 13/08/2019 at 11:19 PM, Towelie said:

I like both, but Spit Out The Bone is most definitely the album highlight. Confusion goes on for too long and overstays it’s welcome. The solos are crap too. 

You can tell that Kirk put time into the solos on Spit, but on Confusion they sound like meaningless, made up on the spot noodling. 

Edited by metallex78

On 18/07/2020 at 6:49 PM, doakes said:

Wow, look at all those formats & related merch! That's the way to release an album!

I've been hooked on their S&M 2 version of All Within My Hands.

Yep at least they arnt charging 1k for any of their boxsets!.

• Like 1

Their show from Irvine Damaged Justice tour is up on YouTube must watch imo.For me that was peak Metallica seen them at Irvine and Long Beach for that tour not sure if night on youtube is show I saw as they played three nights but they rocked that place.I had seen them open for Ozzy after MOP was released and was hooked.One of my fave live bands with Maiden and Pearl Jam 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gt72 said:

Their show from Irvine Damaged Justice tour is up on YouTube must watch imo.For me that was peak Metallica seen them at Irvine and Long Beach for that tour not sure if night on youtube is show I saw as they played three nights but they rocked that place.I had seen them open for Ozzy after MOP was released and was hooked.One of my fave live bands with Maiden and Pearl Jam 

There good with how they treat their fans. I cant see how any major metallica fan could bitch about metallica the way we bitch about GNR.

• Like 1