04/16/2016 Coachella **ANGUS YOUNG JOINS GNR ON STAGE**

Gibbo

2 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Slash, fix your goddamn tone!

Ok, so I'm NOT crazy! I watched a video of PC from Coachella yesterday and that's the second thing I thought. The first thing I thought was "Why is this so goddamn fast?!"

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Kittiara said:

You're not alone. I'm a happy bunny, too!

Only thing I hope for is that they'll have a concert not too far from me at some point and that ticket prices won't be crazy. In the meanwhile, I am loving the footage from Vegas and Coachella, and hopefully some kind soul will periscope Mexico. I guess I am not an artist - I don't really notice any of the band members being "off". I think they're doing great!

I'm happy too. My only "complaints" are that I wish Slash would play his November Rain solo on top of the piano. I don't understand why he's not doing that. It's so iconic. Also I hope that there's some talk about a new album in the not too distant future. I don't want this to be just about nostalgia. Oh and of course this would be a million times more interesting if Axl's foot wasn't injured, but what can you do. So all in all I'm very happy with everything so far.

35 minutes ago, irishguns said:

I always liked bumblefoot but please don't put him in the same ball park as Slash... yes he is incredibly skilled, precise and technical but Slash's playing has so much more emotion and feel, this is not something which can be learnt see him live and his playing grabs you by the pit of your stomach, the missed notes and mistakes add to it somehow... if you want someone who will hit every note with machine like precision bumblefoot is your man but there is a very valid reason why Slash will go down in history as a legend and bumblefoot won't.

I wonder wht type Fortus is? Emotion or technical? Or both?

From wht I see He's the emotion type thts why I think Slash/Fortus is really works but I dunno if I'm right cause I know nothing about guitar technic

Edited by SerenityScorp

25 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

I'm happy too. My only "complaints" are that I wish Slash would play his November Rain solo on top of the piano. I don't understand why he's not doing that. It's so iconic. Also I hope that there's some talk about a new album in the not too distant future. I don't want this to be just about nostalgia. Oh and of course this would be a million times more interesting if Axl's foot wasn't injured, but what can you do. So all in all I'm very happy with everything so far.

Probably the Health and Safety police wont let him stand on the piano, would be so cool if he did though.

49 minutes ago, irishguns said:

I always liked bumblefoot but please don't put him in the same ball park as Slash... yes he is incredibly skilled, precise and technical but Slash's playing has so much more emotion and feel, this is not something which can be learnt see him live and his playing grabs you by the pit of your stomach, the missed notes and mistakes add to it somehow... if you want someone who will hit every note with machine like precision bumblefoot is your man but there is a very valid reason why Slash will go down in history as a legend and bumblefoot won't.

I was only comparing their live proficiency.

To me, Slash will always go down in history as one of the greatest guitar composers. A master at coming up with fantastic solos and riffs. And at his height he was tremendous at adding lead guitars that would augment the general mood and feel of a live show, improvising licks and little melodies.

7 minutes ago, emybdc said:

He did it on the first night in Vegas.

Oh really? I thought he was standing on a little stage behind the piano. I specifically was looking forward to him standing on the piano. The livestream image was a bit crappy, but I was sure he was behind the piano, not on it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lio said:

Oh really? I thought he was standing on a little stage behind the piano. I specifically was looking forward to him standing on the piano. The livestream image was a bit crappy, but I was sure he was behind the piano, not on it.

Yeah I thought he was standing up next to Frank, not on the piano.   He's probably thinking the last thing we need is me falling off and/or busting my foot too.

Edited by Original

So.. Some months back we had the "Axl thing" and how crappy (#NOT) or Mickey Mouse sounded.

Now we have Slash's performance to talk about..! Yeah! Makin' mistakes and all this shit. Seriously?

Comin' up after Mexico show: "Duff needs to do more practice. He missed a tone on Attitude man! Not to mention Easy..! Was too flat. Damn."

People are crazy. Always need to complain about something.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, nikosgnr said:

So.. Some months back we had the "Axl thing" and how crappy (#NOT) or Mickey Mouse sounded.

Now we have Slash's performance to talk about..! Yeah! Makin' mistakes and all this shit. Seriously?

Comin' up after Mexico show: "Duff needs to do more practice. He missed a tone on Attitude man! Not to mention Easy..! Was too flat. Damn."

You forgot animations on big screens and lightning on stage...

Also - setlist needs a change - that Coma thing is overplayed ...

LanaDelRey has fancy jacket and I don't ... BOOOOOO!

Only the fourth show together, there is a ton of chemistry there but you can tell they are still getting a feel for each other after playing with other musicians for so many years. They should be a polished machine by July. They already sound great so really it's just nit picking because overall they are putting out great performances with little controversy.

Id say this band is very professional. 

But back to the nit picking....

in the setlist on that run of RQ and YCBM Axl either needs to get rid of that falsetto in there or separate the two songs in the set list. Tough songs back to back but YCBM hasn't been interesting to me since 2010 so I hope he improves there. 

32 minutes ago, nikosgnr said:

Cant wait for the complains about Duff

18 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

Dont forget the Looney Tunes!

Edited by SerenityScorp

1 minute ago, Appetiteyourillusion said:

Was it me or was Slash put of tune the entire night?

He was on NR at least. but who fucking cares? I totally understand if Dj Ashba fuck up the song.

But this guy wrote that solo, he can play that thing on an ukelele if he wants to.

CD songs are another story. I don't like the TIL solo at all.

17 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

Man I must be out of touch but has Coachella always been a hipster and cougar  fashion show?

http://nypost.com/2016/04/16/meet-the-cougars-who-are-dropping-thousands-prepping-for-coachella/

“About two months ago, when Guns N’ Roses mentioned they would [play], more women in their 40s started coming in,” says Dr. Norman Rowe, an Upper East Side plastic surgeon whose main focus is fat-reduction procedures. “They’re reliving their teen years.”

He recalls one patient in her mid-30s who pleaded with him, saying, “I want to wear this crop top like I did when I saw Guns N’ Roses back in the ’90s.”

:lol::lol::lol::lol: 

N' I wonder wht happens if this is full reunion......

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nikosgnr said:

Yeah really!!

59 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

43 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Dont forget the Looney Tunes!

This.

33 minutes ago, classicrawker said:

Man I must be out of touch but has Coachella always been a hipster and cougar  fashion show?

http://nypost.com/2016/04/16/meet-the-cougars-who-are-dropping-thousands-prepping-for-coachella/

I hate coachella For these reasons and For the VIP area.

For certain people it is only a catwalk...