04/16/2016 Coachella **ANGUS YOUNG JOINS GNR ON STAGE**

Gibbo

5 hours ago, SmackMaster511 said:

Slash had an off-night for Coachella. I think he hurt his hand. He was shaking it like he had picked up a hot-potato after some songs.

It's possible he had some cramping, it's incredibly painful and near impossible to play with.

56 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

Great LA Weekly review. :headbang:

It was perfect! They even nailed the negative by saying "the grit on his falsetto is mostly gone" that's the best way to describe it, but sorry for pointing that out  on a very positive review it was exactly what I hoped to hear from a review for the band and falls in line with what everyone who attends the shows says. 

I'm glad to see the Monday morning news outlets giving GNR a good reception and notably Axl for his vocal performance with Angus

Edited by IncitingChaos

3 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

I'm happy too. My only "complaints" are that I wish Slash would play his November Rain solo on top of the piano. I don't understand why he's not doing that. It's so iconic. Also I hope that there's some talk about a new album in the not too distant future. I don't want this to be just about nostalgia. Oh and of course this would be a million times more interesting if Axl's foot wasn't injured, but what can you do. So all in all I'm very happy with everything so far.

Slash performing that solo on top of the piano would be amazing! And yes, new music... of course I would love that. I have a feeling that we'll get new music, though. They have a working band, they all seem to be into this regrouping... it makes sense to at least release an EP! Of course, for all that I love GN'R, they don't always make sense. So it is just a feeling.

As for Axl and his foot, yeah, it's a shame. But as you say, what can you do? Glad there are some of us who are happy bunnies here!

4 hours ago, Russel Nash said:

i loved Coma on this one, Slash even broke a string at the end just like in Chigago 92.

I noticed the glare of a broken string hanging towards the end of the song too!
I'm no guitarist so this might be a stupid question, but is it something about Coma specifically that causes extra wear on the strings?

1 minute ago, qwerty123 said:

I noticed the glare of a broken string hanging towards the end of the song too!
I'm no guitarist so this might be a stupid question, but is it something about Coma specifically that causes extra wear on the strings?

Not really, just bad timing. After a while strings wear and are more prone to breaking. Usually the guitar tech would change them regularly to avoid this though.

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

No, he was on the platform behind the piano just like night two.

REALLY?! Oh man, my eyes tricked me and saw what they wanted to see lol that was one of the best moments of the night for me and it didn't happen hahahaha 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Not really, just bad timing. After a while strings wear and are more prone to breaking. Usually the guitar tech would change them regularly to avoid this though.

1 minute ago, moreblack said:

There's a lot of note bending in the solo towards the end of the song. If a string's gonna go, that's usually the place.

Ah ok thanks guys
Whatever the case, great timing as a nod to Chicago '92 where the same thing happened! :lol:
I wonder if Slash remembered that and was like "really?"

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

It did look that way from our viewpoint in section 10

You're right, it was the angle I was watching. On the second night, from section 7, I could see he was not on top of the piano.

I think I'll just hold on to the memory that he was on top of the piano on night 1 lol

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GnR_Stockholm said:

Being a hard core GNR-fan since 1987.... But I gotta admit, that Coachella gig wasn't good. I'm afraid this reunion came 10 years too late.... :-(

Could you be more specific? It sounds great to me. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, GNRFan53 said:

Could you be more specific? It sounds great to me. 

It just doesn't sound as good as in the old days. And they look kind of "out of date" too.... Not as cool as before. And Steven and Izzy are soooo missed. They should have been there now, especially Steven with his unique style that made AFD sound so fresh, new, good and groovy....

Sorry to say this guys. However, I still love this band. In my opinion, only two great bands ever came from America: The Ramones and Guns n' Roses. ;-)

(P.S. English is not my native language.)

(P.S. 2 Ok, ok relax...Bob Dylan also of course....and Patti Smith..and....hehe)

Edited by GnR_Stockholm

I didn't think Coachella gig was bad at all. The tempo was a little weird, I've noticed it specially on November Rain, but it wasn't that bad, imo. Those very harsh reviews from The Guardian and The Daily Beast seem to come from the wrong places. In the first case, the guy was annoyed by Axl sitting on his throne the whole concert - but really, what could the band have done differently? In the second, the writer just seem to hate Coachella altogether and took it out on GnR. I mean, he called the Coachella public "douchebags". He shouldn't even write about a festival he has such preconcived feelings towards.

• Like 4