Izzy says he is NOT involved with the upcoming GN'R shows

Someone started a thread on this earlier today. I merged it with the social media thread for the time being, but as some have mentioned, this is a little bigger than a "GN'R social media" subject, so I wanted to give it it's own thread.

For those in the dark, Izzy now has a twitter account (@izzystradlin999) which is confirmed to be real by very reliable source @downliner and he tweeted the following:

"Izzy Stradlin fact..

At thsi point in time, I've no involvement in the upcoming April 2016 GNR shows"

2 minutes later, he tweeted:

"Also, I have been writing but I have not been in the studio writing or recording with any of the GNR guys recently"

Originally posted by me at GNR Evolution. If I get any more updates from Izzy they'll always be posted their first but other fansites are encouraged to share them!

izzytwitterpic.png

Hi there!

At this point in time I`m not involved in the upcoming 2016 gigs . I`ve been writing new material but I have not been writing or recording anything with the GNR guys . I`m starting a twitter account @IzzyStradlin999 to drop a bit of info here and there as needed . Big "thank you" to all the people who have asked about my involvement in April shows !
If anything changes I`ll contact you
spread the word
Cheers
Izzy

All you Twitter users get following..... @IzzyStradlin999

Edited by downliner
Source Credit :)
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

No disrespect, but I think the idea of hoping TB "putting a muzzle" on anyone, let alone Izzy Stradlin is ridiculous. 

These are grown men and should be able to say what they want about their own lives.

Of course they should but this is GNR we are talking about. No matter what our GNR-insiders(TM)say ,you'd have to be foolish to think the members of new GNR spoke freely. Adler talks up a storm usually so for him to be this silent, you'd have to imagine GNR management have convinced him not to talk. The same could be said for Pitman as he has not been saying much of anything GNR related lately. 

Just now, Subtle Signs said:

Of course they should but this is GNR we are talking about. No matter what our GNR-insiders(TM)say ,you'd have to be foolish to think the members of new GNR spoke freely. Adler talks up a storm usually so for him to be this silent, you'd have to imagine GNR management have convinced him not to talk. The same could be said for Pitman as he has not been saying much of anything GNR related lately. 

What I'm asking is why you would hope for them to put a muzzle on Izzy?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

What I'm asking is why you would hope for them to put a muzzle on Izzy?

Maybe muzzle was the wrong way to put it. I'm hoping that GNR management didn't want the news of Izzy playing with GNR to leak so now they are asking him to deny involvement in the reunion. Just the same as it appears they've done to Adler.